Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Holy shit Diddy, that is one badass signature

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Greatest post ever.

theres those times when somebody is just so wrong and clearly have no clue what they are talking about that you literally don't know where to begin and don't even bother trying

the hawk has allot of these type post

When he said "Lebron pretty much could play any position on the court except point guard" I was lulz for a good 10 mins. So good.

i mean if anything that could be his primary position

center is probably the only position he couldn't play fulltime

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Anybody really seeing huge improvements in his game?

He has still been a rather inefficient scorer overall even though he has improved his 3P% from 31 to 35%. I am thinking that 3P% is closer to what we will see from him - something like a 35-38% shooter. Nikola is still shooting less than 40% overall and I don't think he will ever develop into a high efficient scorer. He reminds me a lot of Danilo Gallinari offensively. If you watch both Nikola and Danilo Gallinari play and you look at their stats, you seem some striking similarities. Similar height and weight, both have a good handle, enough athleticism to penetrate and finish at the rim and both can shoot from the perimeter. They have shown they can create their own shot and neither of them really play D. Nikola I think is a little more willing to bang and gobbles up more boards which makes him more of a PF while Gallinari thrives a little more on the perimeter because I think he is a better athlete making him more of a SF.

Statistically speaking, it's pretty crazy how similar the two are. Have a look at a comparison of Danilo's and Nikola's statistics per 36 mins both in their 2nd seasons -

Danilo Gallinari -
16 PPG, 5.2 REB, 1.8 AST, 1.0 STL, 0.8 BLK - FG% - 42% 3P% - 38%

Nikola Mirotic -
17.7 PPG, 9.2 REB, 2.1 AST, 1.2 STL, 0.4 BLK - FG% - 39% 3P% - 35%

The only real difference is that rebounding total and that comes from Mirotic's role being a little different and him being a bit more willing to bang than Danilo.

I don't think this guy is ever going to be Dirk Nowitzki or any kind of real star in this league, but he is a very nice role player who can provide a spark offensively.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I don't see niko developing into a star player. I'd be extremely shocked if he even made 1 all star season. He'll be solid but probably best suited off the bench. Hes most effective as a spot up shooter. Struggles when he puts the ball on the floor. Not a great finisher. He's a guy who wants to create quick seperation by way of a couple dribbles and take a step back. Probably was overly hyped coming over. I wouldn't run out and trade him but I would be more than willing to listen to offers.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think the better question to ask is why make more out of this? You have a guy that is playing great in the 4th quarter, and keeping you in/winning games. He's a good player - let's not start throwing superlatives around like it's candy. Just enjoy it.
See this is a good post. The poster in this case is stressing patience, and not trying to make certain stretches of the regular season into more than what they are. We need more posters like this guy.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
niko is best suited coming off the bench to provide a little scoring punch. it allows him to matchup against the other teams bench guys(who actually will fall for his pump fakes) and that will help keep him from being abused defensively as much. IMO he would make a nice 6th man

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
I was so ready for Niko to develop this year into a deserving starter, but I'm tired of his soft Euro style. He's always looking for the foul, especially in crunch time situations. I wonder if Pau is actually hurting him since he also plays so soft.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
When he dribbled that ball of his foot last night.....

I can't think of a Bull more disappointing right now, relative to the hype they received. Even Rose coming back from injury, I always had that cautious optimism. I loved the look of this guy when he was playing in Spain, and bought into so early. Perspective tells me that 101 NBA games into his career is not a time to judge him, but he is someone that I would be looking to move.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Dirk Nowitzki is the only player in the HISTORY of the NBA to have at least 25,000 points, 10,000 rebounds, 1,000 blocks, and 1,000 3 pointers. He is one of seven players in the HISTORY of the NBA to have reached the 27,000 points and 10,000 rebounds. Those other seven? Just guys like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Wilt Chamberlain, Karl Malone, Shaq, Moses Malone, and Elvin Hayes.

Please, I beg of you: just enjoy this now. There is no need to make silly comparisons.

Dirk Nowitzki gets to sit at the table with the all-time NBA greats. Nikola Mirotic at this point can't even get a job as a bus boy in the restaurant.

Let's slow down.
Dirk passed 30,000 career points tonight. I thought bumping this thread would be worthwhile.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dirk may the be the greatest player ever to me. The guy has done more with the least athletic ability I have ever seen. I mean you cant teach 7 foot tall, but he is just a marvel on the fundamentals of the game. He looks like he is in slow motion and just takes you to town. Guy deserves all the credit in the world. He is one of the GOAT's.

Status
Not open for further replies.