From Hub's site - Bears 6 round mock

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Sutton I have no idea. Ego though could be a great 5tech. before I thought Houston-Ratliff-ego would make a good solid line. Now with Houston at OLB. I dont know who is going to be the second 5tech and who is going to be the back up olineman. But maybe sitton could work. Maybe if you put him at 5tech by the B gap. He can be good enough to shoot that gap.

Ego isn't built to take on OTs because he lacks length. Same with Ratliff, but his body probably can't hold up as a 2 gap NT at this point. And Sutton just isn't a fit anywhere. Strange as it sound, if Cornelius Washington could get up to 280-285 he'd be the best physical profile for 5 tech with his 34" arms. So, minus the draft, we might be looking at a DL of:

Base
LE - Ratliff
NT - Ferguson
RE - Washington

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless we pick up Vince Wilfork I don't see us ignoring the NT position in the first round. A WR would be nice but only if we get Vince.
I think Ratliff and Ego can cover the NT position. What we don't have are legit 5 tech DEs. If they trade back in the first I hope it's for Armstead.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is the year of CornWash

I'm not as worried about the outside where Cornwash would be playing as i am about the inside of the line. We have Ego and Sutton who are both rookies and neither showed much last year and we have Ratliff who when healthy is great but he's older and gets injured. We need to find some fatty boyz.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just realized the draft isn't until April 30th. It's March 13th.

Oye vey.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be ok with Hub's mock

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
I have Sutton at the 3 and Ferguson at the nose. The jury is still out on Ratliff because I like him better at the 3 but can play at nose. I think Houston will move to the 5.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I can't stomach the idea of a first round wide receiver.

Sent from under the tree of Yggdrasil.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have Sutton at the 3 and Ferguson at the nose. The jury is still out on Ratliff because I like him better at the 3 but can play at nose. I think Houston will move to the 5.

Sutton will be situational at best....depends how often the use 4 down lineman.

They have Ratliff at 3-4 DE

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I can stomach it if it is Amari Cooper

Cooper and White are both nice prospects, but with the Bears QB situation heading back to flux, and them moving to a more conservative offense, and the historical badness of rookie wide receivers I would feel better if they drafted a lineman or
linebacker.

Sent from under the tree of Yggdrasil.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cobb can ball. If he makes it to the 3rd, I would take him too. Minnesota had no threat of a pass and he always produced big numbers in the big ten. Very impressive.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
i agree. i think both white and cooper are excellent prospects and if either are clearly the best prospect on the board, i'm fine with the bears taking them. that said, i don't think you need two #1 receivers to be successful. personally, i don't value receivers as much as many people seem to. also, this is a deep draft at the position. great value throughout the first 3 rounds especially if you're looking for a complimentary piece.

even if they do go receiver at 7, i don't think there's any way they come out of this draft without at least one down lineman.
I love receivers, have my whole life. And I'd be thrilled with either of those two.

But you're right, recent history shows you don't need stud #1s to win the SB. Patriots, Seahawks, Ravens, Packers, etc.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The only way this regime can even begin to reinstill the slightest faith is by drafting a QB in the first 3 rounds.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I just believe that White or Cooper are better than the d talent that will be on the board at 7. If Pace follows what he said of taking the best player then there is a good chance he will draft receiver in round 1.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I like that Nate Orchard pick. He played defensive end in college but he had almost 20 sacks last season.