What Did You Have For Lunch?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fucking salad everyday

what the shit can I put on my salad to mix shit up? Besides meat?

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
fucking salad everyday

what the shit can I put on my salad to mix shit up? Besides meat?

I'll occasionally have black beans, corn and tomatoes over romaine with an avocado dressing.

For the dressing, I throw a couple of avocados, half an onion, a couple of cloves of garlic, some cilantro, the juice from a lime and a couple tbsp of olive oil in a blender. It'll keep in an airtight container for about a week.

The dressing is also good on grilled chicken (if you're into avocados).

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today was beer, shots of Jose and a banana.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Had a slab of top sirloin off some cow I killed as well as some potato's I stole off some Farmers land. Then I just finished some fish i caught in the river by this store with some rice.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Chickpea battered calamari (squid pakoras) and bhindi masala.

xxv

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Bay Area has realized an awesome proliferation in Chipotle-modeled restaurants, but has improved the concept with better ingredients and made it far tastier. We now have build-your-bowl places for Indian, Vietnamese, Japanese, Korean, etc.

As an aside, last time I had a business lunch in downtown Chicago my local colleague took me to a place called Protein Bar (or some such moniker), don't know if it's still around but I loved that model, super tasty and healthy.

Today I went with a Vietnamese bowl: basic salad for a base, garlic shrimp for protein, topped with the "basic setup" (bean sprouts, cilantro, cucumber, crispy shallots, pickled veggies, jalapenos) and finished with Vietnamese Vinaigrette which consists of garlic/chilis/anchovies.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As an aside, last time I had a business lunch in downtown Chicago my local colleague took me to a place called Protein Bar (or some such moniker), don't know if it's still around but I loved that model, super tasty and healthy.
lol Ares harbors quite the dislike for Protein Bar. I think he said the food tasted like nothing

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
lol Ares harbors quite the dislike for Protein Bar. I think he said the food tasted like nothing

Actually one of our co-workers harbors the hate for it.... lol he was the one who said it tasted like nothing and was desperately looking for hot sauce.

I didn't particularly enjoy it, but I finished my barrito at least.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Actually one of our co-workers harbors the hate for it.... lol he was the one who said it tasted like nothing and was desperately looking for hot sauce.

I didn't particularly enjoy it, but I finished my barrito at least.
Well...I remembered descriptive parts of the story lol

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Understood, i was there only once a couple years ago, it wasn't quite the goodness of a double cheeseburger but it served a purpose. Besides, a few blasts of Sriracha go a long way with blandish tasting bowls.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Had a Jalapeno Fresco Spicy Chicken Sandwich from WENDYs.

It was amazingly ca$h