Antoine Vermette To The Blackhawks

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm looking forward to Vermette being here, was stoked we made the trade for him to shore up the middle.

I think what we are all really worried about.... what does this mean for Bigfoot?

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good move. They finally make a move to get a proven #2 center..... All hail Stanbo.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think what we are all really worried about.... what does this mean for Bigfoot?

It means that while he will still be falling all over the ice, he now has a bonafide center to feed him the puck, instead of Shaw.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
It means that while he will still be falling all over the ice, he now has a bonafide center to feed him the puck, instead of Shaw.
It's not a question of who passes him the puck, it's a question of can he actually hold a pass. Bigfeet (sic) are not well known for their soft hands.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Toews falls on the ice more than anyone on the Hawks...

Play the Toews falls drinking game and you'll be ripped tonight

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never said said he could recieve said fed puck....

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like the move, but I'd be surprised if he was the silver bullet. The bulk of the core needs to square themselves away.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Good move. They finally make a move to get a proven #2 center..... All hail Stanbo.

Richards going to be able to play on the 3rd without being surrounded by talent?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Play...yes. Give effort...yes. Be effective...meh.

Will be interesting to see what they get out of him the rest of the season, knowing Q he'll leave shaw at center and move richards to wing.

Reactions: TCD

TCD

Liked Posts:
Richards should take the next 20 games off and screw some wives to rejuvinate. Think hes bad now wait till 20 more games get on his conditioning.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Richards going to be able to play on the 3rd without being surrounded by talent?

Versteeg-Richards-Bickell would give this team a fairly "talented" 3rd line.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It depends on what type of music he (Richards) listens too during the game. I'd recommend Anthrax or Megadeth. He's been listening to washed up Disney tweeners lately, I'm sure, and it is affecting his game. I think he should upgrade to different ear buds as well. Do Beats have ear buds?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Versteeg pairing with Richards is all that is needed, he can just do his normal in game rapping instead of needing to listen to any headphones

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Vermette isn't gone yet. Why the hate for the guy?

He's talking about Joe... I miss him for his glaring stupidity and dumbshit but it did get old a long time ago really. I suppose I more miss his posting days pre-refugee times but I don't think there was a single trade he wanted.

I remember him bitching out the Versteeg-Stalberg trade because the Hawks in these cap dump trades where they needed to fit under their cap weren't getting experienced but young quality skaters for the club... He had irrational off-season expectations but then the actual cup winning hitting of expectations weren't pleasing enough for him.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
He's talking about Joe... I miss him for his glaring stupidity and dumbshit but it did get old a long time ago really. I suppose I more miss his posting days pre-refugee times but I don't think there was a single trade he wanted.

I remember him bitching out the Versteeg-Stalberg trade because the Hawks in these cap dump trades where they needed to fit under their cap weren't getting experienced but young quality skaters for the club... He had irrational off-season expectations but then the actual cup winning hitting of expectations weren't pleasing enough for him.

You mean Stalgod right?