Would you take Green-Beckham in the 2nd round?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Assuming that we fill a couple of holes in FA (FS, NT, etc) and pick up a OLB in the 1st, what would your reaction be to the Bears selecting Dorial Green-Beckham at #39 overall?

I wouldn't use a 2nd rounder on him even if we needed a WR like him, which we don't.

Josh Gordon 2.0

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
YES, he is the next CJ or Rice, but could also be the good and bad of Moss and Gordon

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he's BPA on your board, then you take him and you're damned happy about it. I believe in drafting that way regardless of position.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Any chance Devin Smith is still around for our second pick?

Possibly. He really didn't get any recognition until the college playoffs so that might make him available. I don't think he was even rated as someone that would be drafted, if anything he was rated as a 6th-7th round pick.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
He is off my board completely. I'm betting he is out of the league in 3 seasons or less. He may put up 1-2 good seasons, but will have a Tank Johnson type career in the end. Was Tank worth the #2?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Wilson, Morgan. They are just as good as Brandon Lafell or Jevon Kearse.

We got by with Knox and Hester. Alson and company are a huge upgrade.

No, they are not as good as Lafell or Kearse, who aren't that good to begin with. Wilson has proven nothing in the NFL other than having unreliable hands. Morgan is well beyond his prime and is a 4th/5th WR at best now (3rd option at best in his prime). And we didn't get by with Knox and Hester, Knox and Hester got by on that elite defense supplied by Urlacher and Co.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
No, they are not as good as Lafell or Kearse, who aren't that good to begin with. Wilson has proven nothing in the NFL other than having unreliable hands. Morgan is well beyond his prime and is a 4th/5th WR at best now (3rd option at best in his prime). And we didn't get by with Knox and Hester, Knox and Hester got by on that elite defense supplied by Urlacher and Co.
We got by with Hester and Knox on offense. It wasnt pretty.

Wilson, Morgon or any other receiver is plenty enough to get by with Alshon as the #1.

When you have no QB it doesnt matter if you are stacked at receiver you gonna struggle offensively. When you have a QB you dont need star receivers because a superstar QB will make a receiver. So why invest in drafting another high pick on a receiver and get the same results. Its pointless.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Too much Josh Gordon similarities. Rather have a player that will be on field than take a chance on somebody who might be suspended a lot.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Wilson, Morgon or any other receiver is plenty enough to get by with Alshon as the #1.

When you have no QB it doesnt matter if you are stacked at receiver you gonna struggle offensively. When you have a QB you dont need star receivers because a superstar QB will make a receiver. So why invest in drafting another high pick on a receiver and get the same results. Its pointless.

It's not like Jay is here forever, 1 or 2 more years max. Why not have weapons for the next guy that comes in?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

hmmm no. alshon is great for sure, but if you think youre going to get by with Wilson and morgan as your #2 and #3 guys then you are sadly mistaken. that being said, DGB is NOT the guy to pair up with alshon