Kane's injury

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really hope it's not his wrist, I wouldn't want to know what it could potentially do to his stick-handling/shot in the future.

It's gotta be in the shoulder region, imo.

TCD

Liked Posts:
If its six then the team needs to pull its pants up and clinch a playoff spot, forget about home ice and all that bonus shit and whatever fucking gay ass rumors the beat writers are trying to write for attention. Come together as a team and get the first fucking job done. If they clinch and are without kane for the first round then they can work on getting around that then. For now there should only be one focus and thats to clinch.

If stan can find a way to help the team get to that first goal then he has to pull a trigger. A guy like vermette and an additional blueliner can help that cause. Not sure what that takes at its not my job to phone other GMs.

Sucks about Kane but nothing we can do about it as fans. Up to the team coaches and management to get the playoffs clinched first and foremost. Maybe this is something that will bring the club together again? I know that sounds tacky as fuck and i hate saying it but i have to look at it in some positive form even though it down right fucking blows grimson balls.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Carcillo will be in the lineup Thursday? Beating the shit out of Carbomb will surely teach Petrovic a thing or two.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Carcillo will be in the lineup Thursday? Beating the shit out of Carbomb will surely teach Petrovic a thing or two.

Hahahaha. Im actually a carcillo fan but that was one of the funniest carcillo posts.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I really hope it's not his wrist, I wouldn't want to know what it could potentially do to his stick-handling/shot in the future.

Busted clavicle/collarbone may be worse, depending on how it fractured... It just sucks all around.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
If its six then the team needs to pull its pants up and clinch a playoff spot, forget about home ice and all that bonus shit and whatever fucking gay ass rumors the beat writers are trying to write for attention. Come together as a team and get the first fucking job done. If they clinch and are without kane for the first round then they can work on getting around that then. For now there should only be one focus and thats to clinch.

If stan can find a way to help the team get to that first goal then he has to pull a trigger. A guy like vermette and an additional blueliner can help that cause. Not sure what that takes at its not my job to phone other GMs.

Sucks about Kane but nothing we can do about it as fans. Up to the team coaches and management to get the playoffs clinched first and foremost. Maybe this is something that will bring the club together again? I know that sounds tacky as fuck and i hate saying it but i have to look at it in some positive form even though it down right fucking blows grimson balls.

The loss of Kane for the rest of the regular season isn't going to drop them out of the playoffs, IMO. The problem is that they are going to need a LOT of help to just get out of the first round without Kane. Two defensemen and probably some grit for the bottom six.

Will be interesting to see who gets called up and what moves get made.

Hawkins

Liked Posts:
I agree with you on this. I just cringe while crossing my fingers and wait for the scroll or NHL tonight to deliver the news. Why does it have to be Kane? You can say that Kane is a pussy, and he is a bit diminutive in stature. Maybe he should spend more time in the weight room and eat a few more carbs, instead of focusing on his stick handling and prowess with the puck! He will never lose those skills if it truly is the shoulder and (shudder) not the wrist.The extra pounds might even increase his speed....who knows? The news made me want to vomit. With Rose, it's an every year occurrence. I don't even care about him or the team, for that matter! Every time you turn around, he's out for some reason.

On the bright side, he's not Sidney Crosby.......talk about pussies. The dude is much bigger than Kane and has more injury complaints than an 80 year old woman. He gets a hangnail and he is out for weeks. Crosby is like Tiger Woods in that he can always say that his game is not "tournament ready". Where is he in the playoffs? Columbus tossed them to the curb in the first round last year. So many marquis players like him, Ovechkin, and the like, never come through once the playoffs begin. Kaner is different, he can and has gotten that Finals clincher for you.

I really hope this can be resolved fairly quickly (his injury). We need him, but like you said, this team needs to pull up their big boy pants. That's what champions do. I haven't seen Coach Q's post game yet, nor the injury replays.....don't know if I can stomach that right now. Reminds me of being a kid growing up on the South Side, screaming my lungs out and white knuckling it whenever I watched one of our teams playing. Not fond memories. Injuries happen. What can you do. One thing is you can protect your star players a bit more with a few more enforcers on the ice during their shifts. Look at Winnepeg.....they lost Evander Kane, but they are still in our rear view mirror in the Central.

Kind of like the side mirror sticker that says, Caution: Objects may appear smaller than what they really are.....something like that. Hey, it's late and I am pissed, so give me a break! You guys know what I meant by that. The Jets are five back of us, Montreal brought us 2 points closer to the Blues (thank you), but the fucking Preds won again.......that's all I got for the moment. I am new here, so bear with me. Thanks!

Hawkins

Liked Posts:
Hah, wow. Wow.

Jus' wondering if you were laughing at my post. I am sorry if I rambled on. I may not be the resident expert when it comes to analysis, etc. But, I also do not run the team. None of us do. I pray for the best with Kane's injury. Could the timing suck any more than it already does. Great teams pull together when this bullshit happens. Just look back at some of the teams that have won the Cup over the years. The days of so called "dynasty" teams may be over. In all sports. Maybe we could win the Cup every other year? If that's the case, we better get that heartbeat going and very soon. Grind it out......somehow!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
"You get ticked off when the best player in the league gets hit like that," Blackhawks forward Kris Versteeg said. "I can't totally comment because I didn't fully see it. You never want to see that. People pay a lot of money to watch Patrick Kane play. It's never good when he's out of the lineup -- not only for us, but for the league. Hopefully, he's good. We'll see how it goes."

This is the shit I've been telling you guys all season but you make fun of me and say the Hawks just don't play that way. But they needed to. They needed to play pissed off before this happened, and keep their best player clean by being the more aggressive team. This possession style of play needs an infusion of toughness they just don't have. It's time for them to fight, but it already might be too late.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watching Comcast Sports, they said Kane is out at least a month.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would love to LOL at the responses if someone like Seabrook made a hot like this on Stamkos.

Bet they would be a whole lot different.

Must be the Bears Fan meatball gene going on here.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Would love to LOL at the responses if someone like Seabrook made a hot like this on Stamkos.

Bet they would be a whole lot different.

Must be the Bears Fan meatball gene going on here.

I'd be pleased as a bearsbud in shit if the Hawks played with more aggression.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Blackhawks have 77 points with 21 games left. Right now, the last of the 2 wildcards is Minnesota with 69 points and 22 games left. Calgary and San Jose are right behind them with 68 points.

100 points will get in for sure. That is 23 more point with 21 games. I would be surprised if they didn't get in without Kane. Playoffs are 7 weeks away. I think he could be back by then. Aaron Rodgers was back in 7 weeks.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Hawks do not have a hard schedule in March at all. Carolina twice, Edmonton, Arizona, Dallas, Philadelphia, Columbus. Their hardest games are probably the NY games.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This is the shit I've been telling you guys all season but you make fun of me and say the Hawks just don't play that way. But they needed to. They needed to play pissed off before this happened, and keep their best player clean by being the more aggressive team. This possession style of play needs an infusion of toughness they just don't have. It's time for them to fight, but it already might be too late.

This is a myth that's been proven wrong time and time again.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Potential silver lining here, from @BrianHedger on Twitter:

No salary cap in playoffs. Theoretically, if Blackhawks add through LTIR cap exception they might get Kane in playoffs & added players.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Potential silver lining here, from @BrianHedger on Twitter:

I thought aboot that too last evening. You can basically LTIR Kane and sacrifice a draft pick for an expiring contract. Now I have to see who's out there.