Trending: Stifling Defense

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And now Darling with a 25 save shut out. Just saying....eventually someone has to put up a crooked number but this has been crazy.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quick is hot right now. Somehow I see a rematch coming on IF the Kings reach the play-offs.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Quick is hot right now. Somehow I see a rematch coming on IF the Kings reach the play-offs.

Kings in general are hot right now, they look like the Kings that won cups.

Another match up is Exactly what I want. I have always been a fan of the Kings but thats not why I hope to see them in the playoffs again. Argument can be made that the Hawks and King have been the best NHL teams the last 5 years. Lets get these two teams again in the playoffs and settle who is the best!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With several more games showing this trend any more theories or opinions on specifics that have changed in the Blackhawks defense?

Every guy doing a little more mean better team? Especially defense?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

He's started the last 10 Kings games. 22 GA, which basically boils down to a 2.20 GAA for the team (2 SO in those 10 games), yet they're 5-3-2 in that span. More or less what the Blackhawks were experiencing in February with the lack of offense.
The D has helped by limiting how many pucks Quick sees. If he sees 30-40 shots, chances are they're heading into the loss column (he rarely sees more than 32 SOG).