Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
well we won

hope Snell is enjoying his minutes

has a guy ever gone form a DNP-CD to playing 45 minutes in a single season?

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
And can we end the Dunn experiment. He had 6 points in 40 minutes. McD had 7 pts in 10 minutes. McD needs to get more minutes and Dunn needs to get less, period! I don't care if Dunn gets the last 8 minutes in the 4th, just spread the minutes out.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well we won

hope Snell is enjoying his minutes

has a guy ever gone form a DNP-CD to playing 45 minutes in a single season?
Probably with a team full of injured stars... But its rare.

Snell had a pretty bad game.. 7 turnoverss.. yikes.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Well, the one starter that got some good rest at 3rd/4th was Brooks. He also had the least minutes for the starters at 36, more than all but one 76er. It doesn't surprise me that he went off at the end while the other guys got killed on the boards and threw the ball away. At least we don't have a game tomorrow with our starters averaging 43 minutes for the game. Good win ....... :dunno:
Wouldnt say a good win, but a win is a win..

I just didn't see the options in this game.. If you wanna kill Thibs for these kind of minutes for the starters when healthy, by all means... I don't buy it tonight.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
McDermott probably gets more minutes if the team didn't squander leads and play like garbage for most of the game. We won the game by near double digits, but it was basically tied the entire game. Plus down 4 guys most teams play their starters 40 minutes. Unless they don't want to win the game I guess.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't realize the game was an OT game...no wonder everyone was up over 40 minutes...

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
lol people act like playing an additional 4-5 minutes of basketball is kryptonite. These guys are professionals(mostly) who take care of their bodies at the highest level in the NBA. They play this sport pretty much on a daily basis, i hate that people keep using minute management as an excuse to let Thibs go. The fucker rested noah, what do else do you want? You want him to rest his "starters" against a 76ers team that has played well at home?

Bulls need to finish the season strong with as many wins as possible to secure home court advantage for playoffs. Doesn't matter if the win comes from the 76ers or the Warriors, it's the regular season and total # of wins matter, not who you've beaten. Why the fuck would the bulls take these last games lightly and assume they can go into someone else's court and just automatically beat them? Need to stop underestimating opponents. Thoughts like that is why the bulls have such a shitty record vs sub .500 teams. Glad they willed themselves to a win vs the 76ers.

I digress.....I do agree that Thibs SHOULD be more conscious about resting his star players, which i think he is i.e. resting noah last night for "lower body soreness," but I dont knock him for playing his starters a few more minutes to secure a win vs whoever.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol people act like playing an additional 4-5 minutes of basketball is kryptonite. These guys are professionals(mostly) who take care of their bodies at the highest level in the NBA. They play this sport pretty much on a daily basis, i hate that people keep using minute management as an excuse to let Thibs go. The fucker rested noah, what do else do you want? You want him to rest his "starters" against a 76ers team that has played well at home?

Bulls need to finish the season strong with as many wins as possible to secure home court advantage for playoffs. Doesn't matter if the win comes from the 76ers or the Warriors, it's the regular season and total # of wins matter, not who you've beaten. Why the fuck would the bulls take these last games lightly and assume they can go into someone else's court and just automatically beat them? Need to stop underestimating opponents. Thoughts like that is why the bulls have such a shitty record vs sub .500 teams. Glad they willed themselves to a win vs the 76ers.

I digress.....I do agree that Thibs SHOULD be more conscious about resting his star players, which i think he is i.e. resting noah last night for "lower body soreness," but I dont knock him for playing his starters a few more minutes to secure a win vs whoever.

I refuse to think that a coach who intentionally rests his best players at the expense of losing a game is a good coach. The object in professional sports is to win games is it not? All of this discourse about putting in scrubs just because is crap. Particularly in that the guys he is subbing for are back-up personnel themselves.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I refuse to think that a coach who intentionally rests his best players at the expense of losing a game is a good coach. The object in professional sports is to win games is it not? All of this discourse about putting in scrubs just because is crap. Particularly in that the guys he is subbing for are back-up personnel themselves.
If your best players are beat up or have some lingering injuries, I am okay with them resting a game here or there.

The main problem some people seem to think is that its a major Thibs issue that the players who were starters last night their minutes were not managed well.

Of course my opinion is if you have a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter don't fucking blow that lead and thus you allow scrubs to play the last 5 minutes of the game. The Bulls haven't been too good at keeping leads this year. Which then also forces Thibs to not trust his bench and keep his starters out there longer.

I can think of 2 games this year when we were relatively healthy and had big leads and lost them... The game in November against Toronto (where Rose strained his hamstring near the end), and a December game against Indiana where the Bulls couldn't hit a shot to save their life the entire 4th quarter until the end.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
No one should complain about the minutes in a game in which the team is missing 4 of its 5 best players and the game goes into OT. Friggin' Nick "Meatball" Friedell puts out an article today about Gasol's minutes. Seriously, what is this dumbasses problem? Gasol's minutes went DOWN after the all-star break. The only reason they are back up is because Taj went down. That's it. Before that, his minutes were steadily decreasing to under 34 per game with the ascension of Niko.

Also, people are acting like this will wear out Gasol. Gimme a break. The guy has posted 44 dub dubs this season, is having a career year, and is actually averaging the 3rd least mpg of his career. This obsession with minutes by the media and fans is getting really tiresome. *pun intended :smug:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No one should complain about the minutes in a game in which the team is missing 4 of its 5 best players and the game goes into OT. Friggin' Nick "Meatball" Friedell puts out an article today about Gasol's minutes. Seriously, what is this dumbasses problem? Gasol's minutes went DOWN after the all-star break. The only reason they are back up is because Taj went down. That's it. Before that, his minutes were steadily decreasing to under 34 per game with the ascension of Niko.

Also, people are acting like this will wear out Gasol. Gimme a break. The guy has posted 44 dub dubs this season, is having a career year, and is actually averaging the 3rd least mpg of his career. This obsession with minutes by the media and fans is getting really tiresome. *pun intended :smug:
Gasol may get worn out though.. The hope is once Gibson is back Gasol's minutes really lessen.. We'll see.

The Bulls kind of have to put Gasol on their back though... I think this game really proved to me once again that Gasol is not a #1 option. He struggles in the role. I know he wasn't signed to be, but now with the injuries he's forced into that role, and I don't think he can take it.. Much like Deng was without Rose.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gasol may get worn out though.. The hope is once Gibson is back Gasol's minutes really lessen.. We'll see.

The Bulls kind of have to put Gasol on their back though... I think this game really proved to me once again that Gasol is not a #1 option. He struggles in the role. I know he wasn't signed to be, but now with the injuries he's forced into that role, and I don't think he can take it.. Much like Deng was without Rose.
Well then your only hope is either Niko progressing to a stud or Jimmy coming back earlier than expected. What else can be done? You have to have someone be your #1 option.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well then your only hope is either niko progressing to a stud or jimmy coming back earlier than expected. What else can be done? You have to have someone be your #1 option.
lie down and die!

I don't know.. Perhaps lessen the option of always going into Gasol.

The Bulls last night were also too busy looking for so many calls in a game (or quarter) where the refs weren't calling much of anything.

I mean I saw the Sixers commit 3 fouls in 30 seconds at one point and the refs didn't blink an eye.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lie down and die!

I don't know.. Perhaps lessen the option of always going into Gasol.

The Bulls last night were also too busy looking for so many calls in a game (or quarter) where the refs weren't calling much of anything.

I mean I saw the Sixers commit 3 fouls in 30 seconds at one point and the refs didn't blink an eye.
Bulls do get shafted on many calls. It's unfortunate, but it's also part of the game. Sadly, the Bulls also whine a lot to no avail. That doesn't help things.

In a game like yesterday's I can get dumping it into Gasol over and over to a certain degree. He's better than any big they have. However, combined with very heavy minutes, yes you do need to spread the offense out a bit more. Or you try to play him less minutes and spread the offense out that way. I think for the most part, Thibs is doing the latter and trying to play up Mirotic as a #1 option...at least for the bench.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
the problem with Gasol minutes is he plays for whole quarters

thibs could allocate minutes more evenly instead of in bulk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
the problem with Gasol minutes is he plays for whole quarters

thibs could allocate minutes more evenly instead riding them for long stretches
I can agree with this. He sort of did the same thing with Taj last year once he started benching Boozer a ton. Taj would basically play in two big 16 minute chunks. By the end of the second stint, of course he's tired. It'd be much easier going with four 8 minute stints or something like that to avoid this issue.

Derkach77

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;nCaRbVqNiuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCaRbVqNiuw[/video]

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The NBA regular season is weird. Take Detroit for example: team blows ass, dumps one player, and all of a sudden they go on a great win streak. Now they go back to blowing ass.

In short; regular season games don't mean shit.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;nCaRbVqNiuw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCaRbVqNiuw[/video]

Brooks looked like a young BG7 at :45 :crying: