FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall isn't worth a first.

Madden

Liked Posts:
I'm all for keeping Marshall but if the Colts offered a 1st rounder I would consider it. Maybe two 2nd rounders. Or T.Y. Hilton and a 2nd and 4th.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
he is our best WR period,he is under contract if they want him we get there first but I think its more speculation that anything

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand. But Jeffery isn't as physical, not even close. Brandon's a awesome physical player.

Just hope the Bears know what they are doing.

Me too man. Time will tell.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I'm all for keeping Marshall but if the Colts offered a 1st rounder I would consider it. Maybe two 2nd rounders. Or T.Y. Hilton and a 2nd and 4th.
Ty and a third done deal imo

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Miami gave up 2 second rounders for him when he was 26 years old.
Bears gave up 2 thrid rounders for him when he was 28 years old.

What's the trend tell you for a reciever that will be 31 years old and is coming off of an injury filled season?

IMO if the Bears are trading Marshall they are largely doing so to dump his contract (mainly to pay Jeffery). If that's the case then you shouldn't expect much back in return.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
BTW Despbro -

I don't think it's very classy posting a troll thread like this.

You know good and we'll Chuck Pagano just beat cancer. Why would you suggest trading a dressing room cancer to the Colts?

Is this some kind of sick joke to you?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Lmao. The Colts will not give up TY and a pick. Stop the madness.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
In fact, the Colts would be idiots to give us TY in a straight up trade. On top of that, its counter productive if you're trying to bolster your WR corps. He's way to Valuable in that offense.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

What's the trend tell you for a reciever that will be 31 years old and is coming off of an injury filled season?

IMO if the Bears are trading Marshall they are largely doing so to dump his contract (mainly to pay Jeffery). If that's the case then you shouldn't expect much back in return.
The Bears have oodles of cap space and no one other than Jeffery up for and worthy of extension, so that really shouldn't factor in.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't think its fair to compare the Dolphins deal because the Dolphins literally gave him away at that.

I believe a 3rd is possible if the Rams also are sniffing around Marshall. Anything less than a 3rd and the Bears should just keep him.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know. Trust me I will miss Marshall if this happens, but Alshon and Marshall have identical skill sets. At least with Cobb we can stretch the field. He could be a true number two and let Alshon take in the role of number one.

No they don't. BM is a one of the best rout runners in the league. If we trade Marshall I'm all aboard the dump, cut, trade, whatever Cutler train. 2015 will be a mess.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
I am not trading him for anything less than a first. It took two thirds to get him,he is a top 5 WR IMO

Calvin Johnson
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
AJ Green
D Thomas

There's no way BM is a top 5 WR, I don't know about top 10 either. Top 15? Perhaps. He is just to slow to be in the upper echelon of WRs.