The Bulls Injury Report (Rose Update: He's back)

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Since we seem to be getting injured left and right, I figure i'll use this thread for injury updates.

-Rose is out until the beginning of April to mid April recovering from knee surgery.

-Gibson re-sprained his ankle Friday night and is slated day-to-day but will probably be out for a week or so

-Butler has an hyper-extended elbow suffered Sunday, he will probably miss at least a week.

-Gasol is still recovering from an undisclosed illness. His play Sunday demonstrated that.

By Friday, I completely expect to be down to a lineup of Nazr-Bairstow-McDermott-Moore-Hinrich

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But McDermott gets minutes so it's all good! :elephant:

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
even though its not funny i find humor in that a week ago everybody was saying "we are finally healthy" when Dun came back....a week later and we've been hit with 3 straight injures

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
even though its not funny i find humor in that everybody a week ago was saying "we're are finally healthy" when Dun came back

a week later and we've been hit with 3 straight injures
And it's all Thib's fault right? :elephant:

:derbulls:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
even though its not funny i find humor in that a week ago everybody was saying "we are finally healthy" when Dun came back....a week later and we've been hit with 3 straight injures
They're all just bad luck too.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
i don't see how Jimmy got hurt...from the replay it looked like he just bumped into DJ

i was a good way away from the TV at the time so maybe i missed something

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i don't see how Jimmy got hurt...from the replay it looked like he just bumped into DJ

He tried to fight through DJ's screen and the stronger DJ won and messed up his elbow.

The reply doesn't show much, but I believe it happened..That's also the arm/shoulder Butler messed up before the All-Star break.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

His arm got caught between Crawford and Jordan when going around a screen so he DEFINITELY got injured and he immediately grabbed his elbow in pain. I was at the game so you couldn't really tell much live when it happened, other than Jimmy was in a ton of pain. I thought it was the shoulder again at first.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
His arm got caught between Crawford and Jordan when going around a screen so he DEFINITELY got injured and he immediately grabbed his elbow in pain. I was at the game so you couldn't really tell much live when it happened, other than Jimmy was in a ton of pain. I thought it was the shoulder again at first.

well im not trying to say he didn't get hurt if thats what you think im getting at because he obviously did

but from the reply it looked like he just bumped into DJ and i wondered how he got hurt on that

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well im not trying to say he didn't hurt if thats what you're getting at

but i was puzzled on how it happened...the reply looked like he just bumped into DJ
Injuries happen weirdly sometimes.

I've sprained a thumb just from the basketball coming to my hand from a pass... I continued to play with it though as there was a little pain but it didnt seem that bad... then I was out for 2 weeks with a lot of pain whenever I made contact with anything.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
well im not trying to say he didn't get hurt if thats what you think im getting at because he obviously did

but from the reply it looked like he just bumped into DJ and i wondered how he got hurt on that
It was one of those weird things where he like got his arm bent in a weird way because it got stuck between the two players. Freak injury.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
there does seem to be a curse on this roster though. I think Theo when he came to the cubs traded the curse to the bulls for a prospect or two

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
there does seem to be a curse on this roster though. I think Theo when he came to the cubs traded the curse to the bulls for a prospect or two
For all we know the curse is still active and is just spreading to all the other teams now.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For all we know the curse is still active and is just spreading to all the other teams now.
The running theory going around is that the Bulls sold their souls to the devil during the Jordan years and now he's collecting his debt.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The running theory going around is that the Bulls sold their souls to the devil during the Jordan years and now he's collecting his debt.
What a troll. "Let's let them think they'll get to the Finals again and then destroy their team with injuries!"

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What a troll. "Let's let them think they'll get to the Finals again and then destroy their team with injuries!"
Isn't that what 2011 and 2012 were teasers of too? #1 seeds

I wouldn't exactly say 2011 was destroyed by injuries more so than the Bulls just didnt have scorers.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

satan...the OG troll....trolling since trolling been trolling

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

I'm with you on this one. A hyper extended elbow usually happens when your arm in not bent and bends the wrong way. When he was hit, his arm was bent and up against his body... kinda like how you hold it when you break your collarbone (not saying he broke his collarbone).

This worries me greatly. Personally, I think it's his shoulder again, and they're trying to keep it a secret for some reason. I'm all for hiding your injuries, but I sure hope his shoulder is not worse than we think. :dunno: My worst fear is a rotator cuff tear. I can tell you that you will feel that in your elbow.

chi_u_but66_cr_600x400.jpg

Edit to add:

Actually, studying a video gives you a much better look, which I hadn't seen before. You can actually see his arm is straight and the pick first gets him on the elbow. I feel more comfortable with the hyper extended elbow diagnosis after seeing this.

[video]http://www.nba.com/video/games/bulls/2015/03/01/0021400877-lac-chi-play8.nba/[/video]