Gregg Rosenthal believes the Bears could be a landing spot for Suh

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Exactly. Although I'd prefer any of the other OLBs to Beasley but that is another discussion.

I used him as an example as he is the flavor of the day. I agree, there are 2 or 3 other choices, imo. I'll be happy with Fangio's favorite.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Who is the other 5? Houston?

That or ego. Houston actually played that position with Oakland, and played it pretty well. Remember, he is a DE/T type of player. Ratlif will probably be the NT, but I see Fangio bringing in another NT to compete. It'll be interesting to see what he does with Sutton, imo. Could have a great DL tho.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
That or ego. Houston actually played that position with Oakland, and played it pretty well. Remember, he is a DE/T type of player. Ratlif will probably be the NT, but I see Fangio bringing in another NT to compete. It'll be interesting to see what he does with Sutton, imo. Could have a great DL tho.

Houston will man one of the ends and with Suh you would have the position taken care of. Ratliff has played nose and Ego could play in rotation. Sutton will likely get mmost his work in the sub package imo and as a back up end in the base package as he has proven last year and in college he can two gap if needed.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm fixing to go meatball here, but I pretty much don't want Suh. Crazy, I know. It would be dumb not to spend to the cap in FA even though we all agree this team needs to re-build through the draft. So if a marquee DT is there you jump. But something is nagging at me saying it won't work out. Commence flaming in 3, 2, 1 ...

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
We have 28 mil in cap space how are we going to spend 28 mil on suh he will command probably 15-18 mi. There is 10 -13 left and who know who will be cut or restructured too. We have plenty of space the question is will he be resigned before the 10th

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we are fortunate enough to get Suh, the first time he stomps on someone there would be a call from most fans to get rid of him because that is not "the Bears way".

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I'm fixing to go meatball here, but I pretty much don't want Suh. Crazy, I know. It would be dumb not to spend to the cap in FA even though we all agree this team needs to re-build through the draft. So if a marquee DT is there you jump. But something is nagging at me saying it won't work out. Commence flaming in 3, 2, 1 ...

I don't think you have any reason to be flamed.

His on-field red flags are as obvious as his talent. If there were any assurances that his on-field behavior would end, he could be the Reggie White of the Bears, completely turning around the defense. Then again, he can be suspended for a year+ for the next stupid thing he does.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
We have 28 mil in cap space how are we going to spend 28 mil on suh he will command probably 15-18 mi. There is 10 -13 left and who know who will be cut or restructured too. We have plenty of space the question is will he be resigned before the 10th

If I were the top free agent and I didn't get franchise tagged, I see no reason why I would sign a contract before seeing what was offered in free agency.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
If we are fortunate enough to get Suh, the first time he stomps on someone there would be a call from most fans to get rid of him because that is not "the Bears way".

True, but since he would probably be suspended for a very long time, we would have a real reason to be upset.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Suh shouldn't be a free agent.

The fact that the Lions botched this has left teams with a unique oppurtunity.

That being said I think he goes to Oakland. Tons of cap space and he is from Oregon so it is close to home.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Suh shouldn't be a free agent.

The fact that the Lions botched this has left teams with a unique oppurtunity.

That being said I think he goes to Oakland. Tons of cap space and he is from Oregon so it is close to home.

Since he is having his agent make the decision, he will go to the team that offers him the most.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It is rare for truly dominant players in their prime to become avaikable.

And we can stick it to the Lions.

So you wouldn't care that it would take almost all of our free agent money to sign him or are you saying you would backload the hell out of his contract?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Right, lets waste a bunch of money on a guy who'll be 30.5+ the next time we're competing for a title-genius.

GUYS, WE AREN'T GOING TO BE WINNING ANYTHING NEXT YR WITH OR WITHOUT SUH.
You ever thought about being a life coach? You ooze so much positivity that you should look into it? NOT.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Normally, I would agree but take a look at a team like the Bills. They have a great dline and it makes the rest of their defense look dominating.

The Bills are a bad comparison because they actually have really good LBers and DB's but you're right that a guy like Suh does make the backend much better.