Kane's injury

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually blame the fans for making Kane believe he could win the Hart and the scoring title this season. Made him try to hard and when you try to hard you get hurt. He should have been floating like Hossa has been all year...don't see Hossa getting hurt now do you?

EXACTLY!!

You take that back!! You take that back now!!!!! ...... or else.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Just wanted to say how sorry it is that Kane got hurt. Get him back 100% healthy and if the chips are right, let's light this Stanley Cup up with a Red Wings vs Blackhawks finale!

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What was he listening to when it happened?

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Fuuuuuck. I've been out the past two days with the flu and suddenly Kane's dead and the season is in jeopardy.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
They'll make it into the postseason. If Kane isn't ready for round one, then I'll be seeing you guys at Notre Dame next year for training camp.
The other thing is what Stan can do before the deadline to band-aid Kane's absence.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Teuvo needs to step in and be Kane while Kane is gone.....

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Petrovic supposedly asked Campbell and Hayes to reach out to Kane for him per Panthers beat writer on Twitter. Petrovic also said he expects to get challenged tonight by somebody on the Blackhawks despite him not having any intent to hurt Kane.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

TCD

Liked Posts:
They'll make it into the postseason. If Kane isn't ready for round one, then I'll be seeing you guys at Notre Dame next year for training camp.
The other thing is what Stan can do before the deadline to band-aid Kane's absence.

I think it would depend on who they play first round and if Q can teach the team to play trap hockey in 5 weeks.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's the 13 games from '13-'14 when Kane was out/injured:

February 7 PHX 0-2 Loss 0-1-0
March 21 CAR 3-2 Win 1-1-0
March 23 NSH 0-2 Loss 1-2-0
March 25 DAL 4-2 Win 2-2-0
March 27 BOS 0-3 Loss 2-3-0
March 28 OTT 3-5 Loss 2-4-0
March 30 PIT 3-5 Loss 2-5-0
April 3 MIN 3-2 Win 3-5-0
April 4 CBJ 4-3 Win 4-5-0
April 6 STL 4-2 Win 5-5-0
April 9 MON 3-2 Win 6-5-0
April 11 WAS 0-4 Loss 6-6-0
April 12 NSH 5-7 Loss 6-7-0

I see the same scenario this season.
Last season's numbers:
46-21-15 overall
40-14-15 With Kane in the lineup
6-7-0 without

TCD

Liked Posts:
yah i would agree if i were betting that the team goes just bellow .500 here on out. I'm not going to try and do math predictions as to who the Hawks would play first round but if I had my wishes (and i may be talking way too early) then Ducks or Blues would be my choices. While still difficult without Kaner I think the best thing for the Hawks first round would be against a team with suspect playoff goalkeeping. Ducks would be my overall wish because I think their blueline is still a bit suspect also to be honest.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think 10 more wins will get them 8th seed. 15 wins somewhere between 3-6 seed

TCD

Liked Posts:
TT isnt going to make up for kanes lack of scoring obviously because he is a far cry from kane and more so because hes playing on the third line with two scrubs.

All TT needs to do is what he did last night. Play the two way game. This team is reliant on the two way game which is what will win or lose games here on in. Team has always been built on the two way game though.

Keith needs to start getting his fucking shots on net! No idea why i felt the need to say that here but it was a glaring issue with keith last night yet again. Love the guy but fuck it takes him 6 years to get his shot off and when he does it has been hitting defenders again. Maybe he looks too much for that slap pass from the point too much? But speaking of two way games...keiths gotta get his going again.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keith needs to start getting his fucking shots on net! No idea why i felt the need to say that here but it was a glaring issue with keith last night yet again. Love the guy but fuck it takes him 6 years to get his shot off and when he does it has been hitting defenders again. Maybe he looks too much for that slap pass from the point too much? But speaking of two way games...keiths gotta get his going again.

If he doesn't shoot into the shinguards of a player 6 feet in front of him, It's way wide of the net.

Of course, now he'll probably score tonight against Tampa Bay.