Looking ahead to the future

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
None of those are bad ideas. But firing one of the best coaches in the NBA would be.

If the right offers come along for Taj, you should do it (especially because of Mirotic). Noah is a very good player and if the Bulls can re-sign him for less $/yr then they should consider it.

Gasol's contract is so good, I don't see a point of trading him. He's the best free agent to sign with the Bulls in forever. I just can't justify trading the guy when he's a very good player who took a discount to sign here. That would be telling all future free agents "you'd be an idiot to sign here."

A medical buy-out for Rose is an option I am leaning more towards.

Only reason I don't keep Noah is he isn't going to get any healthier. Guys foot is a chronic issue.

As far as thibs I think he is an awesome coach. Football wise I thought harbaugh was a great nfl coach but we saw what happened there when gm and hc don't see eye to eye. I'm sure San Fran fans don't like their new coach compared to harbaugh. We are about to feel those pains I think. It sucks but is what is.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Why couldn't the Bulls just keep the two picks and draft Jusuf Nurkic and K.J. McDaniels?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I keep Gibson and trade Gasol. Gibson is younger and has a great contract. Gasol will have trade value to a contender. Hinrich has no value other than a salary reduction. I trade Noah although I love the guy. I re-sign Brooks and build around Butler. Trade Dunleavy also who has value to a contender.

For the remainder of this season my line-up goes like this:

PG Brooks
SG Butler
SF Mirotic
PF Gibson
C Noah

Bench:

C/PF Gasol
SF Dunleavy
SG Snell
PG Hinrich
PF/SF McDermott

McDermott needs to be given some decent minutes. So do Snell and Mirotic. They need to know what they will have in them for next year and years to come. They weren't going to make a run in the play-offs anyway in my estimation but there is no reason not to play the young guys. NO REASON AT ALL, record be damned!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why couldn't the Bulls just keep the two picks and draft Jusuf Nurkic and K.J. McDaniels?

Might be a good idea. I haven't paid much attention to the draft but I do recall researching Nurkic a bit last year and I recall that he does have a lot of talent. I also like that Wisconsin big man as a replacement for Gasol.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Currently, Nurkic is averaging 7.1 PPG and 6.6 RPG while McDaniels is averaging 8.8 PPG and 3.6 RPG on their respective teams.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You do know if the Bulls kept their picks there was zero guarantee they took either one of those players right?

KJ McDaniels was the 32nd overall pick, aka a 2nd round pick. The Bulls would have not taken him.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
You do know if the Bulls kept their picks there was zero guarantee they took either one of those players right?

KJ McDaniels was the 32nd overall pick, aka a 2nd round pick. The Bulls would have not taken him.

I'm just saying. Imagine a bench that consists of Brooks, McDaniels, Snell, Mirotic, and Nurkic.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm just saying. Imagine a bench that consists of Brooks, McDaniels, Snell, Mirotic, and Nurkic.
Nurkic would get 0 playing time here. We have a hard enough time finding Mirotic minutes. McDaniels would be interesting, but he has those stats because he was starting in Philly. McDermott would probably have some very nice stats if he was starting in Philly.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
McDermott needs to be given some decent minutes. So do Snell and Mirotic. They need to know what they will have in them for next year and years to come. They weren't going to make a run in the play-offs anyway in my estimation but there is no reason not to play the young guys. NO REASON AT ALL, record be damned!
Well, look at how much success Thibs has had developing young talent. Snell and Butler were given similar treatment as rookies, Rose had an MVP season, Mirotic is getting better as the season progresses also. His methods have worked. I would trust him when it comes to developing young players. Actually, he is good at developing players in general.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, look at how much success Thibs has had developing young talent. Snell and Butler were given similar treatment as rookies, Rose had an MVP season, Mirotic is getting better as the season progresses also. His methods have worked. I would trust him when it comes to developing young players. Actually, he is good at developing players in general.
The general belief though is Thibs won't be around much longer though.. So how will that go in tune with player development?

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
so we go from a deep frontcourt to a very thin one?? no thanks. trade Gibson in the offseason maybe but not Gibson AND gasol

Can't rely on Rose to stay healthy. Might as well see what we can get for the both of them. Even if we keep Gibson, Mirotic needs to be starting. He's the future.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can't rely on Rose to stay healthy. Might as well see what we can get for the both of them. Even if we keep Gibson, Mirotic needs to be starting. He's the future.
Well Gibson has been a career 6th man..

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
The general belief though is Thibs won't be around much longer though.. So how will that go in tune with player development?

That is true that Thibs may very well be gone. But we all know him to be a stubborn SOB that will stick to his guns. He is not the type of guy to abandon his way of doing things. He will continue with his ways of developing rookies regardless of the fact that he is on the hot seat. I would like to see McDermott more also. I just wouldn't hold my breath that he will suddenly start putting him in just because his future with the organization is questionable.

I am worried about the Bulls after Thibs. It's hard to find a coach who is as good as him, let alone better.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
That is true that Thibs may very well be gone. But we all know him to be a stubborn SOB that will stick to his guns. He is not the type of guy to abandon his way of doing things. He will continue with his ways of developing rookies regardless of the fact that he is on the hot seat. I would like to see McDermott more also. I just wouldn't hold my breath that he will suddenly start putting him in just because his future with the organization is questionable.

I am worried about the Bulls after Thibs. It's hard to find a coach who is as good as him, let alone better.

Believe in Hoiberg hes gonna be a breath of fresh air for this franchise

thibs is gone regardless whether the Bulls release him or he just walks after his contract expires

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
At best, I think you get a one-and-done COTY scenario out of Hoiberg. Thibs is a better coach (despite fans that are heavily lopsided offense-lovers hating him), and the problem is Paxson. Pax will flush Hoiberg or any other replacement just as quick, if not quicker.