CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I was wrong. I took a guess this would be the scene where she calls him a scruffy nerf herder and kisses Luke. :D

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The original Trek is good, The only one I really didn't get into was DS9

In Vegas I was Sean Luc's great, great, great, great, great grandfather for Star Trek the Experience.
I didn't get into DS9, but you would like the episode "Take Me Out to the Holosuite".

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
:( Nope. Gotta get off cable
Bummer. Well I won't give up the ending, but let's just say that the crew of DS9 takes on a bunch of Vulcans in a game of baseball. :D

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I am a Trekkie...although I enjoy Star Wars and unlike many I enjoyed the 3 prequels, too.

A trekkie and a cubs fan.

b1e5df7a-9937-49d0-be56-502f36c77ba3.jpg~original

:rimshot:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hahn has done his job to perfection if you ask me, and everyone has taken notice. That article was a good read.

I think with the history of injuries with top Chicago athletes, health is always a concern. Of course the "next man up" mentality is the reality, but there is a reason that player is the next man up the vast majority of the time. They are usually not as good as the guy who went out. This rebuilding process is not complete still, but at least we have a real future to look forward to with Hahn showing he knows how to put a team together.

That is for sure. The next man up stuff really doesn't occur in sports to any great extent in sports like baseball and basketball when it comes to the top guys. The drop off in talent is too severe. If the Sox lose Chis Sale, the team will suffer mightily. If the Dodgers lost Kershaw, the same thing. There really is a luck factor in sports and the biggest luck factor is avoiding injuries which is luck.

I like what Hahn has done thus far but he still needs to go out and get another quality starting pitcher because the back of the rotation for the Sox is weak. They also need another quality reliever. I shudder to think of Penny and Danks in the rotation. Reinsdorf needs to open up his wallet and let Hahn do his thing.

But, other than pitching, I think the position players are deep and solid. I love the new found middle infield strength and I am less concerned than I was before about the catching. I think that although not very good, it is probably adequate for now.

I think that an 80-85 win season is likely as it stand right now. With an addition of another good starter and a proven late inning guy, they could actually win a weak division.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This might be the perfect example of how not to be on a baseball board. Star Trek? Wookies? Ridiculous.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Why don't you just sign up at White Sox Interactive? Uptight, old, angry for little reason, no fun peeps like you who like to play fake/armchair moderator is that site's and board's target audience.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why don't you just sign up at White Sox Interactive? Uptight, old, angry for little reason, no fun peeps like you who like to play fake/armchair moderator is that site's and board's target audience.

Lets see, Zig, Undisputed and I were talking about trying to get baseball talk going on this board and on a thread talking about GM Hahn and what he and the Sox have done and what they still need to do, you and another couple of Cubbie fans prefer to discuss Wookies, Trekies,etc. Well......I guess that I can get it since the Cubs are such a shit team and organization. Please say high to Princess Leah at your next convention.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Lets see, Zig, Undisputed and I were talking about trying to get baseball talk going on this board and on a thread talking about GM Hahn and what he and the Sox have done and what they still need to do, you and another couple of Cubbie fans prefer to discuss Wookies, Trekies,etc. Well......I guess that I can get it since the Cubs are such a shit team and organization. Please say high to Princess Leah at your next convention.

Yeah, and it's a great strategy to insult the people that do come here. :smh: Get over yourself Dude!