Colts eyeing to trade for 4 receivers, Marshall #1

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This BS died out quickly.

Just when Bleacher Report gains a little credibility.

Liked Posts:
If we can get a 1, or a 2 and a 3, or even a 2 and a 4 for Marshall, in addition to opening up cap space to pursue defensive talent on the open market, how do you not pull the trigger?

Liked Posts:
I'd ride Marshall and Forte into the ground. We're not going to get much in return. Both are still playing at pretty elite levels. Now, if Indy wants to make a good offer, 2nd and 5th or a young WR and a pick, maybe...but I don't see them overpaying. I like Moncrief a lot. They won't trade us Hilton. Moncrief + 2nd I'd do. (Overpaying) That's essentially a 3rd and a 2nd. We'd have to seriously consider a WR in the early rounds if White/Cooper fell to #7. If they feel like BM could be the piece to put them over the top, maybe they make that offer. I think BM and Forte have more value playing for us.

I disagree with the point of us not getting much in return, for Marshall specifically. Indy is in a way WAY different place than we are. They have TY. They could see themselves as being a legit possession WR (Marshall) and a RB away from being impossible to defend... And they might be right. *IF* the price is right for Marshall, with AJ in tow, and a great WR class, I think the move makes sense. Whether or not this comes to fruition or there is a lot of credibility to the rumor, who knows?

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we can get a 1, or a 2 and a 3, or even a 2 and a 4 for Marshall, in addition to opening up cap space to pursue defensive talent on the open market, how do you not pull the trigger?

I just don't see it happening. But if indeed the Bears could talk Marshall for some picks or just a 1st rounder then I think you pull the trigger. I don't think its going to happen but Irsay did give a #1 for Trent Richardson. Then again, I think Irsay is off the pills & stuff so it may be harder now.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You might want to check those breasts for a tsunami of kool-aid.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unless you actually watched last season where he looked slow, lethargic and beat up and could get open down the field about never.....

You smap get rid of him for a first obv.

Um......he was hurt and played with injuries. He didn't quit like I could point at other Bears last season. If they trade Marshall, that's fine, assuming that they get something valuable back. If they renegotiate a deal with he and some others, then fine also. But your assessment of his prowess as a receiver is just silly. Silly and WRONG.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just don't see it happening. But if indeed the Bears could talk Marshall for some picks or just a 1st rounder then I think you pull the trigger. I don't think its going to happen but Irsay did give a #1 for Trent Richardson. Then again, I think Irsay is off the pills & stuff so it may be harder now.

Lets say that you trade Marshall? He is not just some average player. He's had excellent PRODUCTION for the Bears. What do you replace that with. Personally, I think that this production is underestimated by some Bear's fans. So who replaces that production? I think Jeffries fell off some as a receiver last year. And Wilson, clearly hasn't established himself as an NFL receiver in my book. So,,,,,,,where do the 80-90 catches that Marshall typically receives come from if he is gone. Do they now have to draft a receiver with their #1 pick and who is he?

Liked Posts:
If you trade away Marshall, you pretty much pigeon-hole yourself at #7 into either taking Cooper or White, IMO. And if that is the case, why trade Marshall? Unless your primary plan is to get younger and oust any "problem" players from the building.

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying Alshon isn't a #1 but when posting his numbers remember.
He played against the teams #2 CBs and the double teams mostly went toward Marshall.
His numbers would more than likely drop if he was covered by #1's and doubled. Probably putting him sub 1000yds.

Add in that most people here want to dump Cutler for a less productive FA or unproven rookie and any form of prediction is out the door and 3 sheets to the wind.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets say that you trade Marshall? He is not just some average player. He's had excellent PRODUCTION for the Bears. What do you replace that with. Personally, I think that this production is underestimated by some Bear's fans. So who replaces that production? I think Jeffries fell off some as a receiver last year. And Wilson, clearly hasn't established himself as an NFL receiver in my book. So,,,,,,,where do the 80-90 catches that Marshall typically receives come from if he is gone. Do they now have to draft a receiver with their #1 pick and who is he?

I think the argument would be that Marshall, if only because of his age, may not even be in the picture 2-3 years down the road. The Bears won't contend until then. The Colts are definitely a win now team. I would agree that Marshall's production won't be replaced this year. And if you of the belief that Marshall will continue to produce at his previous levels for at least the next two+ years then you keep him. With an extra first it gives the Bears more options. I also don't thnk anyone will give the Bears a #1 so it doesn't matter anyway.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Um......he was hurt and played with injuries. He didn't quit like I could point at other Bears last season. If they trade Marshall, that's fine, assuming that they get something valuable back. If they renegotiate a deal with he and some others, then fine also. But your assessment of his prowess as a receiver is just silly. Silly and WRONG.

Yeah...that 3 TD game vs the 9ers on the road playing on 1 leg showed how slow and bad he is.....just wow