Swing Analysis from the Back to back to back the other day

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Man, Soler is strong. He had a real compact swing on that inside fastball, and turned on it and drove it pretty far. It's going to be interesting to see how pitchers attack him, especially if he lays off the balls.

That whole back leg buckle to me is just weird to me when it comes to Baez. It seems like he's off balance. When you look at Bryant's swing, it seems like he has total control of his swing as opposed to Baez. It's just a thing of beauty to watch Bryant swing, imo.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This guy says some decent things. Soler's swing is excellent. There isn't anything choppy about it. That comment is just bizarre. Bryant's swing is excellent, although it's oppo, so looking at it is completely different than the other two, except for the start. Baez'? I think I could see him traded while he may still have value. I see little difference from last fall to this spring in his swing mechanics. I'd like to see Olt's swing and if he's made any true changes.

Grizzly

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Bryant's father work with Baez a couple of months to see if he can work his magic like he has with Kris and Joey Gallo.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soler doesnt have the same swing all the time. He can be really long as well. Bryant is short and compact. Little wasted motion. Baez swing is not his big issue. His timing of the swing. They arent trying to over haul his swing. His bat speed makes up for the quirks. He was having a timing issue that they are trying to eliminate some. No reason to trade him when you can be patient because of the MI depth you have. The Cubs seem to be thinking this route. His ceiling is to high when they can be patient with him.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Soler doesnt have the same swing all the time. He can be really long as well. Bryant is short and compact. Little wasted motion. Baez swing is not his big issue. His timing of the swing. They arent trying to over haul his swing. His bat speed makes up for the quirks. He was having a timing issue that they are trying to eliminate some. No reason to trade him when you can be patient because of the MI depth you have. The Cubs seem to be thinking this route. His ceiling is to high when they can be patient with him.
His (Baez) swing is more of a mess than just timing, IMHO. There is no wonder why his running start has to be so big. Its also indicates why he doesn't firm up the front side as much as other MLBers and how he makes adjustments to poorly timed pitches.

Liked Posts:
Man, Soler is strong. He had a real compact swing on that inside fastball, and turned on it and drove it pretty far. It's going to be interesting to see how pitchers attack him, especially if he lays off the balls.

That whole back leg buckle to me is just weird to me when it comes to Baez. It seems like he's off balance. When you look at Bryant's swing, it seems like he has total control of his swing as opposed to Baez. It's just a thing of beauty to watch Bryant swing, imo.

And you didn't even mention Bryant's intoxicating eyes.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts: