Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In Curry's best season with the Bulls.. 04-05... he was dominate the 1st quarter and early 4th quarter and was fairly useless the rest of the game because he was "gassed". He was also a terrible rebounder..Skiles famous answer to "what can Eddy Curry do to become a better rebounder" was "jump." Best quote ever. lol.
lol it was true though. Curry averaged like maybe 7-8 boards at best for his career. Usually it was like 5-6. Sorta like Brook Lopez lol.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol it was true though. Curry averaged like maybe 7-8 boards at best for his career. Usually it was like 5-6. Sorta like Brook Lopez lol.
His 06-07 season was the best.. he also played 35 mpg that year. After that he completely fell off.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His 06-07 season was the best.. he also played 35 mpg that year. After that he completely fell off.
Yeah that was the year after we found out about his heart thing and traded him to NY. Great deal for us lol.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah that was the year after we found out about his heart thing and traded him to NY. Great deal for us lol.
Well we found out in late season of 2005...he was traded that offseason.. So he spent 05-06 there too... And never had a heart problem.. But we got Noah and by extension, Doug McDermott. So I'm happy.

Liked Posts:
I was going to make a thread about this one thing until I saw this thread.

But today is the 2 year anniversary of the Streak Game. We busted the big3 heat's 27-game winning streak. That was definitely my favorite moment of the 12-13 season and one of my favorite moments in the post-Jordan era. I also personally consider that game to have been Jimmy Buckets' emergence, Nate was exciting as usual, and Kirk Hinrich made Lebron mad, lol

[video=youtube;QvQI2p3XSrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvQI2p3XSrs[/video]

..things have changed in those 2 years but this game was a very fond memory and a great night to be a Bulls fan

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I was going to make a thread about this one thing until I saw this thread.

But today is the 2 year anniversary of the Streak Game. We busted the big3 heat's 27-game winning streak. That was definitely my favorite moment of the 12-13 season and one of my favorite moments in the post-Jordan era. I also personally consider that game to have been Jimmy Buckets' emergence, Nate was exciting as usual, and Kirk Hinrich made Lebron mad, lol

[video=youtube;QvQI2p3XSrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvQI2p3XSrs[/video]

..things have changed in those 2 years but this game was a very fond memory and a great night to be a Bulls fan

That was great and then we won game 1 in the playoffs against them in that same season.

We are also 10 years removed from the bulls making the playoffs in 04-05 which was the first time they made the playoffs since the 98 title run.

We are 20 years removed from Jordans first retirement comeback.

30 years from MJ's rookie season in 84-85 when he was 3rd in scoring in the league.

40 years removed from the Bulls nearly making the finals in 74-75.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Go ahead and post some of your games that are favorites of yours on this thread.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Jackpot!...thanks.

Watching the 91' ECF against Detroit...SWEEP!. That series began the dynasty, to this day I still hate Bill Laimbeer.

I believe he has all the playoff match ups between the Bulls and Pistons. I know he has the 88 series which nobody has to sell.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jackpot!...thanks.

Watching the 91' ECF against Detroit...SWEEP!. That series began the dynasty, to this day I still hate Bill Laimbeer.

Yep. And his brother from a different mother the smirky Ike Thomas.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Yep. And his brother from a different mother the smirky Ike Thomas.

Who also ducked the media and hid in the locker room after game 4...that was the ultimate payback after enduring Chuck Daley's brand of thug ball.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Who also ducked the media and hid in the locker room after game 4...that was the ultimate payback after enduring Chuck Daley's brand of thug ball.

I miss thug ball. nba is too soft today...players whining every other play about not getting foul calls

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
I miss thug ball. nba is too soft today...players whining every other play about not getting foul calls

I agree.

The Pistons used the physical play to get into their opponents heads.

I don't hold no animosity towards them like others do.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I agree.

The Pistons used the physical play to get into their opponents heads.

I don't hold no animosity towards them like others do.

me either, always had a ton of respect for the pistons and coach daley. they never backed down from anybody and were willing to do anything it took to win.

I wish the bulls could use those tactics today on LeBron but the nba today doesn't allow for it. the bulls do get more physical with him than most teams do, but theres a limit on it by the league today, they "protect" the brand. it sure would be fun to take LeBron back to those days to play mahorn, lambeer, rodman, etc and watch him get knocked to the floor time and time again

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
me either, always had a ton of respect for the pistons and coach daley. they never backed down from anybody and were willing to do anything it took to win.

I wish the bulls could use those tactics today on LeBron but the nba today doesn't allow for it. the bulls do get more physical with him than most teams do, but theres a limit on it by the league today, they "protect" the brand. it sure would be fun to take LeBron back to those days to play mahorn, lambeer, rodman, etc and watch him get knocked to the floor time and time again

Fouls are so cheap now a days that the Bulls wouldn't be able to play like the bad boys or knicks.

They said the reason the Knicks never won was because they were too half court style for their own good.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Fouls are so cheap now a days that the Bulls wouldn't be able to play like the bad boys or knicks.

They said the reason the Knicks never won was because they were too half court style for their own good.

with Patrick ewing id be a half court team as well lol

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yeah but Ewing was pretty athletic and could have ran the floor well on the break.

ehhh ewing wasn't known for running the court. he was a dominant post up center during an era filled with some great ones