Rotoworlds: NFL prospect Player Blurbs

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
An AFC defensive coordinator said Clemson edge rusher Vic Beasley and ILB Stephone Anthony "really put on a show" at the combine.
"Between the two Clemson linebackers (Vic Beasley and Stephone Anthony), they really put on a show. Beasley is going high," the defensive coordinator said. Beasley's combine showing was a bit ridiculous. He showed up weighing a jacked 246 pounds, and then posted an incredible 41-inch vertical leap and a 4.53 40-yard dash. "Teams were even more impressed with how fluid he was in space and with his ability to change directions with ease," wrote NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein. As far as Anthony goes, the analyst added: "Anthony generated pre-combine buzz at the Senior Bowl practices, and then followed that up with a strong combine highlighted by a 4.56 40-yard dash with a 4.03 20-yard shuttle showing off outstanding lateral movement and change-of-direction ability."
Source: NFL.com Feb 25 - 10:08 PM

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Leonard Williams - DL - Trojans
NFL Films' Greg Cosell said USC DL Leonard Williams is not great in space and gets moved by double teams.
"I'm not blown away by Leonard Williams," Cosell said. He added that Williams isn't an explosive player. Instead, according to Cosell, Williams plays high and isn't a natural pass rusher. "I think he's a flash player," Cosell said. "I don't see him as a purely explosive player the way you think of Gerald McCoy coming out of Oklahoma or Sheldon Richardson coming out of Missouri." The analyst added that Williams isn't a bad player, but is not a "Hall of Famer."
Source: The Midday 180 Feb 25 - 7:42 PM

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Cosell Drops a Zinger:

Randy Gregory - DL - Cornhuskers
Nebraska edge rusher Randy Gregory is a better prospect than 2014 No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney, according to NFL Films' Greg Cosell.
"He's a better athlete than Clowney. He's more flexible. He's more explosive in his movement," Cosell said. "Clearly, not as strong. Clowney could get inside and push back, but Clowney did not have the loose hips that this guy does. Gregory's a much more explosive mover, a much looser athlete." After what happened over the course of Clowney's injury-wrecked rookie campaign in Houston, it's easy to forget that some believed he was one of the most talented defenders to ever enter the league. Cosell, who calls Gregory a "definite" top-10 pick, clearly believes the Nebraska product is in the same league. We love Gregory's skills -- Josh Norris ranks him as the top disruptor in this class -- but his issues in keeping on weight are a bit alarming. The spindly 6-foot-5, 235-pounder dropped to 218 pounds just after the college season ended. Gregory said it's easy for him to gain and lose weight, but he must prove it at the next level by staying around 250.
Source: The Midday 180 Feb 25 - 7:02 PM

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Vic Beasley - DL - Tigers
Clemson edge rusher Vic Beasley "went through defensive back drills in preparation for the combine to help his footwork," according to NFL Media analyst Charles Davis.
"He went through defensive back drills in preparation for the combine to help his footwork, and it paid off. Beasley no longer takes a backseat to the likes of Randy Gregory, Dante Fowler and Shane Ray. A top-10 selection is not out of the question for him now," Davis wrote. Even with his added weight, the Clemson edge rusher ran a 4.53 forty without looking sluggish. Beasley recorded the top time out of all front-seven defenders, while excelling in on-field drills.
Source: NFL.com Feb 25 - 2:29 PM

Vic Beasley - DL - Tigers
Clemson EDGE Vic Beasley's trainer, Tony Villani of XPE Sports, revealed how much the prospect improved during pre-Combine preparation.
Per Bruce Feldman, Beasley improved his vertical eight inches (41), dropped his forty by .15 seconds (4.53) all while gaining 13 pounds. Clemson LB Stephone Anthony, who also worked with Villani, had a tremendous Combine that does not always stand out on tape. Some might think this is unfair or produces an unrealistic result, but all prospects now go through rigorous training so it is an even playing field.
Source: Fox Sports Feb 25 - 10:42 AM

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For anybody that may not be familiar with It, you can click on the source under any particular Blurb you find interesting and read the entire write up of whichever player Tickle's your Taint. It also updates as soon as more news rolls in.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/cfb/nfl-draft-player-news/?rw=1

Petty as 3rd QB. Don't know if it will turn out that way but calledit, LOL. NFL is still a pocket league and Petty spins it like a pro. More to the game but it makes him a viable prospect.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Petty as 3rd QB. Don't know if it will turn out that way but calledit, LOL. NFL is still a pocket league and Petty spins it like a pro. More to the game but it makes him a viable prospect.

Its going to take him some time because every thing else about his game is remedial because of the Offense he played in. RG3 can spin it like no other also. He will stuggle to nail down the nuances of a traditional NFL offense.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
An AFC defensive coordinator said Clemson edge rusher Vic Beasley and ILB Stephone Anthony "really put on a show" at the combine.
"Between the two Clemson linebackers (Vic Beasley and Stephone Anthony), they really put on a show. Beasley is going high," the defensive coordinator said. Beasley's combine showing was a bit ridiculous. He showed up weighing a jacked 246 pounds, and then posted an incredible 41-inch vertical leap and a 4.53 40-yard dash. "Teams were even more impressed with how fluid he was in space and with his ability to change directions with ease," wrote NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein. As far as Anthony goes, the analyst added: "Anthony generated pre-combine buzz at the Senior Bowl practices, and then followed that up with a strong combine highlighted by a 4.56 40-yard dash with a 4.03 20-yard shuttle showing off outstanding lateral movement and change-of-direction ability."
Source: NFL.com Feb 25 - 10:08 PM

1st and 2nd Round picks....lets do it.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cosell Drops a Zinger:

Randy Gregory - DL - Cornhuskers
Nebraska edge rusher Randy Gregory is a better prospect than 2014 No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney, according to NFL Films' Greg Cosell.
"He's a better athlete than Clowney. He's more flexible. He's more explosive in his movement," Cosell said. "Clearly, not as strong. Clowney could get inside and push back, but Clowney did not have the loose hips that this guy does. Gregory's a much more explosive mover, a much looser athlete." After what happened over the course of Clowney's injury-wrecked rookie campaign in Houston, it's easy to forget that some believed he was one of the most talented defenders to ever enter the league. Cosell, who calls Gregory a "definite" top-10 pick, clearly believes the Nebraska product is in the same league. We love Gregory's skills -- Josh Norris ranks him as the top disruptor in this class -- but his issues in keeping on weight are a bit alarming. The spindly 6-foot-5, 235-pounder dropped to 218 pounds just after the college season ended. Gregory said it's easy for him to gain and lose weight, but he must prove it at the next level by staying around 250.
Source: The Midday 180 Feb 25 - 7:02 PM

That bothers me a ton.

Not as bad as seeing him in person get pushed around in Madison....so yeah I'm not as high on Gregory as some.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Leonard Williams - DL - Trojans
NFL Films' Greg Cosell said USC DL Leonard Williams is not great in space and gets moved by double teams.
"I'm not blown away by Leonard Williams," Cosell said. He added that Williams isn't an explosive player. Instead, according to Cosell, Williams plays high and isn't a natural pass rusher. "I think he's a flash player," Cosell said. "I don't see him as a purely explosive player the way you think of Gerald McCoy coming out of Oklahoma or Sheldon Richardson coming out of Missouri." The analyst added that Williams isn't a bad player, but is not a "Hall of Famer."
Source: The Midday 180 Feb 25 - 7:42 PM

Everything he said about Williams can be corrected by coaching. Williams is a freak and is a run to the podium pick if he falls past 3 or 4.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The combine gives teams a chance to get to know and see a kid up close and personal but I really don't like when a kid has crazy differences or improvements from what he did during the playing season. Why is Beasley so improved in his jumps, time, and such. Would make me question how much he prepared to play compared to how much he prepared to make money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its going to take him some time because every thing else about his game is remedial because of the Offense he played in. RG3 can spin it like no other also. He will stuggle to nail down the nuances of a traditional NFL offense.

RG3 was never as good from under center. In fact it may have been his biggest issue but ya, he could sure throw though I don't think him as accurate. Certainly a better prospect overall. Yes, it will take him a bit but welcome to rookie QBs. At least he wont be running to bail. He'll either get killed, throw picks or learn to drop and let it go. Petty's development will be entirely about how good his head is. There's certainly some question marks. He didn't dump it enough.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
The combine gives teams a chance to get to know and see a kid up close and personal but I really don't like when a kid has crazy differences or improvements from what he did during the playing season. Why is Beasley so improved in his jumps, time, and such. Would make me question how much he prepared to play compared to how much he prepared to make money

Beasly's numbers are on the field were ridiculous the past two years....he put on 25lbs before the combine and still lit it up.

There is nothing but positive about him right now. Nothing.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ya I get that, but why the huge difference, it's just another talking point for teams. I'm good with Beasley if he ends up being one of the Bears picks, but would need to investigate much further into it.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Beasly's numbers are on the field were ridiculous the past two years....he put on 25lbs before the combine and still lit it up.

There is nothing but positive about him right now. Nothing.
This is false. Almost Two years ago at Clemons junior day, they do official weigh ins. Beasly was 225 then. Came into his senior year around 233. After his senior year he put on 13 Lbs between then and the combine.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Per Perry Bruce Feldman (his trainer), Beasley improved his vertical eight inches (41), dropped his forty by .15 seconds (4.53) all while gaining 13 pounds.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
This is false. Almost Two years ago at Clemons junior day, they do official weigh ins. Beasly was 225 then. Came into his senior year around 233. After his senior year he put on 13 Lbs between then and the combine.

Well great, at that rate he will be playing NT in a few years. ;)