CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/...rand=ref~{"ref":"http://t.co/8K4pcs1FkX"}&wjb

"Former coaches doubt Bears can win with Jay Cutler
MARCH 3, 2015 10:00:18 AM PST
By Michael C. Wright

At least 10 former Chicago Bears staffers from the Lovie Smith and Marc Trestman regimes said recently they believe the team can't consistently compete for championships as long as it fields a lineup with Jay Cutler under center.

That sentiment might explain why head coach John Fox and general manager Ryan Pace remain uncommitted to Cutler as the team's starting quarterback for 2015. Deciding whether to commit to Cutler has a time element. If Cutler is on the Bears' roster on March 12, $10 million of his 2016 salary is guaranteed.

Cutler declined comment through a team spokesman. His agent, Bus Cook, said questions about whether the Bears feel they can win with Cutler should be directed to the team.

Two teammates, who also asked to remain anonymous for this story, characterized Cutler as a divisive figure with whom they'd rather not continue to play. "

Space Invader

Dorkchop
Liked Posts:
There you have it; the end of the Jay Cutler experiment.
Local beatwriters doing their heel turn now to soften the blow it will be to all those Cutlermaniacs.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Does anyone (minus a few in here), want Cutler on the Bears?

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This shouldn't hurt his trade value... /s

I had been thinking there was no way anyone will take him as a trade, and was resigned to another year of his shit.

Then someone reminded us all of the clause that says if he is cut and gets a 15 mil contract (for any length of time) the bears are off the hook to a degree, so there is a little bit of light ahead.

Who knows what will happen... but I wont hold my breath.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I also just read an article stating Fox and Pace are currently making the rounds meeting with past coaches in order to discuss Cutler; Trestman, Martz, Kromer, and all the relevant names, were on the list of coaches to be meet with.

I dont see Jay getting many ringing endorsements.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/...rand=ref~{"ref":"http://t.co/8K4pcs1FkX"}&wjb

By Michael C. Wright

At least 10 former Chicago Bears staffers from the Lovie Smith and Marc Trestman regimes said recently they believe the team can't consistently compete for championships as long as it fields a lineup with Jay Cutler under center.

That sentiment might explain why head coach John Fox and general manager Ryan Pace remain uncommitted to Cutler as the team's starting quarterback for 2015. Deciding whether to commit to Cutler has a time element. If Cutler is on the Bears' roster on March 12, $10 million of his 2016 salary is guaranteed.

Cutler declined comment through a team spokesman. His agent, Bus Cook, said questions about whether the Bears feel they can win with Cutler should be directed to the team.

Two teammates, who also asked to remain anonymous for this story, characterized Cutler as a divisive figure with whom they'd rather not continue to play. "

I would like to know if there was a contingent of guys that thought it could happen... It would be interesting to see if it was almost a unanimously shared opinion or if it was half and half with only the bad getting press.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also just read an article stating Fox and Pace are currently making the rounds meeting with past coaches in order to discuss Cutler; Trestman, Martz, Kromer, and all the relevant names, were on the list of coaches to be meet with.

I dont see Jay getting many ringing endorsements.
Trestman: "Hello?"
Fox: "Hi this is John Fox. Can I talk to you about Cutler?"
Trestman: "Um, I just got out of the shower. Can you call back in about fourteen years?"

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

By Michael C. Wright

That sentiment might explain why head coach John Fox and general manager Ryan Pace remain uncommitted to Cutler as the team's starting quarterback for 2015. Deciding whether to commit to Cutler has a time element. If Cutler is on the Bears' roster on March 12, $10 million of his 2016 salary is guaranteed. Cutler declined comment through a team spokesman. His agent, Bus Cook, said questions about whether the Bears feel they can win with Cutler should be directed to the team.

So teams can officially sign free agents on the 10th I believe. I would guess the Bears will push real hard to get a "caretaker" QB signed by the 11th and you'll see Cutler released as soon as that happens. :pray:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
"But every one of the former staffers interviewed from the Smith and Trestman regimes pointed out similar flaws in the quarterback. Two “R” words -- “renegade” and “rogue” -- were often used by the former staffers when asked about Cutler's ability to play within the confines of an offensive system."

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so who's the alternative then...clausen? hoyer?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I had been thinking there was no way anyone will take him as a trade, and was resigned to another year of his shit.

Then someone reminded us all of the clause that says if he is cut and gets a 15 mil contract (for any length of time) the bears are off the hook to a degree, so there is a little bit of light ahead.

Who knows what will happen... but I wont hold my breath.
I doubt CHI takes that gamble, but if they do, they better do it quickly because on a team that really needs a QB would sign Cutler for that much money, whether it be 1 year or a longer commitment. After the draft, that market will have been addressed...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh FFS just cut him, it's a no brainer. He sucks, isn't a leader, and his lingering presence is toxic. There's no reason to hold the org back any further by continuing this shitshow.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
its-over-o.gif