Rumors: Brooks Laich + Troy Brouwer to the Blackhawks

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
what are you, new? We have a trades thread!

TCD

Liked Posts:
I heard its 2 firsts. 2015 and 2017( which will be first overall by that time)

TCD

Liked Posts:
Caps hawks deal is really starting to pick up some heat as they are even talking about it on tv now and not just gay twitter. But the rumor is Green is in the deal. Allows the Hawks to shed that Sharp cap hit next year to sign saad and get a rental offensive blueliner. This is just a rumor i hear of course so dont shoot me.

Plus it gives wife humper new blood in the caps dressing room. A little more soviet poontang than he is getting in chicago.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Is this a legit trade or just speculation? Would like to clarify that in the title.

Its not a legit trade but as you have probably read or heard there are heavy rumors that the two teams have been talking today

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Its not a legit trade but as you have probably read or heard there are heavy rumors that the two teams have been talking today

Got it. Thanks. Been out of the loop this week so I hadn't had a chance to catch up on the latest talk. Although it seems like every trade the Hawks make comes out of nowhere.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ward is another name being tossed around as potential return.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
We don't need another black player, we already have our quote filled with Oduya. Thank's for chiming in, though.

Blackhawks need TWO black players to win the cup. Not just one.

2013 - Emery & Oduya
2010 - Byfuglien & Burish (honorary brother)

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks need TWO black players to win the cup. Not just one.

2013 - Emery & Oduya & Mayers THREE
2010 - Byfuglien & Burish (honorary brother)

Jamal Mayers was also part of the 2013 squad and his name is on the Cup.

So, apparently, we need four to win another Cup.

So Oduya, Ward, Chris Stewart and one more will guarantee a cup. Maybe we can get Jamal Mayers to suit up again.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
People on this thread seem almost happy to get rid of Sharp. Very, very bizarre. Guy is a hockey stud and we wouldn't have won either cup without him. I don't know what you folks are thinking.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
People on this thread seem almost happy to get rid of Sharp. Very, very bizarre. Guy is a hockey stud and we wouldn't have won either cup without him. I don't know what you folks are thinking.

Look at Sharp's numbers this year. That's all the ammo people seem to need. One bad year and everyone assumes a player will never recover. For more information, look at a Brandon Marshall thread in the Bears forum.

If Sharp brings you something really, really good in return I'd do it. But I don't think you're going to find it, personally.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks will need to purge some salary to re-sign other players to stay under next years cap. Considering his age, Sharp's is the contract that needs to go, as seen from my GM chair. Very hard to do this move as I see it as breaking up the nucleus but what other choice is there?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Hawks will need to purge some salary to re-sign other players to stay under next years cap. Considering his age, Sharp's is the contract that needs to go, as seen from my GM chair. Very hard to do this move as I see it as breaking up the nucleus but what other choice is there?

There is no other choice But I don't think it's something that must be done now. It can wait til the summer. I'm sure this team knows that changes are coming in the offseason.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want my Buff back!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreed, wouldn't they do better trading him in the off season as opposed to being up against the trade deadline?