Chris Sale out at least 3 weeks.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Was he out drinking with Corey Crawford? :rimshot:

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Another top Chicago athlete hurt, this is getting ridiculous. I doubt he fractured something getting out of his truck. This guy is a world class athlete and he injures himself getting out of his truck? Anything can happen, I just don't buy it. Regardless of what happened, hopefully he has a speedy and effective rehab. The White Sox obviously can not afford for him to have a lingering foot issue throughout the season.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Another top Chicago athlete hurt, this is getting ridiculous. I doubt he fractured something getting out of his truck. This guy is a world class athlete and he injures himself getting out of his truck? Anything can happen, I just don't buy it. Regardless of what happened, hopefully he has a speedy and effective rehab. The White Sox obviously can not afford for him to have a lingering foot issue throughout the season.

Seems like he's injury prone. You hope that the foot doesn't change something in his mechanics that leads to an arm injury or something worse down the road.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:

It was the Brotherhood. These things always happens in 3s. [emoji48]

He'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Seems like he's injury prone. You hope that the foot doesn't change something in his mechanics that leads to an arm injury or something worse down the road.

Exactly what I am worried about.

I think his frail looking build is to blame for him seeming injury prone. Guys of his build in professional sports usually struggle to stay healthy. But I am taking this as a small set back, it's a long, long, long season. He needs to take all the time needed so this thing doesn't come back to bite them in the ass in the pennant race.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

I think his frail looking build is to blame for him seeming injury prone. Guys of his build in professional sports usually struggle to stay healthy. But I am taking this as a small set back, it's a long, long, long season. He needs to take all the time needed so this thing doesn't come back to bite them in the ass in the pennant race.

Well, unfortunately I can speak from experience a little bit....hopefully, they don't rush him back too fast to where the foot is a little uncomfortable, cuz that's usually where you start to see some changes in mechanics.

The media is already putting out stories about the thin backend of the rotation. It would be a good time for Rodon to surprise a little. It would solidify the backend moving forward as well when Sale does come back.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Where anyone comes up with injury prone either is clueless on its meaning or clueless about Sale.

It's a minor thing...full strength by the second week of the season.

Thankfully the Sox rotation is a strength and this minor setback is nothing for a team with three #1 pitchers

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Where anyone comes up with injury prone either is clueless on its meaning or clueless about Sale.

Thankfully the Sox rotation is a strength and this minor setback is nothing for a team with three #1 pitchers

Why do you feel the need to insult people? :dunno:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Shark and Quintana are 1's now?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights

He has a similar build to Randy Johnson. Plus, this latest injury was a freak occurrence.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

It could be, but, as much as it pains me to agree with Beer Pride, he is correct. You hope it doesn't change his delivery, because if it does, he could injure something else more serious.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
It could be, but, as much as it pains me to agree with Beer Pride, he is correct. You hope it doesn't change his delivery, because if it does, he could injure something else more serious.

You might find that if you agreed with me more often, you'd be a much smarter person. :dunno:

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You might find that if you agreed with me more often, you'd be a much smarter person. :dunno:
You might find that we've agreed more often than you think. You've gotten in a hurry and misread some posts. ;)

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

But that can be said at anytime. I've broken my foot similar to Sale. It's a non-factor really.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
But that can be said at anytime. I've broken my foot similar to Sale. It's a non-factor really.
We aren't talking about overcompensating on one leg for the other and walking down the street.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
We aren't talking about overcompensating on one leg for the other and walking down the street.

I know that.

The odds of a change are extremely unlikely and I say that from personal experience. It's a break in a bone of the foot. It's not like his foot was dislocated or worse.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I know that.

The odds of a change are extremely unlikely and I say that from personal experience. It's a break in a bone of the foot. It's not like his foot was dislocated or worse.
I don't think you understand what Bear Pride's point really was. We get that it isn't that harsh of an injury. I'm not certain you are understanding how that can change one's delivery mechanics unknowingly.