Do you believe the Bulls should TRADE Taj Gibson in Off-Season?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Good post but I am talking about what Mirotic will do offensively which is totally dominate at the three instead of trying to bang with the mooses at the four. Yeah he will suffer defensively trying to guard the smaller threes in a lot of cases but so what. He won't guard those kind of guys, Butler will. Butler on defense will match up with the best opposing SF or SG. Mirotic will be more or less free lancing or poaching the passing lanes like Bird or the other bigger slower SFs did.

But as it also applies to defense, I don't want Mirotic guarding fours getting the crap pounded by them. I don't want him bulking up to handle the pounding that centers and PFs will dish out to him. I'd rather see him improve on his quickness and ball handling and help defense where he can totally dismantle the smaller guys that try to guard him.

I get where you are coming from, I just disagree. I don't want niko giving up easy baskets to 3's when its not necessary to do so. let him play the 4, put on a lil muscle this offseason and go to work. he kills most 4's with his quickness, which he cant do to most 3's...and this applies to both offense and defense. love the kid and him and butler are our future obviously, but he is a 4 that can play some spot minutes at the 3....put your players in the best position to succeed, not to just squeeze a few extra minutes per game out of him

again though just my opinion, you have your own views on the matter :shrug: