Brent Sopel Announces his Retirement

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good luck Brent!

Anaheim+Ducks+v+Chicago+Blackhawks+AtOymiW6p-sl.jpg

http://chicago.suntimes.com/blackhawks-hockey/7/71/400991/brent-sopel-announces-retirement

TCD

Liked Posts:
Greatest hawks blueliner ever. No piece of shit should ever be wearing that #5 esp the sack of shit doing it right now. Steve Smith and Sopel should have the honor of kicking anyones ass who dares trying to wear it.

Brent (the human bruise) Sopel will live in my heart forever!! Fuck all you dinks who hated him when he was here and got all ass hurt over his contract. Assholes.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I had no idea that there were such enthusiastic fans of Sopel in the world.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I had no idea that there were such enthusiastic fans of Sopel in the world.

Anyone who blocks 5 shots on one shift is the greatest of all time. Hammer is also one of my favs for that exact reason. Last years playoffs when he took one in the ankle that knocked him down..got right back up then took one in the face. Best hockey moment ever!

Sopel taught hammer how to do that.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How can you NOT love the guy. Played his heart out every night, great on on the PK and shot blocking and part of the 2010 Hawks, ending their 49-year drought. God bless Brent Sopel.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=755469&navid=nhl:topheads

Defenseman Brent Sopel, who spent 12 seasons playing in the NHL and won the Stanley Cup in 2010 with the Chicago Blackhawks, announced his retirement Friday, according to ESPN.com.

"I have been so lucky to play the sport I love for the last 18 years," Sopel said in a statement. "I fulfilled a lifelong dream of winning a Stanley Cup championship with the 2010 Chicago Blackhawks."

"Today's decision is not made lightly. This is the right time for my next chapter. I look forward to staying involved with hockey while maintaining family roots in Chicago. I am excited to spend more time with my children in the city we call home."

Sopel spent three seasons in Chicago, the last of which was 2009-10, when the Blackhawks ended a 49-year championship drought by defeating the Philadelphia Flyers in six games for the Stanley Cup. Sopel had one goal, six assists and a plus-7 rating in 22 games during the 2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

"While each professional season holds a special place in my heart, the years I spent with the Chicago Blackhawks are my fondest memories," Sopel said. "The Chicago Blackhawks are a top-class organization with a foundation for success on and off the ice."

Last edited:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saw his last goal at Allstate on Sunday vs San Antonio.

Sopes is the man.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Enjoy your retirement Soapy.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
Guess it is time to finally allow those body-wide bruises to heal.

That or he mind melded with Nimoy and will be playing Spock in the next reboot - E99

Reactions: TCD