Much love to D Rose

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Nah, I'll keep my definitions the same.

Its kind of like Tommie Harris for the Bears. He gave us a few really productive years before injuries took their toll. He also didn't live up to his contract either. I don't consider Harris a bust for the Bears.

You may change your mind when Bulls are unable to bring in necessary quality talent, due to the largest disability contract in the NBA.

NFL contracts can be unloaded much easier.

Plus Rose is soft and stupid to begin with, 2 qualities that are a detriment to any professional athlete.

He'll never read this thread for simple reason he is illiterate.

Rose is everything Jordan is NOT.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Tommie Harris was a one man wrecking crew, that would have drawn a double team every play that would have allowed the defense to do so much more.
Perhaps. I'm just not convinced the Bears would have had enough offense to win that game. They would have needed a defensive score in that game. Possible if they forced Manning into more turnovers. I know Harris would have really helped in stopping the run game of the Colts that ran all over the Bears in that game. At the same time though, I'm not thoroughly convinced.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You may change your mind when Bulls are unable to bring in necessary quality talent, due to the largest disability contract in the NBA.

NFL contracts can be unloaded much easier.

Plus Rose is soft and stupid to begin with, 2 qualities that are a detriment to any professional athlete.

He'll never read this thread for simple reason he is illiterate.

Rose is everything Jordan is NOT.
lol, I'm not changing my mind on anything. And I don't think anyone has ever said Rose is Jordan. The Rose is Jordan days ended as soon as he sat out 14 months from his ACL injury... Even just having the ACL injury IMO ended any hopes of him becoming Jordan. Jordan's lone injury was a broken foot. Jordan never had knee problems.

I already know the Bulls are inhibited until he's gone. That has been the case for years though. But the Bulls have already prepared for this. Niko is the future at PF... Butler is a surprising development at the wing, but is exactly what they needed to happen. If Snell keeps it up they also have another good wing. If McDermott develops over the summer, they have a good 6th man for the time being and possibly another trade piece if Snell is the better option.

It's not like there's any rad free agents coming up to sign as PG's anyways. Dragic doesn't want to come here. 2016 is a big free agency years... but given the Bulls past history, do you expect much of anything? No stars want to sign here even if they have a good team and thing going for them. Miami will get all the FA's again as they are set up perfectly for 2016 free agency.

The best one can hope for is mid-to low draft pick developments continue to happen... This team isn't going to tank... ever... and that they trade Noah, Gasol, and Gibson and hope they can get relatively unprotected draft picks for them and those teams suck and they luck into a lotto pick. I highly doubt they'll get much of value for any of those players as far as picks that could be lottery picks. Teams no longer trade unprotected/low protection picks for aging players. At that point the best they could hope for is to have 4 or 5 1st round picks and then bundle them together to move up (like last year).

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Bigger market, higher expectations.

and LOL at this people who cry about money. Its not like Rose signed his contract and said "see ya, I'm never playing again".

You'd be surprised at how many people actually think that he does/did this

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's actually a genius like that. He totally planned out all his injuries so that he'd never have to play again.

:obama:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I consider all those people bandwagon fans. And the older generation of those type of people were Jordan bandwagoners who gave up on the Bulls when he retired and didn't return until Rose showed up. Rose has disappointed them greatly.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
LMAO at people calling Rose a bust. The former MVP of the league is a bust, really?

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
I consider all those people bandwagon fans. And the older generation of those type of people were Jordan bandwagoners who gave up on the Bulls when he retired and didn't return until Rose showed up. Rose has disappointed them greatly.

I agree. And these same people were the guys expected Rose to come back after missing 2 years and regain his MVP form right away. That's why it's really funny when people say "He's not even the best on the team anymore" or "Rose sucks now man". No, he was regaining confidence in his body and finding his rhythm again

He's actually a genius like that. He totally planned out all his injuries so that he'd never have to play again.

:obama:

I know! Damn genius!

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
lol, I'm not changing my mind on anything. And I don't think anyone has ever said Rose is Jordan. The Rose is Jordan days ended as soon as he sat out 14 months from his ACL injury... Even just having the ACL injury IMO ended any hopes of him becoming Jordan. Jordan's lone injury was a broken foot. Jordan never had knee problems.

I already know the Bulls are inhibited until he's gone. That has been the case for years though. But the Bulls have already prepared for this. Niko is the future at PF... Butler is a surprising development at the wing, but is exactly what they needed to happen. If Snell keeps it up they also have another good wing. If McDermott develops over the summer, they have a good 6th man for the time being and possibly another trade piece if Snell is the better option.

It's not like there's any rad free agents coming up to sign as PG's anyways. Dragic doesn't want to come here. 2016 is a big free agency years... but given the Bulls past history, do you expect much of anything? No stars want to sign here even if they have a good team and thing going for them. Miami will get all the FA's again as they are set up perfectly for 2016 free agency.

The best one can hope for is mid-to low draft pick developments continue to happen... This team isn't going to tank... ever... and that they trade Noah, Gasol, and Gibson and hope they can get relatively unprotected draft picks for them and those teams suck and they luck into a lotto pick. I highly doubt they'll get much of value for any of those players as far as picks that could be lottery picks. Teams no longer trade unprotected/low protection picks for aging players. At that point the best they could hope for is to have 4 or 5 1st round picks and then bundle them together to move up (like last year).

"No stars want to sign here even if they have a good team">>>

>>>So I have noticed, the question is why?.

If it's Thibs coaching style, I have the feeling he isn't going to be around much longer either.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No stars want to sign here even if they have a good team>>>

If it's Thibs coaching style, I have the feeling he isn't going to be around much longer either.
I doubt it has anything to do with Thibs. The only big FA we've been able to sign is Ben Wallace...and I guess Pau.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

They've failed in 2000, 2010, and 2014. The only constant in any of those is Jerry Reinsdorf.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Mr. Rose,

It's unlikely that you'll read this comment, and even if you do, the exceptional mental toughness that you have demonstrated means that it is unlikely that any fan comments, whether good or bad, will have any impact on you.

Regardless, I just want to state that I continue to be a huge fan of you for the class, work ethic, attitude, and decency you have always shown on and off the court. Many fans are reacting negatively towards you. They can all go fuck themselves. They can't comprehend your life. They just look at the dollar signs. They couldn't imagine (nor endure) the amount of work you put in. Yes, you have a natural talent, but beyond that you have a drive and work ethic that no poster on this forum could come anywhere near matching.

Ultimately, I just hope you know that many Bulls fans like myself are behind you 100% no matter what the future holds. All my best to you and yours.

Nice post, and thank you for restoring my faith that there are still some fans that are not immature, and have class. And if Derrick does read this, stay strong brother!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Some of you guys act like he purposely tore his acl along with his meniscus....
He did. His plan all along was to tear his ACL in Game 1 of the first round in 2012, mainly so Thibs would get the blame. He could make some Adidas commercials, hype up his comeback, then not come back, sit out for 14 months, come back, play awful for 10 games and then tear his meniscus and miss the whole season again, then come back, play for Team USA, play preseason and 46 games of the regular season before tearing the same meniscus.

All part of the plan.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He did. His plan all along was to tear his ACL in Game 1 of the first round in 2012, mainly so Thibs would get the blame. He could make some Adidas commercials, hype up his comeback, then not come back, sit out for 14 months, come back, play awful for 10 games and then tear his meniscus and miss the whole season again, then come back, play for Team USA, play preseason and 46 games of the regular season before tearing the same meniscus.

All part of the plan.
He's a rich genius he is.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:

It's multiple reasons that stars have not chosen Chicago, but we can now add the message board fanbase as a new reason.

The way that some Bulls fans have turned on the hometown kid because he tore his acl is going to be a huge turnoff to free agents. They're gonna say to themselves ... "If these people can turn on a hometown kid that won a MVP, they're definitely gonna turn on me".

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
You're right.

I've never looked at it this way.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
"Much love to D-Rose."

-Men's Warehouse