Nikola Mirotic Emergence...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noshayah DaMuzikbox

Liked Posts:
I think all the people, who don't really know in detail too much about Niko's game have surely now seen that his game is more than just shooting 3's! I'm enjoying reading all the responses, some are very comical really to tell you the truth, but I know it's all in good fun! I'm sure all of us Bulls fans love our team, so lets enjoy how this one plays out!!!

Bear06

Liked Posts:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
niko has more of a post game than peja or hedo ever had though

Hedo now? I feel like the modern version of Turkogloo can do a lot of things that surprise me.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
CLfDtQKUMAELkSS.jpg

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
looks like he bulked up but not in a good way :/

bulk up didn't mean eat deep dish pizza, Nikola

stevethacreator

Liked Posts:
|: Chicago pizza's on point though. I think if he added a bit more on his frame, he'd be strong enough in the post. Like he has some moves, we saw it during the season, but I feel like he didn't play really BIG BODIES at the 4 and in the NBA, strength is something you're gonna need against some of these guys. I want Niko to be awesome this year, from the post, inside, and from the outside.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Niko doesn't really look all that different to me. Perhaps my eyes suck and I need a side by side comparison.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no.....I'm a fitness expert, particularly of the less athletic.

Niko looks good. What are you expecting? Lebron muscles? He clearly bulked up as Gasol looks think next to him. That less weight is helping Gasol because he is old.

I can see some leg growth in Niko. YOu have to understand how hard it is to add bulk to these tall guys. I'm 6'6" and deadlifting is a joke with a straight bar. I'm kinda a freak to be able to get to 500 lbs on a 6'6" extreme ectomorph frame, but the bulk is even more difficult to add.

Look at the knee muscles....Niko will be quicker this year. His shoulders look round and healthy. He looked unhealthy skinny last year, 23 year old kid we should expect some filling out.

I think he looks great and don't see deep dish pizza at all. He is trying to bulk up not cut carbs and shred out for Mr. Olympia. He finally made the Spanish team. Niko was worth waiting for.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because Niko is really a 4 and not a 3. He can occasionally play the 3 if the matchup is good, but it is not ideal. He is not a full time 3 unless you want him to get wrecked defensively almost every game.

I agree with this, mostly due to defense. Niko is long enough to guard 4's and abuses them on the other end. However, Niko gets abused by 3's on defense. He can't stop penetration of a 3, but he can fluster 4's with length and positioning.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Niko needs to start doing PEDs if he wants to look like LeBron.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah i excepted him to look like this

500x1000px-LL-ee8b43f1_is-lebron-james-on-steroids-3.jpeg

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think that you are a bit short sighted. When I see Mirotic, I see a less athletic, less physical Lebron James. James is 6'9" 250#. Mirotic is 6'10" 225#. Lebron pretty much could play any position on the court except point guard and I think that Mirotic might also with a bit more experience.

I essence, I have come to believe that Mirotic is headed to stardom in the NBA. I am not saying he is Lebron or an elite player yet, but I do not see much to stand in his way from stardom. I do not think that his future is at a limited power forward role for this team or as someone who would merely take the spot of Taj Gibson or Pau Gasol for that matter. I think that right now, he is better than Gibson and as good as Gasol and he is 24 years old. I want the guy in the front of this team dictating to the defense like Lebron does, not waiting to be set up by someone else. The Bulls need to change their mindset.

Greatest post ever.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Remember when Dirk Mirotic disappeared in the playoffs?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why did we sign Dunleavy again?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't we sign Dunleavy? Pretty friendly deal, provides experience and depth on the wings, was our best outside shooter last season, we'll be emphasizing spacing even more this season, and had a very productive post season.

As far as Niko, I think he'll be very solid this season assuming he gets minutes. I don't think he's ready to take an all-star type leap, but I can see a very efficient season from him. I was expecting him to be a better 3 pt shooter so hopefully he improves there. In that pic with Gasol, it does look like he gained some strength/mass in his lower body which should help with his post defense and hopefully explosiveness. If he can get around 25-27 MPG, I see something like

14 PPG
7 RPG
35% 3 pt
56 TS%
eFG% 50

I'll gladly take that production from him this season.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When he said "Lebron pretty much could play any position on the court except point guard" I was lulz for a good 10 mins. So good.
:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.