Do you believe the Bulls should TRADE Taj Gibson in Off-Season?

Noshayah DaMuzikbox

Liked Posts:
This is something I have thought long and hard about, and why it would be wise, I'm interested to see how everyone else feels about it though.

I believe with Taj turning 30 in June, NOW would be the best time to get fair value for his talents and services. Pau will still be around for a few years, and the way Niko is developing the Bulls would be wise not to stunt his growth. The same goes with Mike Dunleavy Jr, and Doug McDermott (but that's a whole other story).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Taj on the Bulls, and am thankful for all he has done for the Bulls, but I think his ceiling as a bench player is MAXED OUT!!! He needs to go somewhere where he can start, possibly the New York Knicks, the Nets, maybe even a team out West, anywhere his ability as a Defensive ANCHOR, and low post presence could be used more often, and he can truly max out his capabilities. There are plenty teams that could use Taj's talents. The Bulls will have to sign Jimmy Butler (probably the MAX), Noah contract issues will arise after next season as well. And you never know what will happen with Derrick Rose (via health issues).

The Bulls have options, I look around and could see them packaging Taj, and Dunleavy somewhere else before it's too late... especially considering their age, with the Front Office seeking a new DIRECTION, especially if the team doesn't win a Championship this season, and if the mainstream media push of the Bulls parting ways with Thibs comes to fruition. Get value for players before it's too late, and look to the future.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As far as I am concerned ANY player on the Bulls is tradeable, including GIbson. And certainly with the emergence of Mirotic, either Gibson or Gasol is expendable. personally, I would prefer that they trade Gasol, though. His contract would be very attractive to contending teams and they likely could fetch a bit more value back because he is the better offensive weapon.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Yes, I would trade him. Not for anything, and not some fire sale tactic. But he's the most expendable player on this team with some actual trade value.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yes

Niko is ready...no need to stunt his growth by not knowing when to move on from other players

Liked Posts:
This is something I have thought long and hard about, and why it would be wise, I'm interested to see how everyone else feels about it though.

I believe with Taj turning 30 in June, NOW would be the best time to get fair value for his talents and services. Pau will still be around for a few years, and the way Niko is developing the Bulls would be wise not to stunt his growth. The same goes with Mike Dunleavy Jr, and Doug McDermott (but that's a whole other story).

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Taj on the Bulls, and am thankful for all he has done for the Bulls, but I think his ceiling as a bench player is MAXED OUT!!! He needs to go somewhere where he can start, possibly the New York Knicks, the Nets, maybe even a team out West, anywhere his ability as a Defensive ANCHOR, and low post presence could be used more often, and he can truly max out his capabilities. There are plenty teams that could use Taj's talents. The Bulls will have to sign Jimmy Butler (probably the MAX), Noah contract issues will arise after next season as well. And you never know what will happen with Derrick Rose (via health issues).

The Bulls have options, I look around and could see them packaging Taj, and Dunleavy somewhere else before it's too late... especially considering their age, with the Front Office seeking a new DIRECTION, especially if the team doesn't win a Championship this season, and if the mainstream media push of the Bulls parting ways with Thibs comes to fruition. Get value for players before it's too late, and look to the future.

It's easy to say they should trade him for something of value. But what is that exactly? What's fair value for Taj?

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
A trade is good for Taj and the Bulls, so yes definitely. He's a starter in most teams so definitely get something for him.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
It's easy to say they should trade him for something of value. But what is that exactly? What's fair value for Taj?
Good question. He's got 4 years/38 million, so that's nothing crazy. It's seems reasonable to me at least.

Bulls would be smart to trade for some picks. Always good to have picks. This team has some young pieces, so it wouldn't be a rebuild.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Taj should be traded for some picks..even if they are in the 20's.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Yes, this off-season will be the right time to trade Taj.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, this off-season will be the right time to trade Taj.

It would also be the right time to trade Gasol, Dunleavy, Rose and any other player on their roster.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes, I would trade him. Not for anything, and not some fire sale tactic. But he's the most expendable player on this team with some actual trade value.

So Gasol is not "expendable"? Why is that? Why can't they trade Gasol?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yes

Niko is ready...no need to stunt his growth by not knowing when to move on from other players

Mirotic's future, to me is at the 3 and not the 4. Mirotic will be a dominant small forward in the NBA. He will out physical any three in the NBA offensively and more than hold his own defensively as well. I think that he would be wasted at the 4. He is way too athletic for the 4.

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Mirotic's future, to me is at the 3 and not the 4. Mirotic will be a dominant small forward in the NBA. He will out physical any three in the NBA offensively and more than hold his own defensively as well. I think that he would be wasted at the 4. He is way too athletic for the 4.

giphy.gif

you have no clue what you're talking about

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I completely disagree. He's a 4. In the mold of Dirk or Ryan Anderson. He has no business being a 3.

Sent from the year 1885 via Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
giphy.gif

you have no clue what you're talking about

Oh. Really? I love it when someone like you says this kind of shit. Because it is YOU who really cannot see the TALENT that a particular player possesses. Mirotic is as quick at 6'10" as most of the 6'7" small forwards in the NBA. When have you seen 6'10" players stand at the three point circle, make one move and take ANYONE who decides to guard him to the basket and be unable to stop him? He is pretty much unstoppable at the three. He can pass over the small guys who are pretty much all of them. He can shoot over all of them. He has the athletic skill to shield the ball away from them and take it to the basket.

So. We will see but this guy is wasted as a four. He will be a many time all-star at the three. Basically he will be a taller Scottie Pippin. Able to pretty much dictate to the defense. How do they stop him? When has a power forward done that? I am talking about Larry Bird and Scottie Pippen, not Karl Malone and Tim Duncan.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I completely disagree. He's a 4. In the mold of Dirk or Ryan Anderson. He has no business being a 3.

Sent from the year 1885 via Tapatalk

Maybe later into his career he would play a four but not now, He is way more athletic than Dirk at the same age. Dirk could no way handle the ball like Mirotic can and Anderson is no way the player that Mirotic is right now athletically. I just see big time stardom for the guy at the point forward spot.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
It would also be the right time to trade Gasol, Dunleavy, Rose and any other player on their roster.

Dunleavy yes but Gasol and Rose aren't going anywhere.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, they should trade Gibson who is a power forward and replace him with Mirotic? Question?

What is a four in the NBA? IS Gibson? What qualities does a four possess in the NBA? Think abou this for a second. What is a four? Should Mirotic bulk up to battle the hulks at the four in the NBA or stay where he is and totally dominate the smaller threes who cannot even begin to defend him?

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Oh. Really? I love it when someone like you says this kind of shit. Because it is YOU who really cannot see the TALENT that a particular player possesses. Mirotic is as quick at 6'10" as most of the 6'7" small forwards in the NBA. When have you seen 6'10" players stand at the three point circle, make one move and take ANYONE who decides to guard him to the basket and be unable to stop him? He is pretty much unstoppable at the three. He can pass over the small guys who are pretty much all of them. He can shoot over all of them. He has the athletic skill to shield the ball away from them and take it to the basket.

So. We will see but this guy is wasted as a four. He will be a many time all-star at the three. Basically he will be a taller Scottie Pippin. Able to pretty much dictate to the defense. How do they stop him? When has a power forward done that? I am talking about Larry Bird and Scottie Pippen, not Karl Malone and Tim Duncan.

SYGwA97.gif

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dunleavy yes but Gasol and Rose aren't going anywhere.

Why is Gasol not going anywhere? Is it in his contract? If it isn't why should he not be able to be traded? I wouldn't put him on anykind of pedestal. He is a valuable commodity to be traded just as Gibson is but Gibson is younger. I just do not see this hands off trading Gasol logic unless it is contractual.