If the Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau...

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I´m perfectly fine with him having the best defenders on the court at the end of games.

The Bulls can´t just outscore other teams.

Even though they improved much at the offensive side, they still have nobody besides Rose and sometimes Brooks to create shots. They are build similar to the Spurs, but SA has way better shooters to compensate that.

The Bulls are a system team. The either click in a a game or they don´t.

That´s what happens when you build your roster with unathletic players.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I´m perfectly fine with him having the best defenders on the court at the end of games.

The Bulls can´t just outscore other teams.

Even though they improved much at the offensive side, they still have nobody besides Rose and sometimes Brooks to create shots. They are build similar to the Spurs, but SA has way better shooters to compensate that.

The Bulls are a system team. The either click in a a game or they don´t.

That´s what happens when you build your roster with unathletic players.

To me, this has a lot to do with Thib's stubbornness, imo.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To me, this has a lot to do with Thib's stubbornness, imo.
Is it his fault that he has a system, or the FO's fault that most of the players are system players?

But really, what team is not a system team? Maybe the Big Three Miami team wasn't a system more so than it was, Wade, Lebron, and Bosh taking turns shooting or throwing it out to shooters. But that can be a system too. Perhaps "system players" is just another phrase for "players who can't create their own shot"

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm gonna put at least 30% blame on the training staff. The number of injuries does get somewhat ridiculous after a certain point. The Luol Deng spinal tap fiasco should never have happened either.

At the same time though, we have experienced quite a large number of freak injuries in the Thibodeau era (Rose's major injuries, Boozer gym bag, Jimmy's random shoulder/elbow injuries, McDermott injury, etc). Bad luck is probably the biggest factor of all.

I think the injuries were the prime reason of non-success in the play-offs. Also, the teams that they faced capitalized on their weakness(s). I just think that this year, even if and when Rose and Butler come back, I don't think they will win the eastern conference. And that is because this team has not shown an ability to fit in with each other either offensively and especially defensively. And this is not something that will just switch on once the play-offs start. The problems that they started year with are pretty much still there, namely a below average guard group and a lack of help defense from the big men.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's a big IF that they would fire him. The only way I see it happening is if they had a replacement already in mind who they thought could get the team over the hump in the playoffs. I really don't know who that might be. Despite what the experts here think, the Bulls are a championship organization and maybe they see some limitations in Thibs.

I have grown weary of him playing people heavy minutes and never taking starters out the last 3-4 minutes of a 10-12 point game. They have had the best record during the regular season and not made the Finals. There are guys like Scott Skiles who turns a bad team around into a fair team but goes no farther before he wears thin on everybody. Thibs may be a guy who takes a good team to the brink but can't get them that last bit to win it all.

Lets see. IF you lose the MVP in the league along with a guy who was a Defensive player of the year you should make the NBA FInals? THe OC THunder lost Westbrook and Durant for most of the year and look at where they are in the standings. YOu have to take into consideration injuries to you best play(s). If you do not then it is unfair.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Is it his fault that he has a system, or the FO's fault that most of the players are system players?

But really, what team is not a system team? Maybe the Big Three Miami team wasn't a system more so than it was, Wade, Lebron, and Bosh taking turns shooting or throwing it out to shooters. But that can be a system too. Perhaps "system players" is just another phrase for "players who can't create their own shot"

Or perhaps Thib's system is not as good as some other coaches system? :dunno: Maybe the fact that his 'system' doesn't change no matter what players he has? :dunno:

Darkman

Liked Posts:
If Garpax fires Thibs, then they better get ready to follow him out. Garpax, outside the easy decision of drafting Rose, have done nothing special in their tenure. Noah, Butler, and Snell have improved their game because of Thibs. What did Thibs do to Garpax that made them hate him so much? Garpax fired Ron Adams to piss off Thibs when Rose and Noah said not to. Garpax have always had a toxic relationship with coaches from Skiles to Del Nergo and now Thibs. I don't trust Garpax AT ALL.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Garpax fires Thibs, then they better get ready to follow him out. Garpax, outside the easy decision of drafting Rose, have done nothing special in their tenure. Noah, Butler, and Snell have improved their game because of Thibs. What did Thibs do to Garpax that made them hate him so much? Garpax fired Ron Adams to piss off Thibs when Rose and Noah said not to. Garpax have always had a toxic relationship with coaches from Skiles to Del Nergo and now Thibs. I don't trust Garpax AT ALL.

I agree. BTW My family and I lived in Munster, Ind from 71-77. My favorite house was the first one we bought. It was a brick fixer upper on Hohman Ave. Great times. Not a lot of money but good times:)

Darkman

Liked Posts:
I agree. BTW My family and I lived in Munster, Ind from 71-77. My favorite house was the first one we bought. It was a brick fixer upper on Hohman Ave. Great times. Not a lot of money but good times:)

Nice.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

I won a couple 16" softball championships there as that's where they used to have the USSSA championships back then.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or perhaps Thib's system is not as good as some other coaches system? :dunno: Maybe the fact that his 'system' doesn't change no matter what players he has? :dunno:
I guess we'll find out after this season anyway

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I won a couple 16" softball championships there as that's where they used to have the USSSA championships back then.

There were a lot of good fast pitch softball leagues out in the Hammond area back when. I played for the Hammond Stars for a couple of years after my hard ball life ended. Best memory was playing in an all-star game against the King and his Court, Eddie (Fleener or Feldman, can't remember). Fielded only four guys and shut the best fast pitch softball guys down 4-0. We got two hits I think. On another note, the catcher on my college team was drafted into the army and latched on in Germany with an army fast pitch team(lucky fuck). His pitcher was the warm up pticher for the King and his Court. Small fucking world:)

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
LOL, you're full of shit. The Hammond Stars was a girls softball team, and there isn't a chance in hell you played against the King and his court. :smh:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, you're full of shit. The Hammond Stars was a girls softball team, and there isn't a chance in hell you played against the King and his court. :smh:

You sir, are full of shit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You sir, are full of shit.

I played against Eddie and his guys in or around 1971. He must have been around 50 years old or so and did an exhibition after our game. The guy had an amazing array of stuff including an upcurve that trust me you could not hit and still brought the fastball in at the equivalent of around 85-90. He could drop it, rise it, you name it. The other trick that he did was pitch blindfolded on the mound and pitch to hitter from 2nd base.

Four players.......Pitcher, catcher, short-stop(the guy was an amazing fielder) and a first baseman. The bat that they used against us was about two feet long and looked more like a bowling pin. Still they hit the damn ball against some pretty damn good pitchers. I know nothing about the Hammond Stars girls softball team. Is that who you played against in your league?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
What did Thibs do to Garpax that made them hate him so much?

He doesn't listen. Thibs has been told repeatedly not to wear out his players and he goes out the next night and continues to do exactly what he's been doing. A sign of a great coach is someone who can grow and improve upon their skills. Thibs is the same stubborn guy that came here years ago. That sort of personality wears people thin after a while.

Garpax have always had a toxic relationship with coaches from Skiles to Del Nergo and now Thibs

Skiles and Del Negro are your two examples? LOL. Skiles and Del Negro have a toxic relationship with almost every player in the league.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
So dumb, who do they think they would get that it better? To me, that's the most important thing. Yeah, he's a little obsessed with the regular season, but he always maximizes talent out of players. If fired, he will be able to pick any team in the league to coach, except maybe the spurs and clippers.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Ahhh! What if he went to the cavs!! That would be a nightmare! They would terrorize the entire league.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ahhh! What if he went to the cavs!! That would be a nightmare! They would terrorize the entire league.
It would serve the Bulls management right at that point.