Rumors: Brooks Laich + Troy Brouwer to the Blackhawks

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Agreed, wouldn't they do better trading him in the off season as opposed to being up against the trade deadline?

That's a good question to which I don't know the answer. Not sure if draft day deals net better returns than trade deadline deals.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any trade partner now will be looking for a boost to make a playoff run and probably wouldn't be willing to give up too much that would weaken there playoff chances.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sharp had a great regular season last year leading the team in scoring (34/44 for 78 points) but was very so-so in the playoffs (8th in scoring 5/5 for 10 points) and has continued his so-so play this season (some would say his play has worsened). Of his 10 goals this season 7 are PP, one is 4 on 4 and only 2 are 5 on 5. Most of his PP goals occurred before his injury.

Because Kane and Toews new K's kick in with higher numbers and we have to sign the RFA Saad soon (before 7/1/15 hopefully), Sharp appears to be the odd man out. The dilemma the Hawks face is whether they should trade him now and get someone who might play better in the playoffs, or keep him and hope he picks his game and has a good playoffs, then trade him in the summer. Can we get a better return now (a good playoff rental) or later (draft picks, prospects, etc.)? What if we trade him now and he has a killer playoffs for another team????

Last edited:

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
People on this thread seem almost happy to get rid of Sharp. Very, very bizarre. Guy is a hockey stud and we wouldn't have won either cup without him. I don't know what you folks are thinking.

I've never been a fan of Sharp. That said, he's a good two way player and has a snipe of a shot. Unfortunately, his contract is too much for the Hawks to carry into next season which is why he's pretty much gone. I'd like to see him get traded for a prospect or two but I do agree that if we lose him that's an awful lot of offense this team would have lost in such a short amount of time. Plus team chemistry, which makes me wonder if rumors are true with him having some issues in the locker room. It's not like Bowman needs to trade him right now, but for him to do so doesn't help put out the rumors.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any trade partner now will be looking for a boost to make a playoff run and probably wouldn't be willing to give up too much that would weaken there playoff chances.

Depends on their cap numbers. If they want him, they may have to make a decent player with a K similar, or close to, Sharp's, part of the deal.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plus team chemistry, which makes me wonder if rumors are true with him having some issues in the locker room. It's not like Bowman needs to trade him right now, but for him to do so doesn't help put out the rumors.

If true, it might be good to blow-up the team now, especially if we can get Vermette, or some of the Caps that have been mentioned in this thread. If not, I'll leave it to Stan to decide now, or later, on Sharp. I could see the Hawks and Caps doing a block-buster trade involving 4 or 5 players, to shake both teams up, but it'll probably just be a couple of players, if it happens at all. A lot of it depends on what the Yotes want for Vermette, and what other teams, the Bruins for example, are willing to give up to get Vermette. Then there are forwards like Glencross and Stewart available, if no deal is made with the Caps and Yotes.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
If the Hawks do in fact trade Sharp at the deadline, it would be a very telling action to make especially with all these rumors going around that Sharp is in the middle of.

Unless the chemistry issue is already bad WITH Sharp on the team, I couldn't understand why the Hawks would make this move especially since we need goal scoring still, not 3rd liners.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Late to the party, but not happening now. I think Stanbo is done unless another team makes an offer he can't refuse. Also I proudly wore the wife humper's sweater out and about yesterday. Always amazes me how many Blackhawk fans are down in South Texas, but I guess it's a popular winter retreat for Canadians. Also amazes me how many dumb ass Texans think it's some kind of throwback Redskin jersey.