Antoine Vermette To The Blackhawks

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
I'll take 3 Cups in 6 years if it means a few years of rebuilding after.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks won at least 4 cups from 2010-2020.

I'm not sold quite yet on this season. Still have to shore up how our defense plays and our overall team scoring before we make it to the playoffs.

Sent from my Texas Instrument Calculator

TCD

Liked Posts:
This now means we have no 1st or 2nd round pick going into another mini-rebuild. Lovely.

Hawks arent in a rebuild and are far from hitting that time again anytime soon don't worry about those picks so much Trev. I am sure Stan can get a 2nd back before the draft anyways somehow. I think this is a move they HAD to do. Pretty handcuffed without Kane and needed some extra scoring punch and he is yet another guy that does play both ends of the ice well enough. I like that the team is showing that they are serious about making a push these playoffs even without Kane.

Hawks can afford going one year in the draft without a first rounder which is going to be middle of the pack anyways. Vermettes a strong player still and it's about time we had some center depth again. Toews can't be carrying the shit again it's getting old.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Late 1st rounders are still a shot at drafting and owning the rights to one of the best 30 players of that draft year. It's also why teams like the Red Wings are still relevant and in the hunt every year.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Vermette is also a very strong face off guy.

This is a very good trade. And who knows maybe the guy resigns next year for a bargain price to replace Richards who shouldn't come back in my opinion.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I think we gave up more than he's actually worth.

This now means we have no 1st or 2nd round pick going into another mini-rebuild. Lovely.
Shut your gob!

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Late 1st rounders are still a shot at drafting and owning the rights to one of the best 30 players of that draft year. It's also why teams like the Red Wings are still relevant and in the hunt every year.

The Red Wings draft better after the 1st round.

See Zetterberg, Abdelkader, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Tatar. .. etc...

None of which drafted in the 1st round.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Steep price yet again.

1st round pick for Vermette..really?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

This is a very good trade. And who knows maybe the guy resigns next year for a bargain price to replace Richards who shouldn't come back in my opinion.

For a puck possession team like the Blackhawks, faceoffs are so amazingly underrated. Not to mention on special teams where it can make all the difference in the world by getting to set up right away or having to chase the puck down and attempt to re-enter the zone. Vermette along with Toews and Kruger is pretty damn good when looking at the faceoff dot.

I have heard that Vermette is looking for $5mil+ next year...but who knows what will happen.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:

Tracey Myers ‏@TramyersCSN 4m4 minutes ago

Antoine Vermette's faceoff percentage this season: 56.0, eighth in the NHL just behind Mr. Toews (56.2). #Blackhawks

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The Red Wings draft better after the 1st round.

See Zetterberg, Abdelkader, Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Tatar. .. etc...

None of which drafted in the 1st round.

Didn't realize they traded away so many 1st rounders in the past few years. Wow, must have seen the 2nd rounders and assumed they were 1st due to how they were taken.

TCD

Liked Posts:

This is an over used cliche. The Redwings have not been serious cup contenders the last 5-6 years. They have been playoff contenders at best though and there is nothing to say that the Hawks still won't be for many years just because they gave up a 1st one year. When was the last time the mighty drafted Redwings have gone to the cup finals? 2008/09? They haven't been in a conference final since 2008/09 either.They get way to much credit for their drafting skills in my opinion. They are a team that has strong coaching and still running on some fumes from the 8 years ago.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
If it works and we win the cup then great, but if we miss out, we lose Vermette, Dahlbeck and a shot at a player in the 1st round of a very deep draft. Don't know if Vermette is that much of a difference maker at this point in his career to be selling parts of the future. Especially when our defensive play is what's killing us.

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
This is an over used cliche. The Redwings have not been serious cup contenders the last 5-6 years. They have been playoff contenders at best though and there is nothing to say that the Hawks still won't be for many years just because they gave up a 1st one year. When was the last time the mighty drafted Redwings have gone to the conference finals? 2008/09? They get way to much credit for their drafting skills in my opinion. They are a team that has strong coaching and still running on some fumes from the 8 years ago.

A team that continues to make the playoffs despite years of having said higher draft picks and aging players in my opinion is a good organization. We both know that all you need is a hot goaltender and anything can happen.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't realize they traded away so many 1st rounders in the past few years. Wow, must have seen the 2nd rounders and assumed they were 1st due to how they were taken.

Datsyuk was taken 169 overall. I'd love to see how many 1st round picks from the last 10 years are actually playing for the Wings or in the NHL.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Or in the off season when they have to trade Sharp/Bickell/Crawford...maybe they get a 1st back I'm this deep, deep draft

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
Datsyuk was taken 169 overall. I'd love to see how many 1st round picks from the last 10 years are actually playing for the Wings or in the NHL.

Since 2004, they've drafted Jakub Kindl, Brendan Smith, Thomas McCollum, Riley Sheahan, Anthony Mantha and Dylan Larkin.

Sheahan, Mantha and Larkin are too early to tell, but Kindl and Smith are in the NHL and McCollum is a goalie so nobody knows.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Since 2004, they've drafted Jakub Kindl, Brendan Smith, Thomas McCollum, Riley Sheahan, Anthony Mantha and Dylan Larkin.

Sheahan, Mantha and Larkin are too early to tell, but Kindl and Smith are in the NHL and McCollum is a goalie so nobody knows.

Wow. What a rich crop of talent in the 1st round.