OT: Kiko Alonso Traded for LeSean McCoy

Liked Posts:
That is just crazy, what a horrible move by the Bills. It would have been nice for the Bears to be involved in this move.

I don't know about that. The Bills defense didn't skip a beat at all after he missed the season. They actually improved significantly from the prior season. No, I don't believe they improved from 2013 to 2014 because of the loss of an excellent young player, but they did improve non the less as a stacked young defensive unit that actually has a lot of quality depth on defense. They could afford to make this move for a quality Vet HB they desperately need that can come in now & help them where they need it most which is a position on offense. This takes some of the heat off from their young mistake prone QB, EJ Mannual & balance out the offense & help them eat up more T.O.P. so that their defense isn't hung to dry from an average offensive unit like it has been the past couple of years.

A good HB with blazing speed & agility like McCoy that can catch the ball out of the backfield on Buffalos offense is perfect for them to help them in Rex Ryans run heavy offense. Plus they now have Marquis Goodwin, Sammy Watkins who are also excellent young speed demons at WR, couple that with a very fast multi talented HB like McCoy & that team is going to be scary on both sides of the ball now.

I know Goodell & the rules committee have basically done everything they can to create a trend that devalues Half Backs & Defense, in order to market a pass happy crapshoot, but teams are starting to come to & see that good HB's are vital no matter what the latest weak trend of the moment is.

Obviously I could very well be wrong here, but I do live in NYS & if the Bears aren't on, then watch all three of the NY teams weekly, & based on what I think & saw on a weekly basis, trading an ILB they proved they don't really need over an entire season to address the biggest need on their offense, if not entire roster young proven vet HB with plenty of miles left on his legs. Keep in mind that Alonso suffered an ACL injury, & hasn't proven that he can even play to the level that he did as a rookie.

Now had Buffalo traded Marcell Dareus, who is the foundation of their entire defensive system, & a must have as a NT in the 3-4 base, 1 Shade DT in their Wide 9 formations who can eat space over the A & B gaps to keep the LEO on the 9 clean, & line up as a 3-Tech in Ryans third down 4-3 front, then I would agree with you completely.

N

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
McCoy can easily fit in well with the Bills, hope he does well. It is just the salary fact and the Eagles nabbing a good player in Kiko (if he stays healthy) at a very low salary and they cleared a lot of cap room. It does sound like the Eagles are going for some big targets in free agency with the hopes of also springing a deal for Mariotta on draft day. That is going to cost them a ton of draft picks. I am not sure they will be able to pull it off.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont really see how the eagles could pull off the trade to get Mariotta unless he falls pretty far.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hahahahhaa. "You pink-ass, winnie the pooh looking fuckin bitch, you fucked up!"

Reactions: WCL

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I like the Bills too and I think they just got much better.

I've liked the Bills since the 80s also. Looks like we will be fighting for McCoy in FF if we get number 1 pick...especially if they start E.J.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
PFF ranks them dead last in the NFL in run blocking.
Well, there you have it. Sparty approved Euro PFF ratings. [/thread]

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have traded Forte for Alonso straight up in a heartbeat.... so I love this trade for the Eagles. I know Eagles fans are mostly like WTF but Chip will find another RB thats a hell of a lot cheaper and will come in and produce big numbers. I'd have faith in him on that one.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I dont really see how the eagles could pull off the trade to get Mariotta unless he falls pretty far.

• If Marcus Mariota is available at the No. 6 pick in the draft, the Eagles will trade up to select the former Oregon quarterback, a source told Metro sportswriter Kristian Dyer. The Jets currently hold that pick but would be willing to deal it to Philadelphia, according to the report.

www.si.com

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
• If Marcus Mariota is available at the No. 6 pick in the draft, the Eagles will trade up to select the former Oregon quarterback, a source told Metro sportswriter Kristian Dyer. The Jets currently hold that pick but would be willing to deal it to Philadelphia, of according to the report.

www.si.com

I think that's a whole lot of posturing going on here with the help of the media. it might be true, but why release it that info a month and a half before the actual draft?

RisWell

Liked Posts:
I would have traded Forte for Alonso straight up in a heartbeat.... so I love this trade for the Eagles. I know Eagles fans are mostly like WTF but Chip will find another RB thats a hell of a lot cheaper and will come in and produce big numbers. I'd have faith in him on that one.
McCoy sucked last year. Sproles out played him.. Polk is pretty good. That system is just tailer made for a RB.