Brad Biggs: Bears shopping Brandon Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Marshall has produced with Culter and other shitty QBs throughout his career. So you are giving Alshon the benefit of the doubt because he had shitty QB play and then others want me to believe he is an equal replacement for Marshall? So that is your point?

He doesn't need the benefit of the doubt when he's put up damn near 2,500 yards and 17 TD's in 2 seasons. The guy has proved he can play.

I'm in the "keep Marshall" boat, but to claim Alshon can't be a #1 receiver because of a 3 game stretch with jay cutler and jimmy clausen as QB's (at the end of an abysmal season) is pretty damn stupid, regardless of how Marshall has performed in the past..

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
He has produced... 2500 yards and 15+ TDs over two years...He has outproduced Marshall over the past two seasons...how much more evidence do you need that the guy is a true #1 receiver?

Cobb had 2100 and 20 TDs in his past two full seasons. Eric Decker had 2300 yards and 22 TDs before leaving Denver. Neither of them is a number one. Alshon is not a number 1 and won't ever be one. He's a great #2.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
He doesn't need the benefit of the doubt when he's put up damn near 2,500 yards and 17 TD's in 2 seasons. The guy has proved he can play.

I'm in the "keep Marshall" boat, but to claim Alshon can't be a #1 receiver because of a 3 game stretch with jay cutler and jimmy clausen as QB's (at the end of an abysmal season) is pretty damn stupid..

Point to where I said he "can't be a #1 receiver". Thanks, I'll be waiting.

It's also pretty damn stupid to not comprehend what you are reading.

Mitchapalooza

This thread shows how fucking Special person Bear fans are

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Cobb had 2100 and 20 TDs in his past two full seasons. Eric Decker had 2300 yards and 22 TDs before leaving Denver. Neither of them is a number one. Alshon is not a number 1 and won't ever be one. He's a great #2.

Two words -
Peyton
Rodgers

Alshon has done this with Fuckler, McClown and Clausen at the helm.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
We had the number 2 offense in the league to years ago, that isn't enough for you? You can't pick and choose your stats. You pointed out stats and said what more do you need to be a #1, well you need to demand a double team to be stopped and have to show up each week. He does neither.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:

So Jeffrey out produced those guys with Jay throwing it to him while they had the two best QBs in the NFL?

Jeffrey is better than I thought. Easily a number #1.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We had the number 2 offense in the league to years ago, that isn't enough for you? You can't pick and choose your stats. You pointed out stats and said what more do you need to be a #1, well you need to demand a double team to be stopped and have to show up each week. He does neither.

1. Name any WR who "shows up every week" and I will find you weeks they didn't.
2. If Marshall wasn't on the Bears, Jeffery would see double teams the majority of the time. Hell, he saw plenty of double teams with Marshall here.

Stop posting already. I'm glad you decided to go on a break from starting threads but... I'm not satisfied.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

His 2500 yards and 18 TDs in two seasons with average QBs at best says otherwise. Your analysis is ridiculous and you have nothing to support your claim. His pedigree and production both say he is a number one receiver.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
His 2500 yards and 18 TDs in two seasons with average QBs at best says otherwise. Your analysis is ridiculous and you have nothing to support your claim. His pedigree and production both say he is a number one receiver.

No professional who covers the team thinks he has proved he is a true number 1, it is only homer fans. We had a dynamic offense where he had a great WR, great TE, and great RB surrounding him. You are delusional if you can't see how that helps him produce. I like him, but he isn't a #1, and if we pay him #1 money we will regret it for years.

AussieBear

im with you in ways. i was willing to trade jeffery while his value was/is at its highest trying to get the harvin to sea deal (1st,3rd,7th). my problem with alshon is his feet are bad at times and he lacks that top flight speed.. compound that with a bad hammy last year and he couldnt really do anything deep. though for him not having 4.3 speed, he still can manage to create separation going deep at times, especially when his legs are healthy. having two marshalls is great in the red zone but the rest of the field is limiting, then add in slow arse bennett, forte and jeff george - offense exposed.

so if they decide to trade marshall, i wouldnt be willing to move on from jeffery at all, id just pair him up with a burner that can stretch the field. the bears are in a good position at the moment, they can let him play out his contract to see what he really is and at the end of the day they could tag him the following year if they cant agree to terms.

Liked Posts:
No professional who covers the team thinks he has proved he is a true number 1, it is only homer fans. We had a dynamic offense where he had a great WR, great TE, and great RB surrounding him. You are delusional if you can't see how that helps him produce. I like him, but he isn't a #1, and if we pay him #1 money we will regret it for years.

Not taking sides or anything but it's key to remember that neither of the past three super bowl winners have had true #1 receivers but they had dynamic guys that could stretch the field.

Having a true #1 is not a key to winning the SB. Having a more well-rounded receiver core is the key. Gase has done a good job getting players involved successfully.

Liked Posts:
Also, the issue is not with Marshall's ability or his production it has to do with him being an issue. I've heard this from multiple beat writers and a few players. Can't always assume that our minimal perception of him is reality.

I can tell you from what I've been told that Marshall is an issue & most players want nothing to do with him. He's done this to himself. Cutler is running his course and not because he's a questionable person but because he simply can't get it done & he's getting older.

At a point, you have to get younger and you can't do that with a core of players of 30 years old. Time to start in on a "rebuild" now, not wait and keep watching the ship sink.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Most importantly, he had a horrible QB throwing him the ball..

It's a tad bit idiotic to be calling other fans homers when you support Cutler regardless of his shit play with the same supporting cast.

"Delusional" :lol:

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the face Marshall puts on in front of the media is vastly different than what his teammates see in the locker room. I just don't see how someone that acts the way he does with the media, can be disliked by so many.

Maybe his teammates and the organization in a whole see a completely different Marshall around the facility than what we see as fans from the lens of the media.

Maybe this is why they want to trade him. For a guy with his production on the field, I would assume it's worse than calling out a kicker, or trying to box a twitterer, or trying to box Raiola, or talking not so positively about his teammates after a loss, or fighting a defensive quality control coach.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Not taking sides or anything but it's key to remember that neither of the past three super bowl winners have had true #1 receivers but they had dynamic guys that could stretch the field.

Having a true #1 is not a key to winning the SB. Having a more well-rounded receiver core is the key. Gase has done a good job getting players involved successfully.

I agree having a true #1 isn't critical to winning a SB, I just don't think he is one. Also I have said numerous times I'd love to see Jay replaced, but only with a better option. He is the most frustrating player I have ever followed.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, the issue is not with Marshall's ability or his production it has to do with him being an issue. I've heard this from multiple beat writers and a few players. Can't always assume that our minimal perception of him is reality.

I can tell you from what I've been told that Marshall is an issue & most players want nothing to do with him. He's done this to himself. Cutler is running his course and not because he's a questionable person but because he simply can't get it done & he's getting older.

At a point, you have to get younger and you can't do that with a core of players of 30 years old. Time to start in on a "rebuild" now, not wait and keep watching the ship sink.

this is what i have been hearing. i guess he is still the proverbial cancer in the locker room. the other thing is something from coach fox. he wants to make sure everyone is focused on football. marshall wants to do his show every week and i don't think fox will have it. simple, see what you can get in trade. wish marshall could forget bout that show for a season or 2. if not hopefully we get something good for him. footballs a business now and we have to get used to it.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

well, I can't argue with anything you said and you are well-sourced. just kinda sad how it al works out

Status
Not open for further replies.