CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
A player like that needs to hang out in AA and have some success and get moved to AAA. If he is still raking, depending upon how the Sox season is going, he could be a Sept call-up this season. After his last season, the ST he is having is excellent, but as you stated, it is ST. Let him gain confidence at the MiLB level for a bit. IMHO.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
A player like that needs to hang out in AA and have some success and get moved to AAA. If he is still raking, depending upon how the Sox season is going, he could be a Sept call-up this season. After his last season, the ST he is having is excellent, but as you stated, it is ST. Let him gain confidence at the MiLB level for a bit. IMHO.

I agree here.

I think Shuck is our 4th

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He and Trayce Thompson and Saldino certainly look like they have the talent to make it. I really like Thompson as a player. He looks like a five tool prospect and Hawkins look like he has awesome power. Pretty good future for the three of them.

Sometime, Nieto is going to come into his own as a major league catcher. Wouldn't be surprised if he become the Sox starting catcher next year.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I think 5:1 against. I like what I've seen from him, and some of the others mentioned. He needs to go down just to get more playing time. Regardless, I feel better about the teams depth than I have in a while.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sometime, Nieto is going to come into his own as a major league catcher. Wouldn't be surprised if he become the Sox starting catcher next year.

I completely agree. Nieto needs to play full time and learn. He'll get that now. It's one of the rare Rule V that actually pays off and I think it will for the Sox.

Svic

Liked Posts:
No reason to keep him on a bench. He need to keep learning and build on this spring. He looms like a good player and around age of 23-24 will be a great prospect for this team. But it would just be a mistake to keep him on the bench when he can play full time in the minors and keep improving. I like how some players are showing up in the games. At the same time it sucks seeing someone like Davidson suck it up. Right now he is not even half the player he was for Arizona.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
No reason to keep him on a bench. He need to keep learning and build on this spring. He looms like a good player and around age of 23-24 will be a great prospect for this team. But it would just be a mistake to keep him on the bench when he can play full time in the minors and keep improving. I like how some players are showing up in the games. At the same time it sucks seeing someone like Davidson suck it up. Right now he is not even half the player he was for Arizona.

I think Davidson's numbers with Arizona's AAA affiliate were the product of hitting in the PCL. He probably wasn't that great to start which means Hahn likely traded a decent closer for crapola. Oh well

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think Davidson's numbers with Arizona's AAA affiliate were the product of hitting in the PCL. He probably wasn't that great to start which means Hahn likely traded a decent closer for crapola. Oh well

Reed last two seasons I believe has the worst save percentage in baseball min of 30 saves

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Monster game for C-Hawk...two 2 run hr's including a 425' walk off to dead central. I think he wants to stay.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Monster game for C-Hawk...two 2 run hr's including a 425' walk off to dead central. I think he wants to stay.

There is really no room for him currently. You have to keep eaton and melky up. Are you going to send avisail down to AAA. If melky wasn't here I would say you can put him at RF. Maybe if eaton gets hurt (lets hope not) or any other OF he then can be brought up. But future looks so good for him. At this rate he will be an everyday starter in couple of years. I wish he could play 3RD

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
There is really no room for him currently. You have to keep eaton and melky up. Are you going to send avisail down to AAA. If melky wasn't here I would say you can put him at RF. Maybe if eaton gets hurt (lets hope not) or any other OF he then can be brought up. But future looks so good for him. At this rate he will be an everyday starter in couple of years. I wish he could play 3RD

Or catch :)

2017 if he can hit

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
I said he wants to stay, I didn't say he will. At 21, he has much to learn.

He has, however, left a very good impression. That is all we could have hoped for.

Svic

Liked Posts:
I said he wants to stay, I didn't say he will. At 21, he has much to learn.

He has, however, left a very good impression. That is all we could have hoped for.

Yep. Its nice to see a prospect show up. I was not expecting him to do anything. He was so bad last year.