My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From Kevin Fishbain...

"What will the Chicago Bears do, not just at pick No. 7 of the first round, but through the rest of the draft?

This is a first pass-through at what the Bears could do in the first six rounds. Mock Drafts are more for fun and conversation than anything else and we hope you’ll have a blast with ours. But please keep in mind they will continue to change several more times between now and the draft.

Round 1. WR Kevin White, West Virginia: The best player on the board allows Ryan Pace to give the Bears' offense an immediate contributor and playmaker to pair with Alshon Jeffery. White has the size-speed-athleticism combination to be very productive in the NFL.

Round 2. OLB Nate Orchard, Utah: You can never have enough pass rushers. Orchard has desirable length, 50 games of college experience, and he led the country with 18.5 sacks last season. He can begin his career as a situational pass rusher.

Round 3. RB David Cobb, Minnesota: Ka'Deem Carey will need some competition. Cobb is a strong, between-the-tackles runner. He had a fantastic senior season at Minnesota and has the skill set to complement Matt Forte well. He is adept as a pass catcher as well.

Round 4. S/CB Eric Rowe, Utah: With needs in the secondary at both corner and safety, Pace and Fox take the versatile, long and fluid athlete who had 13 pass breakups last year for the Utes as a corner. Rowe has 45 career starts.

Round 5. ILB Jake Ryan, Michigan: In San Francisco, Vic Fangio had a Big Ten linebacker considered to be limited athletically in Chris Borland, and Borland shined for the 49ers. Ryan's not at that level, but he has better size and can be a special-teams ace to start."

Round Six is in the link. Hub has them picking Cooper in his round one mock.

http://www.chicagofootball.com/2015/03/11/kevin-fishbain-chicago-bears-2015-nfl-mock-draft-1-0/apatwr0/

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
i find it hard to believe the bears will completely ignore the defensive line.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

If they go White or Cooper at 7, I would guess they stay on D for at least the next three picks unless an incredible option on offense is staring them in the face.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
If they go White or Cooper at 7, I would guess they stay on D for at least the next three picks unless an incredible option on offense is staring them in the face.

i agree. i think both white and cooper are excellent prospects and if either are clearly the best prospect on the board, i'm fine with the bears taking them. that said, i don't think you need two #1 receivers to be successful. personally, i don't value receivers as much as many people seem to. also, this is a deep draft at the position. great value throughout the first 3 rounds especially if you're looking for a complimentary piece.

even if they do go receiver at 7, i don't think there's any way they come out of this draft without at least one down lineman.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
who is too say Sutton and ferguson wont do well on the line in a 3-4

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
quit fooling yourself, Sutton is da man on that line

sutton will be lucky to be on the team come training camp. couldn't be a worse fit for this defense. alligator armed 3 technique with no positional/scheme versatility. at best he's a rotational lineman.

Svic

Liked Posts:
I like this draft. I do hope that maybe they draft a 5tech or a OL in the 3rd round though.

Svic

Liked Posts:

Sutton I have no idea. Ego though could be a great 5tech. before I thought Houston-Ratliff-ego would make a good solid line. Now with Houston at OLB. I dont know who is going to be the second 5tech and who is going to be the back up olineman. But maybe sitton could work. Maybe if you put him at 5tech by the B gap. He can be good enough to shoot that gap.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

well they're different players and different cases.

my issue with ferguson is that i just don't think he's any good. thought he was a huge reach by emery and was totally unimpressed with him as a rookie. that said, he could possibly play nose in this scheme. but like sutton he's got short arms and doesn't really profile to the outside. if he were to play to his "potential" i think he's a two down nose tackle.

sutton is, in my mind, very limited. he's a one gap 3 technique. that's it. i'm not sure how good he is either. he might have a role, but nothing about his skill set fits with anything fangio has done in the past.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I like that draft but think to early for a rb 4th or later imo

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Yeah...not to mention the offensive line. Fox specifically stated he believes in building the football team from the inside out on both sides of the ball. The offensive and defensive line won't be ignored.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
This is the year of CornWash

he's definitely an outside linebacker in fangio's scheme. could be a surprise player there but he's not going to be a down lineman in their base defense.

Mpov22

Liked Posts:
he's definitely an outside linebacker in fangio's scheme. could be a surprise player there but he's not going to be a down lineman in their base defense.

Lol I was kidding. I was actually surprised he was still on the roster. Maybe he will be as good as he was in Madden. I know he was playing on special teams

Legaeveth

Liked Posts:
Unless we pick up Vince Wilfork I don't see us ignoring the NT position in the first round. A WR would be nice but only if we get Vince.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Yeah...not to mention the offensive line. Fox specifically stated he believes in building the football team from the inside out on both sides of the ball. The offensive and defensive line won't be ignored.

no, they definitely won't. in fact, i'm guessing it's going to be mostly "big guys" in the draft. starting to think shelton or armstead at 7/trade down in the first. i'd say offensive tackles are in the mix there but i think the top of the class at that position are mediocre prospects.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
sutton will be lucky to be on the team come training camp. couldn't be a worse fit for this defense. alligator armed 3 technique with no positional/scheme versatility. at best he's a rotational lineman.

shhh, i was fishing for BIFF

fail-gif-fish.gif

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The prospect of landing White really gets me pumped up for the draft! He'd be an awesome pick!