South Side Shake-Up: How the White Sox Rebuilt and Reloaded in Just 18 Months

justaChifan

Liked Posts:
I hope when the season starts, things get better on CCS Baseball boards.
This could be a good year for both sides of town.
Fanboys and Fratboys will be what they are.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, and it's a great strategy to insult the people that do come here. :smh: Get over yourself Dude!

You worry about yourself. I care less about what you think about how I chose to interact with people including yourself. Undisputed appears to me to be a pretty smart baseball guy and I respect his insight on the White Sox and baseball in general. There are others also who appear to also have some good opinions. But to expect me to "respect" someone who bloviates about the little Cubbies or loves a Wookie or something then go piss off. Don;t bother me with your drivel.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Hi. What do you think? Jump in and add some ideas or opinions. But PLEASE, PLEASE, don't opine about who does Princess Leah's hair or is Chewie gels regularly.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
You worry about yourself. I care less about what you think about how I chose to interact with people including yourself. Undisputed appears to me to be a pretty smart baseball guy and I respect his insight on the White Sox and baseball in general. There are others also who appear to also have some good opinions. But to expect me to "respect" someone who bloviates about the little Cubbies or loves a Wookie or something then go piss off. Don;t bother me with your drivel.

LOL more comedy from 'The Hawk'. The only one that is bloviating is YOU, with an emphasis on 'blow'. Firstly, I never said anything about a 'wookie', but who cares. Did a wookie butt**** you at an early age or something?

Furthermore, part of having a respectful baseball forum in Chicago, is respecting the other team on the other side of town. You sir, are an embarrassment to Sox fans. You can't make a single post w/o belittling Cubs fans and the Cubs team.

I don't think you have to like the Cubs at all, that's your right as a baseball fan, but you damb well better start respecting them, cuz they're coming. Yes, they have been poorly run in the past, I'll be the first to admit that. But not anymore. The Cubs are for real whether you like it or not.

And your constant insulting of Cubs fans..... who the heck are you to say the things you say? You don't know me, or anything about me. Your contradicting yourself by stating that you want this 'wholly' atmosphere on the forums, but then you start insulting Cubs fans on the other side of your statement.

To me, your just a narcissist who thinks he's better than other people. That usually shows weak character, imo. Guess what, you're not better than other people here, and you're not nearly as smart as you think you are. As a matter of fact, most of your posts border on moronic.

Lastly, the only guy that's stinking up the Sox forum is YOU. A Cubs fan has every right to come here and talk baseball, just like the Sox fans the come to the Cubs forum. Unfortunately, a troll is a troll, and you sir, are the worst kind of troll, imo. One that actually thinks he's saying something important.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:

Now I agree with this. I don't see why we both can't put the BS behind us and actually enjoy some good baseball for a change. But we must also walk the walk. Personally, I can't think of anything cooler than a possible Chicago WS, could you imagine......?

It's an inter league rivalry. There is going to be some smack talking. That's normal competitiveness, but we don't have to make disgusting insults to a fanbase to do this. Saying all of fanbase are idiots, etc. is not the way to be.

However, a little smack talk is OK, like how about those Cubbies beating the Sox yesterday 10-7 with our big hitters on the bench? :smug2:

#gocubs

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Now I agree with this. I don't see why we both can't put the BS behind us and actually enjoy some good baseball for a change. But we must also walk the walk. Personally, I can't think of anything cooler than a possible Chicago WS, could you imagine......?

It's an inter league rivalry. There is going to be some smack talking. That's normal competitiveness, but we don't have to make disgusting insults to a fanbase to do this. Saying all of fanbase are idiots, etc. is not the way to be.

However, a little smack talk is OK, like how about those Cubbies beating the Sox yesterday 10-7 with our big hitters on the bench? :smug2:

#gocubs
Are you for real? Smack talking a ST game????? The stereo type will never go away for you Cub Fans.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't think you have to like the Cubs at all, that's your right as a baseball fan, but you damb well better start respecting them, cuz they're coming. Yes, they have been poorly run in the past, I'll be the first to admit that. But not anymore. The Cubs are for real whether you like it or not.

Respect is earned not given like you are doing. So far they've earned nothing.

A Cubs fan has every right to come here and talk baseball, just like the Sox fans the come to the Cubs forum.
100% agreement.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Lets see, Zig, Undisputed and I were talking about trying to get baseball talk going on this board and on a thread talking about GM Hahn and what he and the Sox have done and what they still need to do, you and another couple of Cubbie fans prefer to discuss Wookies, Trekies,etc. Well......I guess that I can get it since the Cubs are such a shit team and organization. Please say high to Princess Leah at your next convention.

The best Sox talk (when we do talk about them) is at SoxHaps. And no, you are not invited.

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Are you for real? Smack talking a ST game????? The stereo type will never go away for you Cub Fans.

Oh relax Brett, I was trying to make a point, and I used that as an example. It fit well since they just played for the 1st time this year yesterday, right? I don't think anyone puts too much into a ST game where all the starters are not playing.

This is what I'm talking about tho. I used one small example, and you immediately wanted to insult the entire Cubs fanbase. :smh:

The difference between me and you is that I won't hold your dumb insult against the entire Sox fanbase, I'll just chalk it up to another dumb comment from YOU. :dunno:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Oh relax Brett, I was trying to make a point, and I used that as an example. It fit well since they just played for the 1st time this year yesterday, right? I don't think anyone puts too much into a ST game where all the starters are not playing.

This is what I'm talking about tho. I used one small example, and you immediately wanted to insult the entire Cubs fanbase. :smh:

The difference between me and you is that I won't hold your dumb insult against the entire Sox fanbase, I'll just chalk it up to another dumb comment from YOU. :dunno:

Way to not read correctly again. I did not insult the entire Cub Fan base with that post

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Way to not read correctly again. I did not insult the entire Cub Fan base with that post

And exactly how am I supposed to take this comment? "The stereo type will never go away for you Cub Fans." :dunno:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL more comedy from 'The Hawk'. The only one that is bloviating is YOU, with an emphasis on 'blow'. Firstly, I never said anything about a 'wookie', but who cares. Did a wookie butt**** you at an early age or something?

Furthermore, part of having a respectful baseball forum in Chicago, is respecting the other team on the other side of town. You sir, are an embarrassment to Sox fans. You can't make a single post w/o belittling Cubs fans and the Cubs team.

And your constant insulting of Cubs fans..... who the heck are you to say the things you say? You don't know me, or anything about me. Your contradicting yourself by stating that you want this 'wholly' atmosphere on the forums, but then you start insulting Cubs fans on the other side of your statement.

To me, your just a narcissist who thinks he's better than other people. That usually shows weak character, imo. Guess what, you're not better than other people here, and you're not nearly as smart as you think you are. As a matter of fact, most of your posts border on moronic.

Lastly, the only guy that's stinking up the Sox forum is YOU. A Cubs fan has every right to come here and talk baseball, just like the Sox fans the come to the Cubs forum. Unfortunately, a troll is a troll, and you sir, are the worst kind of troll, imo. One that actually thinks he's saying something important.

Uh........ this board is named a White Sox Board is it not? I believe that fans other than White Sox fans that come on this board are trolls and trolls deserve to be insulted any old time that they criticize or insult or inanely comment on this board. So, BP, I do not follow what you perceive to be the treatment that ought to be given to Cub Fans. So, go F..k Off. I give a crap about what you think of me and your insults of me. You do not count. You are not as smart as I am. You are not relevant to anything. I find all of your drivel about "respect" for Cubs fans and my being a narcissist of all things, I find hilarious. So again.....Go F k off.

For the record, I have never gone onto another fan board in any sport that was not relative to my team. So, these Cubbie fans can go have themselves a merry old time talking about whatever goes on in the minds of people who do not know much about the sport that they are talking about and who then blabber about Klingos or Wookies, or Smurfs for that matter. If Sox fans want to go onto their site to talk or talk shit, then that's fine by me. But that is not my thing and I am not going to be "governed" by whatever stupid ass rules that you think should be handed out on how to talk with inferior beings, namely Cubs fans.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The best Sox talk (when we do talk about them) is at SoxHaps. And no, you are not invited.

Tough shit. I just may go there to piss you off. Thanks for the invite:)

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
Uh........ this board is named a White Sox Board is it not? I believe that fans other than White Sox fans that come on this board are trolls and trolls deserve to be insulted any old time that they criticize or insult or inanely comment on this board. So, BP, I do not follow what you perceive to be the treatment that ought to be given to Cub Fans. So, go F..k Off. I give a crap about what you think of me and your insults of me. You do not count. You are not as smart as I am. You are not relevant to anything. I find all of your drivel about "respect" for Cubs fans and my being a narcissist of all things, I find hilarious. So again.....Go F k off.

For the record, I have never gone onto another fan board in any sport that was not relative to my team. So, these Cubbie fans can go have themselves a merry old time talking about whatever goes on in the minds of people who do not know much about the sport that they are talking about and who then blabber about Klingos or Wookies, or Smurfs for that matter. If Sox fans want to go onto their site to talk or talk shit, then that's fine by me. But that is not my thing and I am not going to be "governed" by whatever stupid ass rules that you think should be handed out on how to talk with inferior beings, namely Cubs fans.

Everything you say is a contradiction. "you don't want to be governed?" LOLOLOL. Yet you will tell me where to post as well as what to post. You really are a joke Hawk, and it is YOU that stinks up any forum you go to. :smh:

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
That because of some Cub Fans the stereotype does not leave

Why? Cuz I made a small joke about the Cubs beating the Sox in a ST game as I was making a point to Hawk? You guys are pathetic. This, as well as any forum, would be 100x better if you two guys would disappear, imo, just like DewsSox did.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Why? Cuz I made a small joke about the Cubs beating the Sox in a ST game as I was making a point to Hawk? You guys are pathetic. This, as well as any forum, would be 100x better if you two guys would disappear, imo, just like DewsSox did.

So instead of admitting your joke stunk, you're a meatball or both you attack. You don't deserve what Hawk did but you are getting almost as bad....glad you weren't around until the offseason

Bear Pride

Liked Posts:
So instead of admitting your joke stunk, you're a meatball or both you attack. You don't deserve what Hawk did but you are getting almost as bad....glad you weren't around until the offseason

It shouldn't be that big of a deal Brett. You made it a big deal. That's what you don't get. You could have given me a little smack talk back, but instead, you had to say something negative about Cubs fans. THAT is what has to stop.