Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Loooooolllll I would pass on Mariota every time.

I'm sure the fact you're a Cutler slurper has nothing to do with that.....

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gruden is calling for the Bears to trade Jay to the Titans for Locker... ???!!!!!???!!!! :thinking::dunno:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
i'm a Cutler backer, and I'd be fine with Mariota. It's a good value pick. Though i'd prefer a defensive superstar, youre not really guaranteed that either.

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Before you get too far in to this debate, have you at least seen Marcus play?

Yes, why? I've watched mostly breakdowns on his play and lots of reading. I've probably now watched about a half dozen of his games.

Now that we're getting close, how about yourself?

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
I'd take Mariota for sure. Everyone has said he's an excellent leader who picks things up quickly, let him sit for a year or two behind Cutler and then let his freakish athleticism run wild

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd take Mariota for sure. Everyone has said he's an excellent leader who picks things up quickly, let him sit for a year or two behind Cutler and then let his freakish athleticism run wild

Exactly, if he's there, run the fuck up there and cash it in!!

Colonel_Buendia

Liked Posts:
Exactly, if he's there, run the fuck up there and cash it in!!

hard to imagine both the titans and the jets passing on him, and who knows if the eagles are actually thinking about trading up for him.. i would love to see him in chicago but i'm not holding my breath

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO there is only one QB in this draft worth that high of a pick, and thats Winston. The only way I would be okay with the Bears drafting Mariota is if they have someone in place they feel confident can start ahead of him so he can sit and learn a bit. That person can NOT be Cutler though. Bears fans are fickle as fuck when it comes to supporting QBs, and thats all we need is a bunch of fans booing Cutler and putting the pressure on the organization to start an unready Martiota and ruin him also. Because if he comes out and plays like a dud, they will be booing the shit out of him too.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Gruden is calling for the Bears to trade Jay to the Titans for Locker... ???!!!!!???!!!! :thinking::dunno:

That's not quite what he said. He brought up Locker as a free agent pickup to replace Cutler and brought up J.McCown as well but they said on Mike and Mike that Tennessee would be a team interested in trading for Cutler because he played at Vandy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
First of all if he's there at #7 then you listen to every trade offer and if you don't get one good enough then I would absolutely draft him. I think he's gonna be a good QB in the NFL. It would be tough to pass up on a defensive player cause we're in such a need at so many positions on defense but if you have a chance to get a franchise QB you jump all over that chance and don't look back. My opinion is he won't be there at 7 anyway though.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
First of all if he's there at #7 then you listen to every trade offer and if you don't get one good enough then I would absolutely draft him. I think he's gonna be a good QB in the NFL. It would be tough to pass up on a defensive player cause we're in such a need at so many positions on defense but if you have a chance to get a franchise QB you jump all over that chance and don't look back. My opinion is he won't be there at 7 anyway though.

I think that as well. I would be the Eagles would be pretty interested. If not, then that is a red flag on Mariota imo, similar to when Pete Carrol drafted Earl Thomas over Taylor Mays.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Elite Intangibles
Elite athletic ability

Develop the rest.

I would be fine if they took Mariota.