Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Asked whether he will return this season he responded with

I think so. That's the plan.

LOL, way to open yourself up to a ton of criticism there in the immediate.

On the rest of what he had to say, I'll steal a Redditors post.

Rose says he can't jump much right now. Still rebuilding strength is his legs. Feeling optimistic about rehab.[3]
Rose says knee feels "great". Says he doesn't feel a pinch in his knee anymore.[4]
Rose said he isn't sure when injury occurred. Says something may have happened at Golden State in mid January.[5]
Rose: "Whenever I'm ready to come back, I'll come back". Says he won't pace himself when he does comeback.[6]
Rose is done talking. So he never came out and said, "I'll be back this year." But sounds very optimistic about returning this season.[7]
Rose: "I didn't feel the pinch [in the knee] when I was playing. Only when I squatted, I felt it."[8]
Rose said he didn't feel pressure to get back on floor because expectations around Bulls. Said he would be back when he is ready.[9]
Rose thinks latest setback could be a 'blessing in disguise' for him to allow him to get his body back in order.[10]
[Sam Smith]
Rose speaking to media now. Says plans to play this season though cannot jump yet after knee surgery.[11]
Rose said could have been playing on injury for weeks as first felt something in late January.[12]
Rose said being patient but no pacing himself on return. Said "good chance" of his return.[13]
[Cody Westerlund]
Rose thinks he was playing on meniscus tear for a month possibly. Cited the game against Golden State[14]
[K.C. Johnson]
Rose's lack of a definitive public commitment to playing this season contrasts with what he has been saying privately.[15]
I don't want to link to them, but the Sun-Times' spin on all this is unbelievable: "Derrick Rose: 'Who cares' about Bulls' timeline." Actual quote "Who cares? I'm not even thinking about that right now, I'm thinking about just getting the most out of every day." Plus, the Bulls didn't create a deadline, they were just giving an estimate. Smh.
[Trenton Jocz of Bulls by the Horns]
Derrick Rose said he played on his hurt knee for a month and the Chicago media is focusing on that he wouldn't guarantee a return. Typical.[16]
[Jon Greenberg]
Rose sounded positive about coming back this season, said he's "killing" his rehab, but wouldn't predict anything.[17]
I asked Derrick if he plans on coming back this yr: "I think so, that’s the plan. Whenever I feel right that’s when I’m going to step back."[18]
On meniscectomy, Derrick Rose: "I just wanted it out. I just wanted to walk right, get to rehab right away." Thinks he did it in Oakland.[19]

So Rose thinks he may have torn it @ Golden State...which means he played on it for almost a month.

Rose also says he had this pinch in his knee ever since the repair was done... now he doesn't feel any pinch.

W3HWQUj.png

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Do you think it's a case of him not knowing how dumb he sounds, or not caring how dumb he sounds?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Let's face it, it doesn't matter what he says with some of you people. I wish you'd give it a rest for Christ's sake!

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Let's face it, it doesn't matter what he says with some of you people. I wish you'd give it a rest for Christ's sake!
Just fucking say "I'll be back" and leave it at that. THATS ALL.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Please. I've been a big supporter of his throughout all of this, but let's face it - he sucks in front of a microphone.

Liked Posts:
Please. I've been a big supporter of his throughout all of this, but let's face it - he sucks in front of a microphone.

People are always quick to give him the benefit of the doubt by saying stuff like this but it's possible he's just a selfish prick and doesn't care how it comes across.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:

Who cares? I think it's comical that everyone worries about that. I personally don't think Derrick gives a fuck what people like you say. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised that he says some of the shit he says just to piss you off. If you think about it, he's in a good position to say the same shit he said before and come back and say:

attachment.php

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't care how dumb he is as long as he comes back and plays at a high level.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Who cares? I think it's comical that everyone worries about that. I personally don't think Derrick gives a fuck what people like you say. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised that he says some of the shit he says just to piss you off. If you think about it, he's in a good position to say the same shit he said before and come back and say:

attachment.php
Are you under the impression that I am not a Rose fan?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Asked whether he will return this season he responded with

LOL, way to open yourself up to a ton of criticism there in the immediate.

On the rest of what he had to say, I'll steal a Redditors post.

Rose says he can't jump much right now. Still rebuilding strength is his legs. Feeling optimistic about rehab.[3]
Rose says knee feels "great". Says he doesn't feel a pinch in his knee anymore.[4]
Rose said he isn't sure when injury occurred. Says something may have happened at Golden State in mid January.[5]
Rose: "Whenever I'm ready to come back, I'll come back". Says he won't pace himself when he does comeback.[6]
Rose is done talking. So he never came out and said, "I'll be back this year." But sounds very optimistic about returning this season.[7]
Rose: "I didn't feel the pinch [in the knee] when I was playing. Only when I squatted, I felt it."[8]
Rose said he didn't feel pressure to get back on floor because expectations around Bulls. Said he would be back when he is ready.[9]
Rose thinks latest setback could be a 'blessing in disguise' for him to allow him to get his body back in order.[10]
[Sam Smith]
Rose speaking to media now. Says plans to play this season though cannot jump yet after knee surgery.[11]
Rose said could have been playing on injury for weeks as first felt something in late January.[12]
Rose said being patient but no pacing himself on return. Said "good chance" of his return.[13]
[Cody Westerlund]
Rose thinks he was playing on meniscus tear for a month possibly. Cited the game against Golden State[14]
[K.C. Johnson]
Rose's lack of a definitive public commitment to playing this season contrasts with what he has been saying privately.[15]
I don't want to link to them, but the Sun-Times' spin on all this is unbelievable: "Derrick Rose: 'Who cares' about Bulls' timeline." Actual quote "Who cares? I'm not even thinking about that right now, I'm thinking about just getting the most out of every day." Plus, the Bulls didn't create a deadline, they were just giving an estimate. Smh.
[Trenton Jocz of Bulls by the Horns]
Derrick Rose said he played on his hurt knee for a month and the Chicago media is focusing on that he wouldn't guarantee a return. Typical.[16]
[Jon Greenberg]
Rose sounded positive about coming back this season, said he's "killing" his rehab, but wouldn't predict anything.[17]
I asked Derrick if he plans on coming back this yr: "I think so, that’s the plan. Whenever I feel right that’s when I’m going to step back."[18]
On meniscectomy, Derrick Rose: "I just wanted it out. I just wanted to walk right, get to rehab right away." Thinks he did it in Oakland.[19]

So Rose thinks he may have torn it @ Golden State...which means he played on it for almost a month.

Rose also says he had this pinch in his knee ever since the repair was done... now he doesn't feel any pinch.

W3HWQUj.png

Lets put it this way, if he is cleared by the team doctor to play HE'D BETTER PLAY and not do what he did last year. Enough is enough. Drag you ass on the court and play.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you think it's a case of him not knowing how dumb he sounds, or not caring how dumb he sounds?

I said this before but this guy needs to be given a class on public speaking and how and what to say because he kills himself when he opens his mouth. Frankly, I would be surprised if he has many friends on the Bulls or in the league for that matter and a good part of that is how he comes across when he speaks. Cripe, they should spend a couple of hundred thousand and educate this guy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just fucking say "I'll be back" and leave it at that. THATS ALL.

Exactly. Preceded by I am working my ass off to get back onto that court with my teammates. And then for cripes sake, DO IT!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

attachment.php

I doubt that he knows how he comes across and I believe a lot of this crap is fed by his brother and his "entourage" which in itself is another problem. As for the "just to piss you off part", I don't think he is built that way. I think that he is by nature a shy guy that is influenced by his family and hangers on. That has certainly happened to many many athletes before.

And despite the fact that the guy is a multi-millionaire and set for life, most athletes want to carve out a legacy for themselves and a good step up in creating a positive legacy is by busting your ass to perform despite bad luck or injuries. Chicago is a city who loves its heroes and right now, Rose has lost a lot of his luster. It happened with Carmelo. I hope like hell that Rose doesn't fuck it up for both he and the Bulls sake.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Lol, I saw that pray for Rose sign under the Fullerton underpass, and I laughed my ass off. Crazy. I hope someone put some skittles under there.

Liked Posts:
I said this before but this guy needs to be given a class on public speaking and how and what to say because he kills himself when he opens his mouth. Frankly, I would be surprised if he has many friends on the Bulls or in the league for that matter and a good part of that is how he comes across when he speaks. Cripe, they should spend a couple of hundred thousand and educate this guy.

The University of Memphis already tried and failed.