Ben Smith DEALT to Sharks for...

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Burish was a 3rd/4th line energy guy, far cry from a stud. Hartman projects out as top 6 power forward IMO, much like Saad.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Day- jar- Dan will be a way better playoff guy imo. But of course Smith pots one first period first goal of the game. That's okay though, good for him he deserves it. Kruger knows he will most likely be next, maybe that will elevate his offensive game up until and through the playoffs.

If Bicks doesn't produce in the playoffs this year ( last two playoffs , only reason he is still here) I think shedding his contract would be a good play. I think Hartman can play that game and probably produce in the regular season too. I think Hartman could eventually be a stud, Burish type competitive loose pucks, board battles, and hits. Hard-nosed enough to stick up for the stars. Defense will be where he can earn a starter roll in the summer. Or I'm a homer and think our AHL guys are all studs.
Unless Bickell gets the Conn Smythe, I think he's gone. He may be great when he brings it, but he brings it so inconsistantly that he's just not worth the 4M for just the playoffs, and his contract can get Saad resigned--who just broke the 20-goal barrier.

Still wanting to see what Dejardins can do for us, though. I expect a little acclimation time but I'm hoping he'll do well.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like the Sharks slotted Smith on the 2/3 line, he got 17 minutes of ice time. Good for Ben.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Unless Bickell gets the Conn Smythe, I think he's gone. He may be great when he brings it, but he brings it so inconsistantly that he's just not worth the 4M for just the playoffs, and his contract can get Saad resigned--who just broke the 20-goal barrier.

Still wanting to see what Dejardins can do for us, though. I expect a little acclimation time but I'm hoping he'll do well.

I am hoping that getting a little more grit in a guy like Dejardians or however the fuck you spell his name, takes the pressure off him some to try to be that guy who makes every hit and allows him to just play. Unfortunately picking up a guy like that doesn't teach bickell how to skate though.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
Burish was a 3rd/4th line energy guy, far cry from a stud. Hartman projects out as top 6 power forward IMO, much like Saad.

Never said Burish was a stud , I said if you take his best attributes (scrappy , hitter, board battles) and anything Bicks normally does , save playoff burst. Then IMO you get Hartman. Meaning Bicks can leave to free up money. Hartman could easily replace that. What I think you confused was that I think Hartman has Burish's best attributes and attitude but will also be a stud because he has much more diverse game (based on limited NHL ice time) than Bicks and Burish.

No one was funnier than Burish though.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Day- jar- Dan will be a way better playoff guy imo. But of course Smith pots one first period first goal of the game. That's okay though, good for him he deserves it. Kruger knows he will most likely be next, maybe that will elevate his offensive game up until and through the playoffs.

If Bicks doesn't produce in the playoffs this year ( last two playoffs , only reason he is still here) I think shedding his contract would be a good play. I think Hartman can play that game and probably produce in the regular season too. I think Hartman could eventually be a stud, Burish type competitive loose pucks, board battles, and hits. Hard-nosed enough to stick up for the stars. Defense will be where he can earn a starter roll in the summer. Or I'm a homer and think our AHL guys are all studs.

What ever you say....

I agree Burish was not a stud.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
(B' ·eN) (Smi'· Th)??

Close, but you forgot the alveolar trill, you crazy fuck!

This video helped me some:

[video=youtube;ValhLE_-J3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ValhLE_-J3U[/video]

Good luck!

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That video is brutal. I recommend people not watch it or turn the volume up loud.

JErryAZuma

BallHawk/CardShark
Liked Posts:
What ever you say....

I agree Burish was not a stud.

Hey guy, I used a comma instead of a period. My bad. That clearly is not the main point or issue, so why don't we talk about that instead of nitpicking shit and being smuggish ruggish bone. I will clarify; I think Hartman has the best attributes of a solid role player(like Burish) but has more potential and I think if given the proper chance he will be a stud.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey guy, I used a comma instead of a period. My bad. That clearly is not the main point or issue, so why don't we talk about that instead of nitpicking shit and being smuggish ruggish bone. I will clarify; I think Hartman has the best attributes of a solid role player(like Burish) but has more potential and I think if given the proper chance he will be a stud.

He's not your "guy", friend.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Would be nice to keep Kruger, but the bottom line is Toews/Kane got paid and there are more important pieces to keep than Kruger...like Sharp, Seabrook and Saad. Would not surprise me at all if he is traded.

They could get rid of Kruger and they would still need to get rid of Sharp and Seabrook to make the numbers work. I don't think people realize how much salary Bowman is going to have to ship out next season. We are talking 12-15 million dollars worth of contracts.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
They could get rid of Kruger and they would still need to get rid of Sharp and Seabrook to make the numbers work. I don't think people realize how much salary Bowman is going to have to ship out next season. We are talking 12-15 million dollars worth of contracts.

No.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Unless you think they're gonna pay Saad 7 mil or something, it's not at all that disastrously deep.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Silly trade. Smith is seriously missed right now. The character player that Smith is would have never let Toews spazz out like he did in game 1.

Yet another Stan fail. Nice one Bowman.