MLS CBA Issue

CreepyBasementGuy

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just noticed how we don't have a thread about the issue that may end up halting the MLS season that is set to begin.

The players want free agency, and the league is saying absolutely not. If they don't reach an agreement by Friday,the players will strike, there is no Fire-LA game and no other games.

According to ESPNFC, MLS has moved a bit closer to free agency in talks. IMO the players hold all the cards, and the league has to be the one that gives in. Hopefully, whoever gives in, I hope something gets done by Friday. I want to watch the Fire play :crying:

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-...r-to-free-agency-as-talks-progresssource-says

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea, its getting dicey. I don't know why the league is so against FA. There are a number of things for them to fight over, just don't think FA should be the one that stops the season from starting.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Got done in the end... and we just signed a 4 yr Euro broadcasting deal with Eurosport... ESPN2, Fox Sports 1, UniMas, TSN, RDS, Sky Sports and Eurosport, not too shabby

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Not much of an improvement tbh. :smh:

Y6Fbuw9.jpg

We are not going to be competing with European leagues with this new CBA. We are going to be competing with the NASL.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1110...-not-everyone-is-happy-with-the-?ICID=HP_BN_1