Kimmo Timonen To The Blackhawks

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
Hawks pay a steep price for a guy who is 39 & hasn't played all season..

Stan Bowman is a joke.

hardly gave anything up for someone with Kimmo's talent, and is ready to play.

Typical meathead, bitch that we need defense and then bitch that we gave up a second rounder for a defensemen.

TCD

Liked Posts:
takes one to know one. .. maybe capt. Joe will go to lunch with you and you guys can bitch about the trade and weather together.

Maybe i will suck his cock and make you jealous bitch!

TCD

Liked Posts:
hardly gave anything up for someone with Kimmo's talent, and is ready to play.

Typical meathead, bitch that we need defense and then bitch that we gave up a second rounder for a defensemen.

You guys will see how shit he is now then you can all rub my balls. I wasnt bitching about defense i actually said a million times that i had confidence in the blueline once the playoffs started. Before oduya went down that is. Talk to glass half empty pez about freaking out about defense.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
He's going to fill the role that Sopel did 5 years ago.

He's a defensive defenseman that isn't scared of blocking a million shots per game. Also decently physical.

He's old, but he's not coming here to be a star.

Are we watching the same Timonen here? I wouldn't say he is here to fill the Sopel role, he isn't overly physical, wouldn't consider him a defensive dman (more offensive if anything), and he is good at blocking shots but nothing ridiculous.

If Timonen can come in and play, this could be a good deal. Timonen has a pretty light contract so there is still plenty of room to add. Big question here is what are the Blackhawks doing with their blueline now? TVR is in the AHL and Rundblad, Erixon, and Cumiskey all would have to pass through waivers. Wonder if the Blackhawks simply risk losing one of those players.

Deal could go any way here, seems like a bit of a high risk/high reward...but I don't know if I would agree with your assessment of the style of hockey that Timonen plays. He has a nice overall game but I would consider him more of a offensive Dman and he will likely get a look on the PP right off the bat.

Reactions: 1ke

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This would've been a nice deal 10 yrs ago.

Sorry, I don't see how this is an upgrade.

They already have one fucking dinosaur that wears #32.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
You guys will see how shit he is now then you can all rub my balls. I wasnt bitching about defense i actually said a million times that i had confidence in the blueline once the playoffs started. Before oduya went down that is. Talk to glass half empty pez about freaking out about defense.

Didn't think it was you I quoted. Shouldn't you be in the bath with a toaster?

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we watching the same Timonen here? I wouldn't say he is here to fill the Sopel role, he isn't overly physical, wouldn't consider him a defensive dman (more offensive if anything), and he is good at blocking shots but nothing ridiculous.

If Timonen can come in and play, this could be a good deal. Timonen has a pretty light contract so there is still plenty of room to add. Big question here is what are the Blackhawks doing with their blueline now? TVR is in the AHL and Rundblad, Erixon, and Cumiskey all would have to pass through waivers. Wonder if the Blackhawks simply risk losing one of those players.

Deal could go any way here, seems like a bit of a high risk/high reward...but I don't know if I would agree with your assessment of the style of hockey that Timonen plays. He has a nice overall game but I would consider him more of a offensive Dman and he will likely get a look on the PP right off the bat.

He was more offensive when he was younger and could still get back. Last few years he's changed to more of a defensive dman.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
This would've been a nice deal 10 yrs ago.

Sorry, I don't see how this is an upgrade.

They already have one fucking dinosaur that wears #32.

Says the guy who likely has never seen Timonen play. Age aside, he's a major upgrade over anybody on the team not named Seabrook, Keith and Oduya.

Nobody is expecting him to step into the top four, but depth is depth.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
Says the guy who likely has never seen Timonen play. Age aside, he's a major upgrade over anybody on the team not named Seabrook, Keith and Oduya.

Nobody is expecting him to step into the top four, but depth is depth.

And that is the thing. Even with his age he has still been a decent defenseman and leader.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
And that is the thing. Even with his age he has still been a decent defenseman and leader.

exactly. But you've got a couple retards who think that a second round pick is going to get you a top 2 defensemen, or a top line scorer.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Saw a few people on Twitter say that, in spite of his age, Timonen is still a pretty fast, smooth skater. And the Hawks haven't had that since Leddy left town.

Wanna see him play before I say much else. At least we know he'll be well-rested.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Looking at the possession metrics from last year in Philadelphia, he may have been the top puck-possession D-man on Philly's team last year.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
exactly. But you've got a couple retards who think that a second round pick is going to get you a top 2 defensemen, or a top line scorer.

The other thing is that unless a big piece moves, whomever they pickup is going to be a rental.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I've always like Kimmo as a player, I just question how effective he'll be at this age after such a long layoff. Basically the price was a little steep for my liking, but otherwise he'll be about as solid a rental 2nd/3rd pair D-man you're likely to get as long as he can shake the rust off quickly.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I've always like Kimmo as a player, I just question how effective he'll be at this age after such a long layoff. Basically the price was a little steep for my liking, but otherwise he'll be about as solid a rental 2nd/3rd pair D-man you're likely to get as long as he can shake the rust off quickly.

In all reality, he's got about 6 weeks to shake off the rust before the real season begins.