If the Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau...

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i don't think Bron would be too fond of thibs or maybe he would have a different attitude toward a coach he thinks is good idk....could you image him shoulder bumping thibs like he did spo tho?

only problem i have with the situation is that they are not handling it correctly...if they have differences on how the team should be ran and want to bring in another guy with different ideas thats fine with me

but the fact its being put out as thibs is "being ran out of town" is not a good look and def not for the Chicago Bulls who have a history of this type of behavior

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Reporter, "Lebron, what do you think of the minutes that Thibs plays you ever night?"

Lebron, "I play basketball. I'm supposed to be on the court."

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i don't think Bron would be too fond of thibs or maybe he would have a different attitude toward a coach he thinks is good idk....could you image him shoulder bumping thibs like he did spo tho?
I actually agree with this. LeBron wants nothing to do with Thibs. LeBron couldn't manipulate Thibs like he can every other coach he's had.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Reporter, "Lebron, what do you think of the minutes that Thibs plays you ever night?"

Lebron, "I play basketball. I'm supposed to be on the court."
LeBron has complained about minutes this year saying he's playing too much in the media.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LeBron has complained about minutes this year saying he's playing too much in the media.
lol perhaps he'd try to really push the idea that Thibs runs players into the ground

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I actually agree with what the writer said but it didn't go far enough. He might have addressed management's refusal to re-build a solid bench. That is on them and to me is inexcusable. There is no reason why this team has the guards and SFs that they do. Dunleavy should not be a starter, McDermott isn't ready to be a reliable NBA player, Hinrich should never NEVER be playing for the Bulls, their second round pick should be playing in the D league not occupying space on the bench. Then there is our 60 year old back up center!!!!

So what is Thibs supposed to do? Our back-up guards are weak except for Brooks. Who backs up Noah if Gasol is a starter? It is ridiculous to just say that he plays his starter too many minutes. I do not believe that he would IF he had some alternatives to plug in off of the bench. This is on Gar/Pax and they failed on building this roster.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Excellent article and sums it up nicely. Thib's is a great coach, but he does need to change some of the things that he does to go to the next level. His stubbornness and refusal to change will ultimately lead to his departure. Simple as that. :yep:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
For all of you who blame Thibs for a lot of our problems... At least check out the rebuttals here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/chicagobull...johnson_nick_from_new_girl_wrote_a_grantland/

Not that I want to promote reddit, but the Chicago Bulls subreddit has the most Bulls homers I've ever seen. Anyone who provides some objectivity usually gets downvoted to hell. So there is some decent objectivity there though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
The bolded section below was written by someone on reddit and he makes valid points for pro thibs.

I have yet to see any Thibs article that contained any facts relevant to the argument other than Thibs plays his best athletic wing player a lot. This would be significant except for most of his tenure the Bulls have only had one starting quality athletic wing player.

Is this really the only reason people want him gone? Because he plays his star players too much? Does winning games not matter? Does making the playoffs not matter? NBA championship is a reach when you have to deal with a D Rose who's been out 3 years and addition to new players like Pau and emergence of Butler. Most of the team had to adjust to a different style of play both OFFENSIVELY AND DEFENSIVELY because of these new roles.

Never has a coach so successfully implemented a style of play and a team attitude that suits the city he works in so well. I think he's the best coach the Bulls have ever had, in basketball terms. Thibs for life, or we riot.

Thibs is the best coach bulls organization has had since Phil Jackson. He has respect from both players and coaches across the league, you dont get that respect around the league if you're a bad coach. This fucking guy Thibs is creating a system which resembles the Spurs/Patriots. Develop players from draft and plug in players that excel in your system. People are gonna be really disappointed when players arent performing with same effectiveness as they were when coached under Thibs.

Disclaimer: I think Phil Jackson was a great manager of talent, but I don't think he has any strategic accomplishment that puts him anywhere close to the Thibs defense that most of the league now incorporates in some fashion. And no, he did not invent the triangle.

I agree with this also. Phil was a phenominal manager of superstars and egos. Read the book of basketball by Bill Simmons, really good book and goes indepth about how and why Phil was such a successful coach. It was more about managing the team's personalities than X's and O's. I personally think Greg Pop is a better basketball coach.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Never has a coach so successfully implemented a style of play and a team attitude that suits the city he works in so well. I think he's the best coach the Bulls have ever had, in basketball terms. Thibs for life, or we riot.
Double Ugh. Can we please stop with this idea that a style of play is somehow matched to the city in which it is being played.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[–]Jimmy Butlerdark-humor-knight 6 points 21 hours ago I really do think that Thibs would benefit from being more like Pop. I understand winning is important, but giving everything in the regular season only tires you out in the playoffs. The NBA season is a marathon, not a sprint. Especially in a weak Eastern Conference, Thibs could afford to sit players from time to time. He doesn't even really have to sit them from entire games, reducing their minutes could even save them from the injuries they've been suffering. With the amount of young talent the Bulls have and the depth, spreading the minutes could end up winning us more games in the future.

[–]Benny The Bullgwats 8 points 18 hours ago
He's reduced Pau Gasol's minutes since the all-star break. Gasol's averaging 32.4 minutes, and that's with Taj being out.
He's spread out the minutes quite well. Pretty sure no one's averaging more than 35 min a night, and only two or three times has a player played 40+ and that was Snell who is still young, and who everyone was clamoring for to play more minutes. (This is in terms of Post-All Star break).
When we played the Spurs Sunday, Pops didn't pull his starters despite being up a large margin. Does he not get flack for that or does he get a pass? It's the kind of thing fans would be up in arms over.
The other night when we played OKC, Westbrook played 40+ min, and Serge played 38 min. None of our players played anywhere near those numbers.

[–]Jimmy Butlerdark-humor-knight 3 points 18 hours ago
I'll give this one to you /u/gwats. However, as far as Pau goes, there were times when he should have been playing less, he played while sick for a few games, and it was noticeable.
Pops doesn't get a pass, but he also didn't play his starters too much during the game (with the huge exception of Leonard).
As far as Westbrook goes, he is literally carrying that team right now, and it appears he can handle the pressure of those long playing times.
The point I was trying to make was that the minutes should be spread not only to save your key "veteran" players, but also to develop your young players on the bench.
All in all though, you make good points. I'm just frustrated with the amount of injuries the Bulls have had the past few seasons and don't know what else they could do to prevent them, aside from having a training staff like Phoenix. Kudos to you /u/gwats

This is a far more civil exchange than I've seen on here in the past few years...

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
Double Ugh. Can we please stop with this idea that a style of play is somehow matched to the city in which it is being played.

Mostly coincidence or maybe intentional. Media loves to make the connections between sports teams and the actual city. But at the end of the day, winning games is all that matters. Doesnt matter if you win games by scoring 120 or holding opps under 100. If you're winning games, it doesn't matter how, just as long as youre winning consistently.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This is a far more civil exchange than I've seen on here in the past few years...
[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

[/COLOR]
We aren't Civil here. We also can't downvote Derrick Rose haters to death.