Former coaches on Cutler

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I doubt CHI takes that gamble, but if they do, they better do it quickly because on a team that really needs a QB would sign Cutler for that much money, whether it be 1 year or a longer commitment. After the draft, that market will have been addressed...

It is a pretty big gamble.
Cutler probably wants a guaranteed starting spot, which trims down the possibilities. Then, what team will sign him long term?
In all honesty he is just as risky as any of the on the fence talents around the league, with the added baggage of age and injury.
Hell- Bradford and Maybe even Locker could wind up getting contracts before Cutler if all 3 are on the market.

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
0002.gif

GBlaze08

Member in Ommys mouth
Liked Posts:
He will just sign a 2 year $14,999,999.99 contract somewhere if cut.

Reactions: Myk

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
What school did Ryan Pace and Hometown Jimmy attend again? Wasn't there rumors Sean Payton who also attended the same school was very interested in drafting HTJ to be Brees' heir apparent making Ryan Pace very familiar. The stars are aligning everybody.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
so who's the alternative then...clausen? hoyer?

Is Cutler that much of an upgrade over guys like Hoyer/Sanchez/Vick/Mallett/McCoy?

Before you or others take that statement as me saying those guys are better than Cutler, I fully believe Cutler is more talented than the QB's I listed...what I'm asking is he really that much better? The drop off from Cutler to any of those QB's plus the savings the Bears would get from cutting Cutler may be worth it, especially with weapons like Marshall/Jeffery/Forte/Bennett. I would much rather see the Bears trade Cutler to get something in return, but if releasing Cutler and using those savings to upgrade a very weak defense is the route they go how could you not be supportive of this?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It is a pretty big gamble.
Cutler probably wants a guaranteed starting spot, which trims down the possibilities. Then, what team will sign him long term?
In all honesty he is just as risky as any of the on the fence talents around the league, with the added baggage of age and injury.
Hell- Bradford and Maybe even Locker could wind up getting contracts before Cutler if all 3 are on the market.
Not to mention CHI wouldn't be freed of the Cutler money until he signs with another team, which likely won't be right away (unless it's TEN), so CHI would probably miss out on FA and a chance to spend that money they hit from cutting Cutler.

Long story shorty, CHI is fucked for this upcoming year either way.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol why are people still mentioning Vick? Seriously...?

Because he is a FA and Cutler isn't that big of an upgrade over Vick...I'm not saying Vick is the QB Pace should go after if Cutler is released he was just an example of a QB that would lessen the drop off from Cutler.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Because he is a FA and Cutler isn't that big of an upgrade over Vick...I'm not saying Vick is the QB Pace should go after if Cutler is released he was just an example of a QB that would lessen the drop off from Cutler.

Vick is much worse than Cutler at this point in his career.

Electro's Milkshake

Liked Posts:
Make a trade with Cleveland for Manziel. Sign Vick as the back up. Trade away Forte and get AP from the Vikings. Clear out all our cap space to sign Suh. Keep Marshall.

16980101.jpg

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Vick is much worse than Cutler at this point in his career.

Again, Vick isn't a replacement I would hope for...but I don't think the drop off from Cutler to Vick is as big as some feel it is. Especially when you factor in players like Marshal/Jeffery/Forte/Bennett