Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Various scenarios tonight:

[h=2]In the East[/h]No. 3 and No. 4 seeds

• Chicago will be seeded No. 3 and Toronto will be No. 4 if the Bulls beat Atlanta at home OR the Raptors lose at home to Charlotte.
  • The Bulls will be seeded No. 4 and Toronto No. 3 if the Raptors win AND the Bulls lose.
No. 8 seed:

• Indiana clinches a playoff spot with a road win over the Grizzlies OR a Nets home loss to the Magic.
  • Brooklyn clinches a playoff spot with a home win over the Magic AND a Pacers loss in Memphis.

[h=2]In the West[/h]San Antonio will be seeded:

• No. 2 if the Spurs win in New Orleans
  • No. 3 if the Spurs lose and the Rockets lose at home to Utah
  • No. 5 if the Spurs lose, the Rockets win and the Grizzlies lose at home to Indiana
  • No. 6 if the Spurs lose and the Rockets and Grizzlies win
The Los Angeles Clippers will be seeded:

• No. 2 if the Spurs and Rockets both lose
  • No. 3 if the Spurs OR Rockets win
Houston will be seeded:

• No. 2 if the Rockets beat Utah and the Spurs lose
  • No. 5 if the Rockets and Spurs win OR the Rockets and Grizzlies both lose
  • No. 6 if the Rockets lose and Grizzlies win
Memphis will be seeded:

• No. 5 if the Grizzlies win and the Spurs or Rockets lose
  • No. 6 if the Grizzlies lose OR the Spurs and Rockets both win
No. 8 seed

• New Orleans clinches a playoff spot with a win over the Spurs OR a Thunder loss in Minnesota.
  • Oklahoma City clinches a playoff berth with a win in Minnesota AND a Pelicans loss to the Spurs.
P.S.: If the Pelicans prevail, it would mark just the third time in the last 30 seasons in which one division sent all of its teams to the playoffs, with the 2014-15 Southwest Division joining the 1985-86 Midwest and the 2005-06 Central. The Southwest’s composite .635 win percentage in that scenario, according to the Elias Sports Bureau, would be the highest of any division under the current format implemented in 2004-05.

http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/3727/every-playoff-scenario-on-last-day-of-season

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Given the above.. really tough luck for Memphis who just a week ago was the #2 seed in the West. And about a month ago had #2 seed fairly securely... They've really fallen off.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Thunder have 105 points in the 3rd quarter lol.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Given the above.. really tough luck for Memphis who just a week ago was the #2 seed in the West. And about a month ago had #2 seed fairly securely... They've really fallen off.

at this point the 6 seed is better for Memphis than the 5 seed, but up 12 in the 3rd quarter it looks like they will end up with the 5 spot. the 6 seed though would of meant the clippers in the first round and a likely 2nd round against Houston instead of going thru Portland and golden state

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
The only East series that has any chance of going past 5 games is the Raptors-Wizards

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know its Eastern Conference but I feel it will be a more active thread. Huge win for the Pels tonight. Monty Williams should be a serious candidate for coach of the year even though he wont win. Dude has had a ton of injuries to his team in the toughest division and conference and kept them together. AD is going to be the best player on the plant very soon. His block shot in crunch time was amazing. Dude is a freak. We are one and done with GS but my hope is they win a game or two and build on this momentum for next year. Young team.

Oh yea, and go Bulls. lol

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Which series do you think goes longer?

I could see the bulls series going 6 games as well as the ATL/Brooklyn series. not saying both will, but id bet one of those 2 at least goes 6