Prospect Buzz

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:

"Irving has an 87 3/4-inch wingspan, and they say he can tie his shoes while standing up."

Fangio is drooling at the thought.

The guy was born to play 5 tech with those measurables and athleticism.

Here he is running the 40 at the combine incase you guys missed it...

U-S-A-Olympian-Tyson-Gay-With-Long-Arms-69746.jpg

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
Breshad Perriman wows scouts with 4.25-second 40-yard dash

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rriman-wows-scouts-with-425second-40yard-dash

Breshad Perriman might not have ascended draft boards as quickly as he ran 40 yards Wednesday, but it might not have taken much longer.

The Central Florida wide receiver's 40-yard dash was clocked at 4.25 seconds by NFL Media analyst Mike Mayock. Other times recorded by NFL scouts on hand ranged between 4.22 and 4.27, according to the school. Any of those would have been the best overall time at this year's NFL Scouting Combine had he run for the same result in Indianapolis last month. Anything under 4.4 is a stunningly fast clocking for a player of Perriman's size; he is 6-foot-2, 212 pounds.

The fastest 40-yard dash in combine history is 4.24 seconds by Chris Johnson in 2008. As with all official times at the combine, Johnson's 40 was electronically timed. Pro day 40s are timed by hand, which are substantially faster than electronic times.

NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt pegged the son of former Detroit Lions receiver Brett Perriman as a rising prospect about six weeks ago, before the NFL Scouting Combine. Perriman is also tied for fifth in Mayock's ranking of this year's wide receivers.

As it turned out, it might have been a blessing for Perriman that a hamstring injury precluded him from working out at the combine in Indianapolis. Now, his only 40-yard dash showing for NFL scouts is the Wednesday clocking they won't soon forget. So while scouts might choose to rely more heavily on the slower times from Indianapolis by prospects who made vast improvements on their pro days, they won't have any such slower time to fall back on with Perriman.

The deepest position in the 2015 NFL Draft just got a little tighter at the top of the class.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
@CharlesRobinson: Whaaaaat. Paging all WR needy #NFL teams. #Browns #Bears #Raiders #Jaguars RT @Eric_Edholm One scout had Breshad Perriman at a 4.15 ... WOW.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
@CharlesRobinson: Whaaaaat. Paging all WR needy #NFL teams. #Browns #Bears #Raiders #Jaguars RT @Eric_Edholm One scout had Breshad Perriman at a 4.15 ... WOW.

and as everyone knows a great 40=a great receiver.

perriman is super talented for sure, but his hands are questionable and his route running is poor. he's a boom or bust prospect in my opinion.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
@nfldraftscout: Randy Gregory posts a 4.53 40 at 243 pounds today. Also added 26 reps of 225 (per the always great @MikeGarafolo)

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I was wondering where that Gregory info came from also.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
@nfldraftscout: Randy Gregory posts a 4.53 40 at 243 pounds today. Also added 26 reps of 225 (per the always great @MikeGarafolo)

If he can maintain this speed, agility and quickness while bulking up to maybe 250, I'd be really excited about him as our #1-pick.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Not an exact science but .05-.1 regardless he's blistering fast for his size. One scout had him in the 4.1's

No one has ever run an electronically-timed 40 under 4.24. That guy is not .9 faster. Maybe Usain Bolt, but not that guy.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
So Gregory up 5 pound from his pro day and still extremely quick. Also his 3 Cone drills was really fast.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
No has ever run an electronically-timed 40 under 4.24. That guy is not .9 faster. Maybe Usain Bolt, but not that guy.
I don't buy the hype on these hand times. Never have. He's more then likely a legit mid to low 4.3 guy. Nevertheless, I don't really like him as a prospect. I'll take Nelson Aguilar all day over this kid.

TheDane

Liked Posts:
No one has ever run an electronically-timed 40 under 4.24. That guy is not .9 faster. Maybe Usain Bolt, but not that guy.

I'm not even convinced that Usain is the best bet to run the fastest 40yd time. It's the last half of the 100 meter-races that's his strength.