Nikola Mirotic Emergence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Wiggins definitely has it in the bag, but would still be great to see him finish #2

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
hate Nikola at the 3 it pretty much negates what he brings

don't want to hinder him by forcing him to play out of position

he has flourished at the 4 and has been pretty underwhelming at the 3

I disagree. Niko can play both positions. One of the main things he brings to the table is that he's a matchup problem for other teams. Imo, Niko should alternate between the PF and SF to create matchup problems for teams.

He should be a PF most of the time, I agree, to pull the bigs out with his shooting, but he can also go the SF and create a mismatch there based on the matchup, especially since we have Pau and Taj.

He should give Thib's the ability to make subs during the game to their advantage, imo.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
I disagree. Niko can play both positions. One of the main things he brings to the table is that he's a matchup problem for other teams. Imo, Niko should alternate between the PF and SF to create matchup problems for teams.

He should be a PF most of the time, I agree, to pull the bigs out with his shooting, but he can also go the SF and create a mismatch there based on the matchup, especially since we have Pau and Taj.

He should give Thib's the ability to make subs during the game to their advantage, imo.

he doesn't have the quickness to play SF

when thibs plays him there hes not been very good but when hes played PF hes been great...its like night & day

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he doesn't have the quickness to play SF

when thibs plays him there hes not been very good but when hes played PF hes been great...its like night & day
It really depends on the defensive matchup imo. He can destroy SFs in the post, but many of them can kill him with their quickness. However, if he's playing against a slower SF, you could totally play him at SF without getting burned. Obviously the biggest advantage is for him to play PF, but in the right scenario, him at SF can be good also.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
It really depends on the defensive matchup imo. He can destroy SFs in the post, but many of them can kill him with their quickness. However, if he's playing against a slower SF, you could totally play him at SF without getting burned. Obviously the biggest advantage is for him to play PF, but in the right scenario, him at SF can be good also.

Exactly, that was pretty much my point about matchups as well. If you haven't figured it out yet, I hate generalizations. This totally eliminates the ability to strategise and gameplan. I'm also tired of hearing Niko can't play defense and is too slow. Larry Bird was pretty slow and last time I checked, he played SF pretty well. :dunno:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly, that was pretty much my point about matchups as well. If you haven't figured it out yet, I hate generalizations. This totally eliminates the ability to strategise and gameplan. I'm also tired of hearing Niko can't play defense and is too slow. Larry Bird was pretty slow and last time I checked, he played SF pretty well. :dunno:
Bird was also ridiculously smart and knew exactly where to put himself on defense. You don't get that many steals by luck.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i think hes gotta go for Nikola's development

Taj is not really a 5 and Nikola is not a 3 so i don't see a spot

maybe we can still get a decent wing for him

I think that Mirotic definitely is a three, He has great skill for a 6'10" guy. He really cannot be very well defended by other 3's and if they move bigger guys on him he'll just take them outside and blow by them. And why have the guy bang against these big slower guys? Let him destroy the other tteam with his skill.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
OPBYon7.png

Noshayah DaMuzikbox

Liked Posts:
Power point made!!!!!!! The numbers don't lie, and Niko again, on National TV was a big reason the Bulls rallied to beat the Thunder!!!

Noshayah DaMuzikbox

Liked Posts:
True dat! I knew that that hype would not play out. But we should revisit it in 5 years. That talk was straight PR by the NBA to get folks to tune in to the Draft

Noshayah DaMuzikbox

Liked Posts:
The Bulls can still get good compensation for Taj. It's too bad his stats have dropped this season. I think he felt Niko pushing him out with his impact. I'd trade Taj in the off-season before it's too late. Noah will have to be resigned soon, and Jimmy G. Buckets might get the max

Noshayah DaMuzikbox

Liked Posts:
I think Niko will develop with time at the 3, but McDermott was drafted for that, as Dunleavy will only be getting older. McDermott is being groomed as that replacement. Snell can also play the 3, and he is developing very well.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
The Bulls are depleted with three key players out, that's why they've lost recently. Not being impressed because they're struggling is kind of harsh given the Bulls current situation....if that is what you were talking about, Noshayah.

I have been high on Mirotic since watching game footage on him when he played for Real Madrid. He has all the skills to be a force in the NBA. It's nice to see him get playing time. Early on he was clearly caught off guard by the pace of the regular season. Just takes some adjustments, and we're seeing the fruit of his work.

Last edited:

Noshayah DaMuzikbox

Liked Posts:
The stage was set, National TV game, playing the hit Russell Westbrook and his Thunder, and Niko produced as he lead the Bulls with 26pts, 8 rbs, and a stat that showed his real impact was 14/16 at the charity stripe. That is IMPACT! And should boost his popularity a bit. The Niko phenomenon reminds me very much of when Toni Kukoc came over as a rookie who started off coming off the bench. Niko is solid in crunch time, and he has become a go-to-force for them next to Pay Gasol as the Bulls are still winning lately even with missing 3 main players. That game last night was electrifying, had me on the edge of my seat, even yelling at the TV. LOL...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

my point is its not the ideal position for him and is not something i would force him to do just to keep Taj

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
my point is its not the ideal position for him and is not something i would force him to do just to keep Taj
I ain't saying absolutely keep Taj, I'm just saying if you had to keep Taj you could still use Mirotic. You don't necessarily have to punt Taj off the team either as there as still scenarios where they can be used together. That said, if you can swap Taj for a decent wing player and/or picks, you probably make that deal.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I ain't saying absolutely keep Taj, I'm just saying if you had to keep Taj you could still use Mirotic. You don't necessarily have to punt Taj off the team either as there as still scenarios where they can be used together. That said, if you can swap Taj for a decent wing player and/or picks, you probably make that deal.

Pardon my ignorance, but if Niko really can be a 3, why not just keep Noah/Pau/Taj as your 4/5's...

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pardon my ignorance, but if Niko really can be a 3, why not just keep Noah/Pau/Taj as your 4/5's...
Because Niko is really a 4 and not a 3. He can occasionally play the 3 if the matchup is good, but it is not ideal. He is not a full time 3 unless you want him to get wrecked defensively almost every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.