What's your NFL Draft Big Board (For the Bears) ?

Liked Posts:
Post your top 5 prospect options for the Bears at pick #7? And if you want to add a surprise guy go ahead...

Here is my top 5 (in order):

1) Dante Fowler Jr.
2) Marcus Mariota
3) Danny Shelton
4) Alvin Dupree
5) Trae Waynes

Surprise guy would be Collins as he as seemingly moved out of the top 10, but he is still the best safety prospect in this draft IMO. Bears don't sign McCourty or Moore and I could see them doing it if a few of their other targets are gone.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
1. Leonard Williams
2. Dante Fowler Jr.
3. Vic Beasley
4. Alvin DuPree
5. Kevin White

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The only reason I left off Williams, is there is no way he falls to the Bears. He would have been 1 otherwise.

Just two years ago almost every draft "expert" had Sharrif Floyd going in the top 5 but I tend to agree on Williams.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Players I don't envision being available

1. Marcus Mariota - QB - Oregon
2. Leonard Williams - DE/DT - USC

Top 5 that may be on the board at 7

1. Dante Fowler Jr. - OLB - Florida
2. Shane Ray - OLB - Missouri
3. Randy Gregory - OLB - Nebraska
4. Bud Dupree - OLB - Kentucky
5. Trae Waynes - CB - Michigan State

I think after Fowler you can rank those OLB's any way you choose depending on preference and would be thrilled with any of them.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
1. Gregory
2. Fowler
3. Dupree
4. Beasley
5. Peat

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
1. Williams
2. Fowler
3. Ray
4. Dupree
5. Sheldon
6. Beasley
7. Waynes

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All Defense big board
Williams
Fowler
Shelton
Gregory
Beasley

Liked Posts:
01. DE Leonard Williams
02. LB Dante Fowler
03. LB Vic Beasley
04. LB Shane Ray
05. LB Bud Dupree

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If it's me I'm taking Parker Schnabel, University of Alaska

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
1- Bud Dupree
2- Bud Dupree
3- Bud Dupree
4- Bud Dupree
5- Bud Dupree

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
1) Trade down and suck for 2 years

edit) this is assuming we do nothing in FA but cut players

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
1. Williams
2. Mariota
3. Winston
4. Gregory
5. Fowler
6. Sheldon
7. Ray

Dupree RIGHT NOW is a late first round draft pick. Until that changes, I am not drafting him with the 7th overall pick. Not even close.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
How does Dupree go from not being a 1st round pick to being a mid 1st round pick to possibly being picked at 7? And why is Collins no longer on anyone's list? He went from a sure selection from our Bears in mock drafts and posters on this board, yet he's no longer in the discussion!

You guys manufacture players like they are D&D characters. So what ever happened to Greg Little and Marvin Austin? Louis Nix anyone?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
How does Dupree go from not being a 1st round pick to being a mid 1st round pick to possibly being picked at 7? And why is Collins no longer on anyone's list? He went from a sure selection from our Bears in mock drafts and posters on this board, yet he's no longer in the discussion!

You guys manufacture players like they are D&D characters. So what ever happened to Greg Little and Marvin Austin? Louis Nix anyone?

Just because Collins is the best in this class it never meant he Was a top ten talent. People had him grossly overrated. Myself and a few others called that months ago.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Just because Collins is the best in this class it never meant he Was a top ten talent. People had him grossly overrated. Myself and a few others called that months ago.

Yes he was! but it's odd that many saw that and many didn't. I'm seeing the same with all the Dupree in the top 10. Why? His combine? His tape is so-so but his bod is OMG! Lol wut?

Same goes for Randy Gregory. He goes from a top 5 pick by all mocksters only to be out of the top 10 when you look at credible draft gurus. Basically, too many manufactured players due to poorly identified talent by fans.

Marvin Austin last one year, ONE YEAR, in the NFL. Even Greg Little is still bouncing around, although atm a FA. Posters were screaming for us to draft Austin with our 1st round pick and Little with our 2nd. WTF?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Yes he was! but it's odd that many saw that and many didn't. I'm seeing the same with all the Dupree in the top 10. Why? His combine? His tape is so-so but his bod is OMG! Lol wut?

Dupree tape is good and a lot of people don't realize what he was asked to do at Kentucky. He was their Jack of all trades backer. Give him a Specific role at the Next level with his size and athleticism and a good coach who can Mould that ball of clay and the sky is the limit.

Its about Projection. Not necessarily passed production.

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:
Dupree tape is good and a lot of people don't realize what he was asked to do at Kentucky. He was their Jack of all trades backer. Give him a Specific role at the Next level with his size and athleticism and a good coach who can Mould that ball of clay and the sky is the limit.

Its about Projection. Not necessarily passed production.

I thought Dupree looked like a 2nd round player and there is no way I would draft a project in the top 10. Dupree is a guy who doesn't have football instincts but is an incredible athlete. You may be right about getting coached up at one position but that didn't happen at Kentucky and I really wonder why? Will that same reason cause him to struggle at the NFL level? Non of us fans know why he didn't hold a more specific position and it's hard for me to think this was a good thing. I think the coaches saw that he doesn't have the instincts but still tried to get the most out of him.