Islanders @ Blackhawks IGT 3/17 @ 7:30 p.m.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Is it safe to say the offensive slump is over?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fun game to watch. Of course Shaw's penalty was stewpid, but why no calls on the punch he took to the face earlier in the game and the cross checks right before the head butt?
It's gotta be frustrating to get beat on like that with nothing called. I could see how frustration could build.

Before Variable has an aneurism, I'm not condoning what he did in the least. Just pointing out some B.S. that led to it.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I thought that headbutt was fucking hilarious. And yeah, he did take 4 or 5 consecutive crosschecks just prior to it. At some point you have to do something to stand up to that kind of goonery, probably shouldn't go with a headbutt though.

[video=youtube;R2lllIQlELw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2lllIQlELw[/video]

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My sources say there will be no suspension coming Shaw's way. They are saying Shaw was only getting even for the uncalled cross checks prior to the head butt. They went on to say if anything, the ref that stood and watched the cross checks and failed to blow his whistle will be getting a little phone call from Stephane.

Last edited:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My sources say there will be no suspension coming Shaw's way. They are saying Shaw was only getting even for the uncalled cross checks prior to the head butt. They went on to say if anything, the ref that stood and watched the cross checks and failed to blow his whistle will be getting a little phone call from Brendan.

If true, that's awesome. They (refs) need some accountability.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Awesome game. only dumb thing was Shaw's penalty. I understand the why, but a headbutt? Probably hurts he team more than, say, a facewash or a suckerpunch.
And, once again, we have to wonder why it took this fucking long to put them back together. Mind boggling....
I think the mentality was that if Q spreads out the scoring, it prevents one line from being shut down. STH was on fire but if they get shut down can SVV, BRS, or DKT have the firepower to score one more than the opposition?

Personally I agree. The line should have been put back together a long time ago, but I think I understand why Q Q'ed--just not how long it took him to realize that it was an excercize in futility.
If true, that's awesome. They (refs) need some accountability.
Agreed. I think the biggest problem in all sports is that the officials are considered publically infallible. If an official screws the pooch from a fan's perspective nothing happens to them.

I personaly would like to see a little more transparency in handling the officials.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
My sources say there will be no suspension coming Shaw's way. They are saying Shaw was only getting even for the uncalled cross checks prior to the head butt. They went on to say if anything, the ref that stood and watched the cross checks and failed to blow his whistle will be getting a little phone call from Brendan.

Why would the president of the Maple Leafs make that ruling?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jonathan Toews, who lit a fire under his ass?

TCD

Liked Posts:
I know there's a lot of concern about the Hawks defensive depth, and with good reason, but the penalty kill has been pretty fucking awesome this year. And that gives me a ton of hope.

As much as we fans bitch about the Hawks powerplay this year and previous years I think we all agree that a great PK trumps a great PP. Would still be nice to have both as that would make this team unstoppable but if I had to chose one over the other I would take the pk.