Free Agent Buzz

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
In terms of which of the 3 FA we have talked to that we need the most, it would be:

1. Wiz
2. Jenkins
3. Foster

TheDane

Liked Posts:
Well, there's two DL-bodies for ya!

b26373c122175346b3604983111af68d.png

TheDane

Liked Posts:
A couple of days ago I made a post about not wanting McDonald on this team. He's proven to be a chronic troublemaker (or at least someone who tends to surround himself with troublemakers), and I don't believe that's a guy you want around when rebuilding a franchise, like we're in the midst of.

But I guess Fangio had enough positive things to say about McDonald, that Pace felt okay pursuing him.

Reactions: WCL

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
A couple of days ago I made a post about not wanting McDonald on this team. He's proven to be a chronic troublemaker (or at least someone who tends to surround himself with troublemakers), and I don't believe that's a guy you want around when rebuilding a franchise, like we're in the midst of.

But I guess Fangio had enough positive things to say about McDonald, that Pace felt okay pursuing him.

This morning on buzzfeed.com I read an article about him suing the ladies who accused him....so maybe in his case....he didnt do anything other than making poor judgement in a situation - wrong place wrong time?

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lindseyadle...suing-his-rape-accuser-to-clear-h#.qxavvMPgLW

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

TheDane

Liked Posts:
This morning on buzzfeed.com I read an article about him suing the ladies who accused him....so maybe in his case....he didnt do anything other than making poor judgement in a situation - wrong place wrong time?

It is indeed very possible that he hasn't done anything illegal. But the guy was under investigation for THREE different things in 2014. Innocent or not, that's a huge distraction for the team that has him on their roster, and 49ers sure didn't want any more of it in the end either.

The guy is a good player, but he simply needs to stay away from trouble, whether it's him or people around him messing up.

Reactions: WCL

TheDane

Liked Posts:
What possible trouble could McDonald get into in Chicago?

I haven't been in Chicago, but as far as I know, there's women to harass in Chicago too.

FUN FACT: If we sign McDonald, that's two FA-signings from Pahokee, Florida, the other being Pernell McPhee. Maybe it's a new trend?

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
This made me laugh:

Jarvis Jenkins - DL - Bears
Bears signed DE Jarvis Jenkins, formerly of the Redskins, to a one-year contract.
It's not a surprise Jenkins didn't draw much interest in free agency. A 26-year-old who offers nothing as a pass rusher, Jenkins finished 45th out of 47 qualified 3-4 defensive ends in Pro Football Focus' 2014 rankings. He's serviceable against the run, but still received a negative grade in that area over 552 snaps last season. Chicago's cellar-dwelling defense didn't improve with this minimum-salary signing.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Right now, I think Pace has done things correctly. He didn't overspend for Ron Parker. He's not willing to overspend for Mason Foster, so far. The contracts for Royal and Rolle have been reasonable. The one for McPhee isn't bad considering he's 26 and has a lot of upside. But so far, Pace hasn't done any careless Phil Emery shit, like paying too much for Cutler and a declining Jared Allen.

The last thing we need right now as a team that is rebuilding, is more bad contracts. Of course, every high-priced free agent that doesn't perform could be considered as having a bad contract. But the titans gave Brian Orakpo 4 years and $32 million dollars. As far as McPhee goes, we paid a good price for someone on his way up imo.
I don't disagree with anything you said. I just want quality, I dont care how much it cost. Jenkins is a good value signing. I like it. Ray McDonald would be a fatalistic budget signing. (Dont care shit about his past)

But I still think they need more. And all I ask is they do what needs to be done to contend this year first and foremost. (That does not mean I'm against any future planning)

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Maybe he will seek help for his problem, be treated for a mental illness and crusade to help others with a similar problem. Then the Bears will surely cut ties with his ass.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Willie Young and Houston are both going to be playing outside linebacker most likely, but they are both defensive ends obviously. Fangio is known for being creative and I'm sure we are going to be seeing all sorts of packages. Jenkins is kind of a mixed bag like Houston. He can play tackle and end, and is a decent run stopper. The point is, it remains to be seen what Fangio is going to do with the defense and players he brings in.
Who's the hottie in your avatar? That's what I wanna know.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
"Above average run stuffer. Actually very good at stopping the run. But can't rush the quarterback to save his life. He'd be a good rotational guy but not someone you want starting. Good size, decent motor, good locker room guy. Maybe a change of scenery would do him well. He's shown flashes every now and then."

Redskin fan assessment

Rotoworld says he received a negative grade against the run.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jenkins was recruiting Foster this morning and it sounded positive,

@Jarvis99jenkins: @Mason_Foster bout to head to the CHI right now, gon head and make that move wit me

@Mason_Foster: @Jarvis99jenkins the bro makin it official....I might get to finally play wit the bro

@Jarvis99jenkins: “@Mason_Foster: @Jarvis99jenkins the bro makin it official....I might get to finally play wit the bro”you already kno what time it is��

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In a perfect world Jenkins is a rotational backup who plays running downs.

We do not need him to be dominant, in fact we cannot afford to pay him if he was a dominant player.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jenkins was recruiting Foster this morning and it sounded positive,

@Jarvis99jenkins: @Mason_Foster bout to head to the CHI right now, gon head and make that move wit me

@Mason_Foster: @Jarvis99jenkins the bro makin it official....I might get to finally play wit the bro

@Jarvis99jenkins: “@Mason_Foster: @Jarvis99jenkins the bro makin it official....I might get to finally play wit the bro”you already kno what time it is��

So where is the connection from with these two? Did they ever play together or from their childhood days or what??