Would you take Green-Beckham in the 2nd round?

Liked Posts:
Assuming that we fill a couple of holes in FA (FS, NT, etc) and pick up a OLB in the 1st, what would your reaction be to the Bears selecting Dorial Green-Beckham at #39 overall?

Liked Posts:
I think you sprint up to the podium.

Hell, I'd even take a hard look at Coates.

Regardless of whether Marshall is on the team next year or not, we've got to start back-filling the position. Someone has to be paired with Jeffrey for the long-term.

Liked Posts:
I say yes, but I would not run to the podium. If he there in the second round there must be some growing concerns. I would consider other guys, depending on who is there.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
I would sprint up there...unless he yells at kickers and already has a contract with one of the major networks.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
sooo we have a headcase diva WR right now supposedly in Bmarsh....so lets go get another headcase diva WR in doral green beckham, that makes sense :smh:

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
sooo we have a headcase diva WR right now supposedly in Bmarsh....so lets go get another headcase diva WR in doral green beckham, that makes sense :smh:

21 vs 30. plus salary. But as the other poster said I would highly consider it even if Marshall was on the team,

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
21 vs 30. plus salary. But as the other poster said I would highly consider it even if Marshall was on the team,

I guess I just don't get why youd want to add a proven headcase, criminal in the 2nd round of the draft. id rather draft jaelen strong from ASU in the 2nd round if he is there for example. DGB = great talent that will never come to full fruition because he is an idiot

RisWell

Liked Posts:
I guess I just don't get why youd want to add a proven headcase, criminal in the 2nd round of the draft. id rather draft jaelen strong from ASU in the 2nd round if he is there for example. DGB = great talent that will never come to full fruition because he is an idiot
We dont know that yet. He could of learned his lesson.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We dont know that yet. He could of learned his lesson.

pretty sure hes had multiple issues throughout just his short college tenure

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Younger and cheaper? and faster?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Younger and cheaper? and faster?

my point is id rather draft a different WR than DGB...you are aware he isn't the only WR in this draft right?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
No because they need to use that 2nd rounder on Hundley.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If he did in fact change and cut all the immature shit off then he could very well be the best WR from this draft, and a lot of the scouts were saying he is the most talented WR since Calvin Johnson.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Let's cut Brandon Marshall because he does a TV show on his day off and yells at teammates. Let's replace him with the guy who pushed a girl down a flight of stairs and has multiple incidents involving illegal substances.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Well, he has the talent to get on the field early in his career and make some plays, but I have to question the wisdom of drafting a WR at 39.

This topic is relevant only because of all the talk of jettisoning Marshall, the second most talented guy on the offense (after Forte) who is an absolute game-changer. Getting rid of him and hoping someone with first-round talent falls to 39 is poor short term and long term planning. If you draft him without getting rid of Marshall, then yeah we would keep the position loaded, but drafting him to groom him for the future is a luxury pick and our roster is not stacked enough for us to make luxury picks.

This year, I think that the first two rounds are going to see a lot of WRs and RBs drafted, pushing some good defensive prospects down. Those undervalued defensive prospects would step in on this team as it currently stands with the chance to make an immediate impact. I say lets pounce on those defensive prospects and focus on creating a deep pool of talent around which we can rebuild the defense.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Tough call. Really do the research of the off the field red flag issues. If you are comfortable with taking on that level of risk he's a very talented prospect.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I think he'll be good but if people complain about Brandon Marshall being a "problem" or a "headcase" then why take DGB?