Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell 7m7 minutes ago
Bears are scheduled to host Louisville's DeVante Parker early this week, continuing due diligence on top WRs. They might draft one. Or not.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Todd Gurley - RB - Bulldogs
NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah thinks the Vikings could take Georgia RB Todd Gurley in Round 1 if they trade Adrian Peterson prior to the draft.
"If you lose a running back, I'm going to go ahead and replace him with a running back in Todd Gurley," Jeremiah said. "He is a special talent and one of the best running backs we've seen come into the league in quite some time. I'd take him right here at No. 11 and plug him in to watch him and Teddy Bridgewater grow on offense together as the future of this football team." Jeremiah ranks Gurley No. 12 player overall, right around the Vikings' No. 11 pick. Jeremiah sees Minnesota drafting offense in that slot even if they don't take a runner. "DeVante Parker and you are making high fives with that selection," he said. "Reunites him with Teddy Bridgewater and you saw how effective they were together (at Louisville)."
Source: NFL.com Apr 18 - 6:57 PM

that would suck if he goes to the Vikings...have to play gurley and lacy twice a year :(

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Does anyone have any comments on any of these sleeper picks like the Georgia QB Hutson Mason??

http://b.bm324.com/public/?q=ulink&...d.UL1J..l8YR.b..l.AptL.n.VTVJaQ.VTVJaQ.wY3OJQ

Meh. Huston Mason, I believe, was pretty highly recruited and he only got to play 1 year due to Aaron Murray. But he didn't show much this past season. Very very developmental player. UDFA and not even a priority type UDFA.

Ekpre Olomu isn't really a sleeper, he's more of a steal waiting to happen. He's a 1st round talent IMO. Was my favorite CB in 2013, but didn't come out. Struggled against bigger WRs when he was healthy this year, but he's a guy that's going to follow fast WRs around the field and really compete. His tape vs Cooks was excellent in 2013.

Zenner is a really good player. Underrated runner. I'd really like him.

Titus Davis is going to get compared to Antonio Brown due to his school and stats he put up. But he's not really draftable. Not special in any area and has tiny hands for a 6'2 WR.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears are scheduled to host Louisville's DeVante Parker early this week, continuing due diligence on top WRs. They might draft one. Or not.

Could easily end up being the best WR in this class when all is said and done.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Meh. Huston Mason, I believe, was pretty highly recruited and he only got to play 1 year due to Aaron Murray. But he didn't show much this past season. Very very developmental player. UDFA and not even a priority type UDFA.

Ekpre Olomu isn't really a sleeper, he's more of a steal waiting to happen. He's a 1st round talent IMO. Was my favorite CB in 2013, but didn't come out. Struggled against bigger WRs when he was healthy this year, but he's a guy that's going to follow fast WRs around the field and really compete. His tape vs Cooks was excellent in 2013.

Zenner is a really good player. Underrated runner. I'd really like him.

Titus Davis is going to get compared to Antonio Brown due to his school and stats he put up. But he's not really draftable. Not special in any area and has tiny hands for a 6'2 WR.

Yeah Ekpre Olomu would of been a 1st round pick if not for the injury for sure so if someone gets this kid in the 3rd round it will be a steal even with the injury.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Owamagbe Odighizuwa - DL - Bruins
UCLA edge rusher Owamagbe Odighizuwa "is very similar to [MSU's Preston] Smith in that he is a strong run defender who could play either left defensive end in a 4-3 front or 5-technique in a 3-4 defense," writes ESPN's Todd McShay.
McShay ranks Owa No. 52 overall, ahead of the more heralded Mario Edwards Jr. of Florida State (62). We've been higher on Odighizuwa throughout the process and remain so. You simply don't see many prospects who can covert speed to power in this way, and, as a bonus, can play in both even and odd man fronts. We aren't privy to all the NFL's medical information, but you can bet teams will quadruple-check Owa's hip before pulling the trigger.
Source: ESPN Insider Apr 18 - 8:40 PM

NO WAY that Owa guy......... ARe you kidding me? Imagine how many tries it would take the Clubhouse guy to get the spelling of that name right on his locker and his jerseys?? You've gotta think these kind of things through carefully, fellows:)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
@LanceZierlein: Based on what I've heard, P Dawson will not be 1st ILB off draft board, M.Morse is shooting up boards & K.Johnson goes ahead of J.Collins

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Aaron Leming @AaronLemingNFL · 5h 5 hours ago
Former 4th round pick QB Tyler Wilson announces that he will work out with the #Bears at next week's mini camp."

TheDane

Liked Posts:
@LanceZierlein: Based on what I've heard, P Dawson will not be 1st ILB off draft board, M.Morse is shooting up boards & K.Johnson goes ahead of J.Collins

At least two of those things really isn't breaking news. It's been a long time since I've seen anyone have Dawson as their #1 ILB taken in the draft, and Kevin Johnson also regularly goes ahead of Collins in mocks.

Morse's stock being on the rise was also pretty well known, even though I didn't know that he was "shooting up boards".

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jeff Dickerson ‏@ESPNChiBears 1m1 minute ago
Kiper describes pass-rushers the #Bears might consider at No. 7 as "risky." Feels Kevin White/Amari Copper more of a sure thing.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kiper describes pass-rushers the #Bears might consider at No. 7 as "risky." Feels Kevin White/Amari Copper more of a sure thing.

I agree.

Williams
Cooper
White

That's what I want, one of them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everyone needs to prepare themselves that Cooper or White will be easily the BPA when the Bears are on the clock.

Who knows if they pick them.

@ESPNChiBears: Kiper describes pass-rushers the #Bears might consider at No. 7 as "risky." Feels Kevin White/Amari Copper more of a sure thing.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
everyone needs to prepare themselves that cooper or white will be easily the bpa when the bears are on the clock.

@espnchibears: Kiper describes pass-rushers the #bears might consider at no. 7 as "risky." feels kevin white/amari copper more of a sure thing.

agree

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Everyone needs to prepare themselves that Cooper or White will be easily the BPA when the Bears are on the clock.

@ESPNChiBears: Kiper describes pass-rushers the #Bears might consider at No. 7 as "risky." Feels Kevin White/Amari Copper more of a sure thing.

I've prepped myself for a thousand scenarios. I just dont want a "What the fuck....." scenario.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

I'll bet Dupree is in that mix. I heard weeks ago on Jim Miller's XM show that the Saints are high on him. I doubt the apple falls far from the tree.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
"Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 4h 4 hours ago

Fantastic response RT @MaryKayCabot: #Browns Pettine on if he's still open to trading up for Mariota: "Sure, why not?"

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
At least two of those things really isn't breaking news. It's been a long time since I've seen anyone have Dawson as their #1 ILB taken in the draft, and Kevin Johnson also regularly goes ahead of Collins in mocks.

Morse's stock being on the rise was also pretty well known, even though I didn't know that he was "shooting up boards".

Dawson still looks like that will be a good pick for whichever team lands him. The 40 time affected him but he shows up faster on tape.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He's my #3.