Chris Sale out at least 3 weeks.

Svic

Liked Posts:
I don't think you understand what Bear Pride's point really was. We get that it isn't that harsh of an injury. I'm not certain you are understanding how that can change one's delivery mechanics unknowingly.

Thats why you don't hurry the recovery. Let him miss 2 or 3 starts and that should give him almost 6-7 weeks after the 3 weeks recovery to get his arm and legs ready. Good thing its only 3 weeks so hopefully that shouldn't affect his delivery as much as we think and after injury like this. Once you heal you feel no discomfort or pain.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Thats why you don't hurry the recovery. Let him miss 2 or 3 starts and that should give him almost 6-7 weeks after the 3 weeks recovery to get his arm and legs ready. Good thing its only 3 weeks so hopefully that shouldn't affect his delivery as much as we think and after injury like this. Once you heal you feel no discomfort or pain.
That's right. Provided they take their time, it shouldn't be an issue.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't think you understand what Bear Pride's point really was. We get that it isn't that harsh of an injury. I'm not certain you are understanding how that can change one's delivery mechanics unknowingly.

I don;t think you and Bear Pride know how little in reality this type of injury will do that.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

I think that's exactly what is going to happen. Sale will miss the first two weeks of games in ST and then start his throwing program with him being ready to go by Mid April at the latest.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
When your ace misses the start of the season, that's not so bad. The lesser known pitchers will get more chances to take advantage of limited scouting, succeed for a bit before they are pegged. By then, your ace is back and you start the depth game over, while allowing the projects a chance to grow and adjust.

The bigger that guy who is not on anyone's radar steps up, the better the Sox are for it. So right now, you can only hope guys like Rodon can steal as many wins as possible early on in the season.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Let me know how many pitchers you've worked with.

Let me know how many have had this injury to not have the same mechanics prior.

EDIT: And then let me know how many have had this injury that did have the same mechanics prior.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Solid deflection on your part, Brett.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Solid deflection on your part, Brett.

It's not a deflection, it's getting away from the side track you are leading this on. The fact is that this injury is really minor and in all likelihood will have no affect outside of setting back his training regimen a touch.

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

If you want to say it's a mountain than you know what statistics you need to bring to the table.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Still deflecting. No one here has stated it's a mountain. You're saying it's a non-issue. That is false. If it was a non-issue, he would be training as it heals and not miss a start at the beginning of the season. Afterall, the recovery is only 3 weeks.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Another top Chicago athlete hurt, this is getting ridiculous. I doubt he fractured something getting out of his truck. This guy is a world class athlete and he injures himself getting out of his truck? Anything can happen, I just don't buy it. Regardless of what happened, hopefully he has a speedy and effective rehab. The White Sox obviously can not afford for him to have a lingering foot issue throughout the season.

really, you doubt his story? lmao smfh!!!!!!! It does not matter if you're a world class athlete, in great shape or an out of shape beer drinker fast foot eating pile of lard. It was a freak accident that can happen to anyone regardless of what shape they are in. Maybe he does not drink milk. lol

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Still deflecting. No one here has stated it's a mountain. You're saying it's a non-issue. That is false. If it was a non-issue, he would be training as it heals and not miss a start at the beginning of the season. Afterall, the recovery is only 3 weeks.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on deflection and non-issue.

But if you bring up real stats which conflict every report that this is nothing to be concerned at all about, we can revisit.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
No worries, Brett. We can discontinue the conversation at this time.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kerry Wood got hurt getting out of a hot tub. Better hope the same bad juju isnt on Sale.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Kerry Wood got hurt getting out of a hot tub. Better hope the same bad juju isnt on Sale.

I have a great KW story. He cut himself on a pop can on his thumb I want to say. Used super glue to close the wound.

Well, the day of having the guys to my own place to have poker night I was making a salad with one of those veggie cutters where you slide the food down the cutter to make like slices or french cuts, etc. Well the cucumber was a little too long so I used it without the guard. Next thing I know I cut the tip of my thumb off and begin bleeding. I tried to cauterize it by heating up a butter knife but I was too scared. I remembered KW and tried a two part epoxy. Didn't work.

So I went to the ER. The ER nurse asked what I had done and looked at me as if I was the dumbest person on earth.

Thanks Kerry Wood! :)

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
LOL at the drama queens in this thread. And why is SilenceS, a Cubs mod, disliking me in the Sox forum? :dunno: No one is wishing bad on Sale, and no one is saying he's done for the season. I expressed some concern that small things like this can sometimes cause other things if you're not careful.

Some of you have no idea that anything, even these small things, can change the way you do things w/o you even knowing it. All you have to do is put a little more pressure somewhere else cuz your thinking about the foot.

Anyone that doesn't think this can happen most likely isn't an athlete and really doesn't understand that. Of course it doesn't mean it will happen, and of course hopefully not. But, since this is like the 3rd season in a row, I think, that he's had a small injury, maybe some concern is in order?

And as far as him being injury prone, well, when's the last time you fractured your foot getting out of your truck? Just saying. :dunno: Having said all that, I wish him the best, however.

#gocubs

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
LOL at the drama queens in this thread. And why is SilenceS, a Cubs mod, disliking me in the Sox forum? :dunno: No one is wishing bad on Sale, and no one is saying he's done for the season. I expressed some concern that small things like this can sometimes cause other things if you're not careful.

Some of you have no idea that anything, even these small things, can change the way you do things w/o you even knowing it. All you have to do is put a little more pressure somewhere else cuz your thinking about the foot.

Anyone that doesn't think this can happen most likely isn't an athlete and really doesn't understand that. Of course it doesn't mean it will happen, and of course hopefully not. But, since this is like the 3rd season in a row, I think, that he's had a small injury, maybe some concern is in order?

And as far as him being injury prone, well, when's the last time you fractured your foot getting out of your truck? Just saying. :dunno: Having said all that, I wish him the best, however.

#gocubs
:speechless:

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Yeah, that was kind of my main point. All I saw was articles about him starting the opener or not. I think the Sox would be foolish to even worry about that. Let him heal slowly and properly, and it should be a moot point. I'm not sure why people get defensive about that?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

#gocubs

It deserved a disliking. :dunno: